It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My poor baby...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Poor babies
I was led to believe by my vet that spaying will basically remove the risk of hormonal disorders/diseases entirely, but was talking to a customer a little while ago too who also had a cat with the condition that you guys are describing, and she said it happened to her again less than six months after the spay surgery, so again, it seems to be true for cats as well as dogs, and isn't actually preventable with surgery after all. Thank you guys for enlightening me...this info may save a life down the road, you never know!

I'm glad that my cats are all male at present and thankfully it would be easy to see if something was wrong with my pitbull right away, because sometimes my life is so hectic that I might not get a chance to sit down and give everyone belly rubs and individual attention and things like that can happen so suddenly, they can be missed. I already learned that the hard way. And it seems that females tend to have more propensity for getting sick with things like this than males. Their lives are already so short as it is...it is so unfair.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Good news is she is up running in and out today, mostly her normal self despite licking her nipples a bit when she's bored.

Yeah, the vet told me spaying her wasn't necessary as it might not cure the false pregnancies. Hormone regulation is an option and a diuretic will stop milk production.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Glad she's on the mend

I know what you mean with belly rubs
I've three dogs and they all keep each other occupied so I don't feel to down when I've no time to give them their rubs

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Glad to hear she's better, hopefully she'll stay that way

top topics

<< 1   >>

join