It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers infiltrate Patriot Missiles Owned by Germany

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Were there something special about these magnets that only China was privileged to ? Were the magnets of some kind of a quality aspect that would render them inferior to the specifications required ? Does ISO play any significant roll ? Like I mentioned I worked in the fastner business where specs or lack there of could cause problems with quality control but to have a uproar over magnets seem a bit strange to me . I am sure I must be missing the significant point/s to it .Aside from the uproar that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

They were cheaper, and already produced in the quantity needed.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The big question is how they got past the crypto side. If they are anything like the Navys system it's changed on a daily basis. If they have access to future codes any thing is up for grabs. Having access doesn't mean you know how to control it. Any opening that allows an outside player to effect your systems is a cause for a large alarm.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Does that address the reason for a uproar ? Some purchasing seems to be political while some would or could be considered just plain corruption .Sometimes the focus will be on one thing while avoiding the elephant . Business partners will scratch each others backs despite economics . Lots of variables to consider over simple magnets ...oh well such is life I guess .

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The uproar was because it occurred not long after the Chinese computer scandal. Congress passed a law that no Chinese parts of any kind were to be used after that, and they did anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The defense department isn't allowed to use anything made in China. Even more after the computer chip incident. There are no Patriot missiles made in China, they are all made in the US.

Thank goodness for that.

On the transponders,I was thinking about 911 and possibly MH370-although they may have been manually disabled if that is possible.
There have also been reports of aircraft avionics being hacked,although I admit I don't know if that includes the ability to disable transponders.
www.cruxialcio.com...

Interesting ok I like this one and the thread
I am keeping this as a note in... worth looking into

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
The patriot missile system is something that could lead to total chaos if it is hacked.
And if this system can be hacked,why not nuclear ballistic missiles?

I can't answer the rest of your questions, but this one I can. US ICBM's are unhackable. They aren't on any networked equipment, and the access to the machines is very restricted. You could never get the necessary equipment next to one of these computers, and even if you could, if you're interfacing with them at all you have two people with the same qualifications as you watching every move you make. They are extremely secure because they physically lack the hardware for others to connect to them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join