It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misandry in the Media ~Fat, Lazy, and Stupid American Men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The media doesn't want a man to be a man or a woman be a woman, they want us to blend into some androgynous piece of meat. That is what sells.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You want to see a man's rights get shredded, just watch what happens if he gets his girlfriend or even wife pregnant and he wants it, but she doesn't. He has no rights over his baby, because it's in her tummy.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

So your trying to force women into marriage I don't get it? What exactly is your solution to stop divorce rate? My mom is divorced she didn't decide to do it on a whim. My dad was a piece of sht adulterer. You do know you have to cite reasons for getting divorced right? You seem to be pointing the finger at women for divorce rates when it is literally one of the hardest things a women can do. You know taking care of kids with no help and financial insecurity. Women totally want that! Come on if men had the balls and weren't so egotistical and listened to their partners maybe women wouldn't divorce them.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Men haven't been men for a long time. The moment they had more rights than women they weren't men anymore. To romanticize the past as some kind of macho awesome world where men were men and women knew their 'place' is disgusting. I would not want to be a woman anytime in the last 2,000 yrs.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All too true.
Men are under the double standard of "treat them like a lady" or the feminist equality "treat them the same".
Small wonder men are confused on how to act around women.
Every single aspect of our society and culture is being turned upside down, challenged or deemed obsolete.
It's not being done to help anyone but to leave us all adrift without standards.
It's much easier to control a population that way.

Eta: I'm all for equality but there's no need to stigmatize or belittle one part of society to achieve that.
You're simply trading one problem for another otherwise.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

You do realize you're not making any sense, in a historical, or logical way, right?

When do you reckon men were given more "rights" than women? How do you recon life was before these "rights" were given?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out history, nothing to be disgusted about. If you lack manhood, and deny your instincts, then that's your deal.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

So your saying women weren't considered second class citizens for a majority of history. And how exactly am I denying my manhood and why are you assuming I lack manhood? And what instincts are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The mass media panders to the lowest common denominator. Consequently, the usual archetypes of mass media begin to resemble them. This isn't a conspiracy of misandry or misogyny, but one of supply and demand.

The mass media panders to the controllers.

You are mind blowing in your defense and denial of anything being a conspiracy.

I guess you like the easy way out, that nothing is programmed, nothing matters, and it would always be this way no matter who runs the show.

Is it really so hard for you to disassemble yourself from the program and take a REAL look at the Universe ?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
OP, you're half right. You made a good point that men are portrayed as stupid, fat and lazy in sitcoms and commercials. LOL Really good point. The most famous men on TV perhaps being Homer Simpson, and Al Bundy.

However, that doesn't negatively affect/effect men in any meaningful way.. Neither does the Father's day commercial or anything like that.

There is NO War on Family values. That's a myth perpetrated by the "poor me" crowd. Those weak males that have no backbone and can't take responsibility for their own lives. They must find someone to blame and that of course is Women.

Grow a pair mates and take responsibility for your own lives. I do. No woman walks all over me. The non existent war on family fails to hurt me or my family.

The truth is that men are CEOs and presidents of most of the big companies in the world. Men make more films. Men make up most of the military and military leadership in the world. Men make more money than women. Men generally have more power than women. Men make up most of the world leaders and men hold most political offices in the US

Stop being victims and take control of your lives.

You sir a clearly the worst kind of victim, one who does not even see they are one.

Noone is talking about being a victim, just that everything is being targeted and being made much more difficult on PURPOSE and you think it is all too be taken in stride.

Grow yourself a pair and allow yourself to realize we do not need this garbage controlling every facet of society, you likely think you are above it lol.

The deniers are the ones I visit who think the constant battle is somehow what should be, and the harder the better, right ?

Oh, and tell us all how the children are unaffected and the entire outcomes of EVERYTHING are not altered by all the varieties of crap spewed at us, we don't need your opinions.

Why is it, that you are programmed to believe that as long as you somehow survive your wars that everything is ok ???

Growing a pair, a REAL pair means doing something about dam near everything, PREPARE.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

What you are seeing is accurate and something is going on........But you are missing the bigger agenda at play. TPTB are using the media to destroy the American family. Look.....Men and woman are incompetent and lazy and the children always know best. They kids use adult sarcasm and disrespect as the norm. Check out any Disney family Sitcom.........They are actually trying to destroy the fabric of the society.
edit on 9-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
READ THIS THING people...
www.stopthecrime.net...

I DARE you.
edit on 9-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

No. I'm not saying that. You know what, nvm. I can see this will be endless layers of confusion. Enjoy your day.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I know what you mean. This is how I see it. Feminism no matter how awful some people make it seem is only a reaction to male domination. It's only natural for this to occur for balance.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: amazing
OP, you're half right. You made a good point that men are portrayed as stupid, fat and lazy in sitcoms and commercials. LOL Really good point. The most famous men on TV perhaps being Homer Simpson, and Al Bundy.

However, that doesn't negatively affect/effect men in any meaningful way.. Neither does the Father's day commercial or anything like that.

There is NO War on Family values. That's a myth perpetrated by the "poor me" crowd. Those weak males that have no backbone and can't take responsibility for their own lives. They must find someone to blame and that of course is Women.

Grow a pair mates and take responsibility for your own lives. I do. No woman walks all over me. The non existent war on family fails to hurt me or my family.

The truth is that men are CEOs and presidents of most of the big companies in the world. Men make more films. Men make up most of the military and military leadership in the world. Men make more money than women. Men generally have more power than women. Men make up most of the world leaders and men hold most political offices in the US

Stop being victims and take control of your lives.

You sir a clearly the worst kind of victim, one who does not even see they are one.

Noone is talking about being a victim, just that everything is being targeted and being made much more difficult on PURPOSE and you think it is all too be taken in stride.

Grow yourself a pair and allow yourself to realize we do not need this garbage controlling every facet of society, you likely think you are above it lol.

The deniers are the ones I visit who think the constant battle is somehow what should be, and the harder the better, right ?

Oh, and tell us all how the children are unaffected and the entire outcomes of EVERYTHING are not altered by all the varieties of crap spewed at us, we don't need your opinions.

Why is it, that you are programmed to believe that as long as you somehow survive your wars that everything is ok ???

Growing a pair, a REAL pair means doing something about dam near everything, PREPARE.

I'm no victim. We all make our own lives. You sir appear to be in fear of women and the media and need someone to blame. maybe I'm wrong, you appear that way. Me, my family, my children, my business, my extended family....none of us are being harmed by this supposed misandry. It does not exist. Not be afraid. Live your life.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
The mass media panders to the lowest common denominator. Consequently, the usual archetypes of mass media begin to resemble them. This isn't a conspiracy of misandry or misogyny, but one of supply and demand.

I totally agree.

Women are also portrayed largely in a negative light, IMHO.

KIds do fare too well either.

Seems to me, US commercials are all seem to be directed toward mindless consumers.
With lots of money to spend on things they don't need.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am a single Dad to a beautiful little girl. I do it alone, albeit I get alot of help and support from my parents. I work full time and after work start my other full time job, parenting. I see the way men are treated and ignored everyday. Community support for single mothers is in every corner you look. Single Dads not so much. Go to any parent advise website and I dare you to find much of anything for fathers. I take parenting classes and the ones offered to fathers are geared more torwards fathers who don't have custody of their children. I know there are men that bail on their responsibilities, but not all. I am not stupid, or lazy. I do all of the cleaning, bathing, cooking (when not at work), and do all I can to raise my daughter the best way a single parent can. Should I get to gifts and praise on Mother's Day? I'm sure I would would get some weird looks for wearing a "#1 Mom" shirt.
edit on 7/9/2015 by FlyingWhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Not trying to "romanticize" the past, men and women are different, and that is a good thing. Too many times men are told they need to be this way or that way and much of it goes against the way they are biologically wired. In no way am I saying either sex is superior, we just bring different things to the plate.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Real men (and women) do not whine about how mistreated they are by society. They are true to themselves whether that means fitting into the neat little box society has made for them or not. Men who are unwilling to own a small dog with a bow, or wear a pink shirt or help his wife with the dishes, because of what their "bros" might think are not men. A man is secure in his masculinity and isn't bothered by the notion that a woman is his equal.

Also, men (and women) are their own worst enemies in this area. They say they want recognition of and public outrage about the problem of domestic violence against men and the rape of men, but then ridicule and insult any man who comes forward and admits he is a victim. You can't have it both ways.

By and large, all this talk by men about misandry in the media is an exaggeration...I tried to find some overtly misandric mainstream commercials and all I could find were a few marginally sexist or objectifying commercials about men. I did however find this, which is a fair analysis of reverse sexism, IMO:

edit on 9-7-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
TV, in general, is awful. The rise of reality shows prove that the more obsurd or stupid the premise is, the more ratings it will get. We must all be stupid.
edit on 7/9/2015 by FlyingWhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

As a victim of domestic violence I totally agree with the double standard. If I defended myself in any way I'm sure I would have gone to jail. I just let my ex punch away. Now, if I bring it up, people think I'm a coward for not knocking her on her a**.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join