It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Banned Sites and Topics (yet another thread)

page: 1

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:13 PM
I am asking if there can be a single thread or location that is easily found that lists banned site sources/individual person sources/topics and is updated with any changes on a reasonable basis.

I understand they are listed separately in this forum with their own threads. Sometimes the search function doesn't work. there was a previous thread asking exactly this, but the answers were vague, pointed out sites or people I never heard of and giving reasons from "they have a lot of hoaxes" to "they previously insulted ATS" and it only mentioned a few. It had no 'closed' message, yet I could not reply to it or post on it. Someone brought up that RT was banned, but maybe not anymore. Very confusing.

I try to keep my sources mainstream for that reason, but that sort of goes against a lot of what we discuss here. Sourcing just CNN and NASA and universities enhance credibility, yet are often not much help when you are trying to bring light to the fact an 'official story' may be incorrect or a possible conspiracy.

I understand this is a business and I am not interested in fighting which ones are banned as sources or topics, I just want a convenient place to reference before I make a thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
I think that the motto of "deny ignorance" has to be taken into account, when you are talk about using these "other" sites as references...a lot of these are, to me anyway, "embracing paranoia"....or...."fabricating deceit"......the reason I have been a member here on ATS for so long, is that it tries to maintain a level of critical-thinking dialog and discussion. I have in the past been banned for a few days, for calling a fellow member a derogatory name.....which by the way , (in my opinion), he richly deserved.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
a reply to: jimmyx A lot of this would be common sense, but before today I didn't know BIN was banned as a source. A good amount of their articles have no sources, or make an entire article that skews a single fact. However, some are good and well-sourced. That is just an example.

One should not have to avoid all alternative news sources just in case they may not be an approved source. That said, that is why I and I think others, would like a database of some type.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:40 PM
a reply to: reldra

If BIN has a legit source, you should be able to trace it back to the original fairly easily. However, you have to be careful. I've found sources that would otherwise be reasonable and solid that post satirical stuff and the satire gets linked to BIN as straight news.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:44 PM
a reply to: ketsuko Yes, I know how to spot a satire site. And to try to drill down on the original source from the very beginning, but sometimes that isn't possible or would take too much time for just a single post, if not a thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM

You've brought up a very interesting point. I don't know what the banned sites are. Its becoming increasingly difficult to find views and plausible explanations that differ from the propaganda/agenda driven kool-aide sites like CNN, etc. I think that's one of the reasons no one much discusses politics any more; its all "canned", pre-packaged drivel. And now, so many so-called "alternative" news sites are just click bait for the gullible. Its kinda like going through the check out lane at the grocery and seeing a National Enquirer Headline, "B-52 Bomber found on the Moon".

Now with Google directing searches to the politically correct/accepted answers, its going to get even more difficult to get to the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
a reply to: TonyS You're right. And at this point, finding the banned sites/sources/topics can be done by searching the site, which often fails or looking through every single post on Board Business.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM

I concur. I recently was trying to locate a central location to see if World News Daily was on the list of banned sites, but one doesn't exist, so I couldn't confirm. (I found out the site I was thinking of was beforeitsnews btw)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
a reply to: Krazysh0t I see. Lol, BIN is getting a lot of mentions today. Wolrd News Daily reminds me of I think News of the World...maybe the one with 'batboy' as one of it's iconic covers.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM

That's why I was almost POSITIVE it was banned, but then someone corrected me and told me I was thinking of BIN.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
This is a good idea, I'm surprised it's not listed somewhere already. Forums can easily disseminate many kinds of information, but global lists like this maybe should be dealt with elsewhere. I've seen forum owners scoff when people try to create lists like this, complaining we'd have fifty different, non-vetted lists in a single thread. There is a point to that. I think in the future a forum-answer-lists hybrid of sorts would be ideal.

As for now, common sense goes a long way, but unfortunately is with few people posting threads.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:33 PM
The following are all banned on here;

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:36 PM
Ironic, I was about to make a thread of my own on this (well probably in a day or two).But yes, I very much agree with you and I believe it would be easier to have a forum for proving and tagging known hoaxers (and linking names to searchable database). Submissions probably should be controlled by administration of course.😁

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:21 PM

And heres why.

Terms and Conditions

16g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

The minute there is a published list, there will be drama that is unnecessary and the ensuing fallouts that go with it, and frankly its not worth the trouble.

If you are unsure of a source, ask a moderator before using it.

Answered and closed.

new topics

top topics