It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have had about 4 'strange' experiences in my life, that some could call paranormal. This was my first one. This was probably around 1998, and I was working in a superstore, packing shelves during the backshift hours, usually around 6-11.

One night me and a friend were working at the top end of the shop. We were in the second last aisle, and the only way up to the lasy aisle was by walking past us. Keep in mind the shop was closed, and the only people in were our team.

As we were packing the shelves, someone walked past us into the next aisle. We thought it was our manager, so thought nothing of it. 5 minutes pass and he hasnt came back out of the last aisle, so I ask my friend if he saw him too. He says he did, so I get up and go look for him. Theres nobody there. Very strange we think, but just carry on working.

A few minutes later our manager appears, to check how much we have done. We ask why he didnt check when he passed earlier, only for him to say he's been in the warehouse with everyone else, clearing stock for the last hour. We tell him someone passed us, and he says thats impossible, since everyone else is in the back.

After this, I spoke to several people, who told me that strange things were common in the shop, and even my mother, who worked there during the day, said she had heard someone calling her name from an empty office. I then found out the shop was built on an old graveyard. Very strange stuff. No idea who walked past us all those years ago, but it was a pretty weird experience.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Interesting story, but a worker could of walk by to get something then returned to his job, the boss would not of noticed he was gone. As for your mum hearing her name called from an empty office , it could of been a voice of some one else talking or the sound coming through the air vents. The human brain always tries to make sense of any noise it hears so your mum though she heard her name been called. Then again I might be wrong

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
scary, I hate ghost

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

We thought the same at the time, but there was only one way in and out, and they would have had to pass us. Nobody came back out. As for the voice my mum heard, her office was at the end of a corridor, away from the main area. There were no vents, no rooms in behind the wall or anything. Lots of others experienced similar things there. Im not saying it was supernatural for sure, but it was definitely strange.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Interesting story. I've heard my name called with nobody around quite a few times. It does make you stop what you're doing and look around. Once when I was riding my push bike to work I heard my name called. I was nowhere near home or work. It did scare me a little.
I do see shadows and things quite often. None of my family seem to have that ability, they just say I'm seeing things

It comes and goes though. I used to see things all the time, then it stopped for a year or so, then it came back for a short period then stopped again. Strange.
The fact that someone else saw the person as well, makes it all the more stranger.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Boy I am glad I am reading this in the daytime! I've seen and even had a brief conversation with a ghost once, but she was family and nice and introduced herself and stated her purpose for popping in (to see her new great grandchild who was named after her) so while it was unexpected, it wasn't creepy. And she never bothered me again. She did what she said she was there for and that was that.

There is just something so creepy and scary about total stranger ghosts flitting about, like they are trying to get a rise out of people. I'm not sure if those kinds are actually ghosts of the deceased or something nastier trying to pass themselves off as such. I would think if what you and your coworker saw were just a residual haunting, there wouldn't be other people experiencing their name being called. Eeeeeee.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gdt26

When will people learn to stop constructing buildings on top of old graveyards? (Sighs.) Interesting sighting, anyway. Do you know if anybody else ever reported seeing a ghost there?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gdt26

Interesting story. I also had a similar incident happen to me while at work. I was a manager working at a local job site. It was a telecom building, 5 stories high. I arrived at the building around 4 am and made my way to the 3rd floor where the computer consoles were. At the time, I didn't believe anyone was in the building with me. After logging into one of the computers, I called my wife and while we were chatting I happened to notice a figure of a man walking by one of the nearby aisles. It was very brief but I remember noticing a man wearing a gray-ish looking suit with his hands in his pockets. I didn't pay it no mind but after chatting with my wife for a few more minutes I decided to go see where this person was.

I remember looking all over that 3rd floor, between the aisles and switches and didn't see anyone. Mind you, there was only 1 way in on that floor and I had been sitting no more than 20 feet from the exit door. There was absolutely no way that person could have slipped by and exited without me seeing or hearing the door shut.

After searching from top to bottom, I still didn't see any sign of anyone or any entry logs. It was real freaky but strangely I was never afraid at any time.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Menocchio

Several people mentioned seeing or hearing things. It was always just something that people kind of knew. That strange things happened. Nobody thought much of it. The place was knocked down and redeveloped. Its now a state of the art mall.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Sounds very similar indeed. Its one of those things you need to experience yourself, to know that it wasnt something easily explained

top topics

join