It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Cameron gives SAS the green light to launch killing raids on terror leaders inside Syria and Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM

originally posted by: December21st2012
Most likely acting as recon for drone strikes.

Drones do their own recon. That's pretty much entirely what drones were built for. To eliminate the need for guys to go walk around looking for people.

I would love to start hearing about SAS or Delta disappearing some of these big shots.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I've never actually looked into who runs the show at the mail, apparently it's someone called Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere, and he seems to have his hand in a lot, including the Tories, so it wouldn't surprise me if he / they get inside information.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:52 PM
a reply to: woogleuk

But does anyone really expect a few units of the SAS/SBS not to be out there in some shape or fashion? The UK government will want answers and ones from its own people not other countries intel that may or may not be accurate or so late its useless

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM

I very much doubt that the likes Alex Younger are going out and giving out the details of sensitive active operations to the owners of news papers, regardless of how well connected the guy might be.

Most stories we read about Special forces are guess work, or based on one crumb of information that gets blown up into a full spread story.
edit on 7-7-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
Been there already for atleast 12 months, this is just a change of orders if it's even that
To target leadership, evidently those that are not with the program.
Still gonna be another interesting one fighting today who you trained yesterday in Jordan ......yay to the B/S

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:39 PM
More likely green berets than delta
This is search and destroy territory not targeted strikes a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM

originally posted by: woogleuk Assuming this isn't just another Daily Fail article

if it's a daily fail article, it's probably a fail. in fact almost certainly. also cameron is a fool. not even a useful idiot.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
a reply to: AlphaPred

Not really. Deep penetration kill or capture missions are the bread and butter of SAS, DEVGRU, and Delta. Special Forces aren't designated as special mission units, which would be who would take a mission like this in all likelihood.

I would point you to the raid on Abu Sayyaf's leader, which Delta carried out. DEVGRU and Delta have both carried out numerous missions in Africa, Iraq, and southwest Asia that were either kill or capture missions or rescue missions. Delta and DEVGRU are both Tier 1 units. Special Forces is Tier 2.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:55 PM
Just another day with another DailyFail article...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM

originally posted by: woogleuk
I'm normally opposed to these sorts of meddling in ME affairs, as I often believe that we only make things worse...

This time however, all I can say is, it's about bloody time.

Assuming this isn't just another Daily Fail article blowing things out of proportions, then ISIS had better watch out, the big boys are coming to play.

I would trust the SAS/SBS to get the job done far with far less pissing about than conventional military.

Indeedy, it's about time and they had better watch their backs now!

As for the Tunisia attack, unfortunately, Governments often require a casus belli to act, especially if there is likely to be opposition to any involvement. At least now they can genuinely argue a direct threat to Britain and it's people, rather than the nebulous threat of "well, they might come back here and cause trouble".
edit on 7/7/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:37 PM
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't forget Rangers...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:10 PM

I am all for these guys getting some real fight back against them, they deserve hell .

I don't really trust the British government meddling further over there.

The evidence is out there that shows the US, UK, Jordan, Saudi etc created ISIS in the first place, and we all know the target is Syria (or Assad) then Iran, lets not kid ourselves we are on the good side.

Like there is a good side.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:33 PM
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

What "evidence"?

You're mixing up things - Qatar and Saudi have sponsored some (of the many) groups fighting in Syria. Did some of that get folded into ISIS - probably, but not deliberately. IS has been around for a lot longer than the Syria Civil war anyway - in fact, they've been around since just after the Iraq invasion, they just had a different name.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
a reply to: stumason

They have been trained in Jordan, funded by Quatar and Saudi and allowed free access on the boarder with Turkey not to mention the fact Israel has been patching up injured ISIS fighters all along - funny that.

And the whole chemical weapon bull# attack, that was proven to be the rebels with links back to Washington, It's exact;y the same in the Ukraine, but it went better faster for them.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:44 PM

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus

They have been trained in Jordan, funded by Quatar and Saudi and allowed free access on the boarder with Turkey not to mention the fact Israel has been patching up injured ISIS fighters all along - funny that.

Still, no evidence provided..

Once again, you're confusing the various different groups fighting. Israel hasn't been patching up IS fighters at all, but rather FSA and other, moderate Islamist fighters. Qatar and Saudi actually fund Al Nusra, not IS. Jordan has trained the Southern Front. Turkey was trying to play groups off against each other to prevent the Kurds becoming strong..

Do you honestly think there is just IS vs Syria going on? There are literally hundreds of different groups, formed into dozens of larger alliances, like the FSA, the Southern Front, Al Nusra etc. The one thing they all have in common is their hatred of IS and they are all fighting IS.

Jesus, you have such a simplistic view of it all and you think you're in the know....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:50 PM

In another ward, a man in his 20s sat up in bed staring down at his thigh, his lower leg now gone. He said he was a fighter in the Free Syrian Army.

He was shot in a battle with Assad’s forces a few weeks ago.

He did not say where.

He recalled medics at a rebel field hospital trying to save his left leg but had no memory of how he got to Israel, a journey long enough for gangrene to turn his flesh black.

FSA fighters treated in Israel

Western training of Syrian rebels is under way in Jordan in an effort to strengthen secular elements in the opposition as a bulwark against Islamic extremism, and to begin building security forces to maintain order in the event of Bashar al-Assad's fall.

Jordanian security sources say the training effort is led by the US, but involves British and French instructors.

The UK Ministry of Defence denied any British soldiers were providing direct military training to the rebels, though a small number of personnel, including special forces teams, have been in the country training the Jordanian military.

But the Guardian has been told that UK intelligence teams are giving the rebels logistical and other advice in some form.

British officials have made it clear that they believe new EU rules have now given the UK the green light to start providing military training for rebel fighters with the aim of containing the spread of chaos and extremism in areas outside the Syrian regime's control.

According to European and Jordanian sources the western training in Jordan has been going on since last year and is focused on senior Syrian army officers who defected.

West backs Jordan training moderate Syrian Rebels

But Qatar has deliberately channelled guns and cash towards Islamist rebels, notably a group styling itself Ahrar al-Sham, or "Free Men of Syria". Only last week, Khalid al-Attiyah, the Qatari foreign minister, praised this movement as "purely" Syrian.
He added that its fighters had suffered heavy losses while combating the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil), the group behind the murder of David Haines, the British aid worker, and which is holding John Cantlie and Alan Henning hostage.
Far from being a force for moderation, Ahrar al-Sham played a key role in transforming the anti-Assad revolt into an Islamist uprising. Its men fought alongside Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qaeda affiliate, during the battle for Aleppo and they were accused of at least one sectarian massacre.

Qatar funds Al Nusra

edit on 7/7/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:31 PM

I am quite aware of the groups fighting, don't make assumptions about my knowledge please.

As I am sure you are aware, for the most part the lines are very blurred between the groups.

Also members of the Saudi leadership do support ISIS financially and many commanders and fighters are Saudi.

And as for the evidence, the points I stated are well known and factual, easily verifiable with a quick search, I don't have to waste my time reposting links every time someone disagrees with me, this ain't my thread - this is what I know to be true, all in all it's a right mess - and if the US and allies (or the financial interests that dominate the policy of these countries) didn't benefit from meddling over there, then someone else would.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:45 PM

As the thread starter, I give you full permission, and even appreciate any links you can all benefits the people on ATS when trying to understand something.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:47 PM

Sadly Stu, the moment the first British born citizen went over there to fight, the people knew we were in it.

For the sake of national pride we should have gone in and wiped out "Jihadi John" after the first beheading....this is why I am so angry that we have sat on the sidelines for so long.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:04 AM
I love the whole 'senior intelligence source ' thing.

It's probably some 22 year old Int Corps L/Cpl who needs some cash to pay for his new car so makes up some crap that might probably sound like it could be a bit true and flogs it to the rag.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>