It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Too Comfortable To Initiate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Currently the American public are sufficiently well off enough that they will not take action to attempt any forced changes towards the current dysfunctional government. Simply put they are not uncomfortable enough!

Yes I do believe many are awakening and learning that our government no longer serves the main populous. Yes this awaking group are complaining. This group, however, is not big enough to make an impact towards affecting any changes upon the government.
At this point in time the ruling elite are too drunk on wealth and power to worry about the complaining serfs. However, should they not wake up but continue down this current destructive path; I believe a day of reckoning will eventuality be upon them. Hopefully this day of reckoning will be accomplished in a well organized healthy legal method.

On a personal note with the goal of attempting to enlighten you good folks on how the elite think, I will share information. Both my father and brother have for many years conducted work for a very wealthy family who started banking many years ago to support the Pittsburgh wealthy Steel families. This banking family treated people like my family as though they were put on this earth to serve them. They talked down to them and treated them as a lower class. Too make matters worse the banking family offspring were even worse. There were times my dad had a great deal difficulty getting this family to pay their bills. I find it mind boggling how the elite think, act, and how their culture is.

In my opinion America now is similar to what occurred many years ago in the European countries with Kings, Queens, Lords, and Serfs. And we know what happened to them.

I truly believe America is moving away from a First World Country.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg
Fat, dumb and happy. That is the way they want us to be.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Most people don't care. They have bread and circuses to keep them apathetic and distracted. It would take something major like house to house raids, martial law, and camps to get them to wake up. By then it would be too late.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Here here!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Gosh I hope your wrong. I hope the majority wakes up sooner than later. But we humans tend to make the same mistakes over and over don't we.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yes we do, more often than not. It's like the saying about not paying attention to history and being doomed to repeat it. It doesn't help that the history they teach in school is skewed to represent a narrative and people rarely question it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

At this point in time the ruling elite are too drunk on wealth and power to worry about the complaining serfs. However, should they not wake up but continue down this current destructive path; I believe a day of reckoning will eventuality be upon them. Hopefully this day of reckoning will be accomplished in a well organized healthy legal method.

I love the quote above from the OP, and rest assured your not alone in the USA many other countries including ours are suffering the same fate as of right now.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that your country as well as others are going through the same issues as we in the USA.

Towards the end of my work career I had the chance to visit many countries and differing cultures. In each and every country I found the people to be no different in their desires, wants, and needs as we in America have. I enjoyed so much working with as well as having fun with the people from differing countries. I came away with the conclusion that we the people are not the issue but our Governments are.

a reply to: Iwinder

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Applying this mindset to just the U.S. is a little shortsighted imo.

Many people in many countries are going through similar things on many levels. Thing is... so many people work and fight so hard for what they have, regardless of whether it's good, bad or ugly, they are perhaps afraid to stop, look, listen and act to create further change, instead opting to relish in what (little) they have to desperately tell themselves they are doing alright.

Maybe only when the outside forces of TPTB actually mess with a person's life in a sharp or unavoidable way do people start to act, especially en-masse.

There is sanctuary in ignorance that many embrace. I hate it with a passion but at the same time, I understad it and cannot cast blame where there is weakness.

Personally, I do my best to fly under the radar, quietly leaving nails in the road for TPTB and trying not to hurt my immediate surroundings.

Work silently and change will happen in the darkness where nobody can stop it because it is an invisible, unstoppable energy. Don't point fingers at those who do not understand but teach them and lead by example.

O.P....I think you should change "America's" in your title to "People are".

cheers
edit on 7/7/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If they keep us happy enough to live comfortably and enjoy our friends and families that is pretty smart on their part. If they let society fall apart they are doomed.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Nerbot how would I know how other country Governments treat their people. I don't live in other countries nor do I correspond with other people on an ongoing bases in other countries.

What am I missing?

a reply to: nerbot

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
Nerbot how would I know how other country Governments treat their people. I don't live in other countries nor do I correspond with other people on an ongoing bases in other countries.

What am I missing?

You're doing it right now. Welcome to the world my friend.

"ATS" thinking beyond the horizons we see means we have a much larger pot of minds to draw from. The issues you relate in your O.P. are valid, but don't just apply to Americans but a multitude of people from many destinations and all walks of life.

The "us and them" scenario could be applied, but also remember that ultimately we are 7 billion individuals playing a game that has no fixed rules and no fixed playing field, just personal opinions.

The one thing that is universal imo is each person's "morals". Some things we all know are just plain wrong. That's what we're so good at discerning here and in doing so we set the cat amongst the pigeons every single day.

THIS is not America.
edit on 7/7/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Cheers.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yes I do believe many are awakening and learning that our government no longer serves the main populous. Yes this awaking group are complaining. This group, however, is not big enough to make an impact towards affecting any changes upon the government.

Your exactly right. As long as people have money in their pockets and food on their table they're content to accept what ever our government dishes out. Our government is spending trillions of dollars on the military, overseas bases, occupations and conflicts, and yet ignores the needs of it's own people.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The US Census stated many of our children our impoverished. There is absolutely no excuse this should happening.

a reply to: WeRpeons

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
To the average American, yes. You see stuff in the news about the US all of the time, but the domestic issues are very few and far between for such a large country. The political and military field of that, well the ordinary citizen has no control over that.

There is always over-hyped subjects, but for the most part, Americans really can't and don't complain. There is a reason so many immigrants come here legally or illegally despite the risks. It's not just Mexican immigrants as the news would make you seem is the only issue, but the Asian illegal immigration into the US is just as astounding, and that is never mentioned...ever

3 year old source

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
We're citizens, not consumers! I'd give you like ten flags if I could.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
No the group isn't big enough and most of it is too busy, while they know they are issues they don't have the time to put effort into the cause. Some are well off until they are a paycheck away from being homeless. Even after hitting rock bottom there isn't always time for effort beyond basic survival. There will just have to be enough to rise in dissent.

Many also, as shared on this site even, see no issues and in fact see things changing for the better.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Victory has defeated us
edit on 8-7-2015 by HAZE3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join