It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers infiltrate Patriot Missiles Owned by Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Warning People of ATS and Planet Earth:

This is not good,according to the below link,hackers managed to briefly get into a US built,German owned Patriot missile battery stationed on the Syrian border,and issue "unexplained orders" to the system:

German-owned Patriot missiles stationed in Turkey were briefly taken over by hackers,
according to media reports on Tuesday.
The attack took place on anti-aircraft ‘Patriot’ missiles on the Syrian border.
The American-made weapons had been stationed there by the Bundeswehr (German army) to protect Nato ally Turkey.
According to the civil service magazine, the missile system carried out “unexplained” orders. It was not immediately clear when these orders were carried out and what they were.

www.thelocal.de...

Not good at all.
Especially as they don't know what the orders were.
Hopefully not a time delayed rogue launch command..

Who could it have been?

Daesh hackers?
Russians?
US testing their ability to re take systems they have sold to allies?
An A.I. dry run?

The patriot missile system is something that could lead to total chaos if it is hacked.
And if this system can be hacked,why not nuclear ballistic missiles?

This is super dodgy IMO,as if this kind of thing can happen,anyone who wishes to begin WW3 proper,may have just worked out the way to do it.

What do you think folks of ATS?
Am I worrying too much(again)?
Or is this a valid threat to global security?

edit on 7/7/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I missed a potential hacker:

CHINA

Apparently,two years ago,China hacked the Patriot missile system.
www.usnews.com...

Good grief.
With the Chinese war philosophy(Tsun Zu),this only adds to my worries.
If they wished to further destroy the US/allies via warfare,China possibly have the knowhow to hack patriot missiles.
Imagine if they wished to make it appear that the US/Germany or anyone else who owns patriots had launched a strike against an enemy..
The perfect false flag.

I am thinking I should have posted this in the WW3 forum rather than the middle east issues forum.

The more I think about this,the more worrying it becomes.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They are not hooked up to the internet, so they cannot be hacked like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
it's already being replaced...they "hacked" a non-performing weapon...the sky is not falling.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
They are not hooked up to the internet, so they cannot be hacked like that.

They can be hacked as it is a system of a radar and multiple missile launch platforms attached to that radar through communications without wires.

Wouldn't be an easy thing to do. Similar to hacking a drone maybe. I wouldn't know.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

With wireless communication everything will be possible, now and in the future. You just need someone whit a mobile phone or a drone etc etc to be near a "war tech" like this and bye bye kansas...
edit on 7/7/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
it's already being replaced...they "hacked" a non-performing weapon...the sky is not falling.

Yet it is a system which is deployed in the field at this moment.
A system which is made to take down enemy missiles-in this case to protect Turkey.

What would happen if the system was instructed by hackers to start targeting US/Allied fighter jets or commercial aeroplanes?

All hell could break loose.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
What would happen if the system was instructed by hackers to start targeting US/Allied fighter jets or commercial aeroplanes?

Those airplanes would have transponders, or things similar to that which tell the missile system they are allied.
You'd have to get deep into the override systems whatever those are to shoot at allies.

I almost feel like it was turkey maybe? that was trying to experiment with their F-16s to try to see if they could turn off their ally noticing system.

Turkish F-16s now able to hit Israeli planes": since when IFF can prevent a fighter from firing a missile?
theaviationist.com...

to replace the previous US version which “identified all Israeli targets as a “friend”, thus preventing the Turkish fighter jets from firing at them automatically, even if the Turkish pilots were ordered to fire at them.”

edit on 7-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

At that level, a whole new set of rules come in to play as well. I have seen vague evidence that some fancy stuff with magnetic fields is possible, making them act even laser like. A magnetic field can induce a current in any wire remotely, so with the right voodoo, you can hack into disconnected systems, even from space. This stuff is at intelligence community level. Stuff like tempest hacking (google it) is really old and trivial to them, but that allowed them to remotely monitor the screen of old school monitors, that were totally disconnected from any network.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the missiles were made in China. If they are there's a possibility it got tampered.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Those airplanes would have transponders, or things similar to that which tell the missile system they are allied.
You'd have to get deep into the override systems whatever those are to shoot at allies.

I almost feel like it was turkey maybe? that was trying to experiment with their F-16s to try to see if they could turn off their ally noticing system.

Turkish F-16s now able to hit Israeli planes": since when IFF can prevent a fighter from firing a missile?
theaviationist.com...

Well,we have seen that transponders can be messed with in other events,so that is not an impossible scenario.
And the current Turkish regime,I would not rule anything out with them these days without going into detail.

I am still in worry mode.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

oh yes, and a radar sending data wirelessly to missile launch platforms... That's not exactly impossible to hack with simpler means..

My stuff got hacked recently.. Par for the course I guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yet it is a system which is deployed in the field at this moment.
A system which is made to take down enemy missiles-in this case to protect Turkey.

All hell could break loose.

all I can say is that it can't be instructed to fire

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

all I can say is that it can't be instructed to fire

haha yes.

oops nvm the rest.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

And when have we seen a transponder hacked and/or turned off remotely?

Even if these were hacked, getting them to fire on an aircraft or hide the transponder isn't the easiest thing to do.
edit on 7/7/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I'm pretty sure the missiles were made in China. If they are there's a possibility it got tampered.

Oh man..is that for real?
US Patriot missiles are made in China?
That cannot be...
If that is true,it really explains alot,and verifies my hypothesis that we have entered a parallel universe.

Did the Germans buy knock off Patriots made in China who got the details of the system from Israel?
Hmm,OK-it wouldn't surprise me at this stage of the game actually.
Does that stop me worrying?
NO.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The defense department isn't allowed to use anything made in China. Even more after the computer chip incident. There are no Patriot missiles made in China, they are all made in the US.
edit on 7/7/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

But what about the missile parts? Like the microchips all that stuff. Ever since Slick Willy sold us off to China anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The defense department isn't allowed to use anything made in China. Even more after the computer chip incident. There are no Patriot missiles made in China, they are all made in the US.

Thank goodness for that.

On the transponders,I was thinking about 911 and possibly MH370-although they may have been manually disabled if that is possible.
There have also been reports of aircraft avionics being hacked,although I admit I don't know if that includes the ability to disable transponders.
www.cruxialcio.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join