It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Being a woman, I am personally against abortions ONLY under certain circumstances that a woman is doing it for selfish reasons. This includes not wanting to endure physical symptoms, losing their "looks", etc. I.E. stupid excuses. The subject gets trickier in my opinion when it comes to stuff like brain damage and physical disabilities. Some families do not want the burden of that, but who is to say that the child will even live long enough to survive.. at least you have a peaceful mind knowing that you weren't responsible of killing the child. In the case of rape, I do believe that while the act itself was unwanted, it is by no means the child's fault of being brought into this world. The love of a child is something that is priceless no matter what way they are born into this world.

I think ultimately it stems on your level of conscious, morals and values.

(post by cultsmasher removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I'm pretty sure out of 125,000 abortions a day not even 5% of them are due to 'valid' reasons. I don't know this for sure but 125,000 a day is a LOT.

If that are indeed unwanted chjildren you'd better be glad they were aborted before being born. Have you any idea what it does to a child to feel unwanted? To feel guilty for being alive, to see disgust and hate in the eyes of its parent(s)?

If these children weren't aborted we'd have an additional 125.000 unwanted children born EACH DAY. Any idea what it would mean to the human race if roughly an additional 45 million UNWANTED children were born each year - children that weren't happy, weren't loved, were at best tolerated, at worst beaten and mistreated?

I can sympathise with your sentiments - but leave these very hard decisions to the mothers and show some respect. They have a hard time as it is.

Time and time again... It comes back to this:

Birth control... Condoms even... There wouldn't be an extra 45 million human beings a year if proper birth control methods were utilized. The large majority of abortions are on healthy unborn babies who are simply unwanted, conceived through irresponsibility. Yes, there are exceptions to the birth control rule--people do become pregnant with birth control, but the odds with using birth control, especially multiple forms, is VERY VERY in your favor.
As I've stated before, I'll state again since it's lost in this madness: I'm speaking about HEALTHY, simply unwanted unborn babies... NOT babies conceived by rape, or who threaten their own mothers' lives or would themselves suffer greatly if born.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
Being a woman, I am personally against abortions ONLY under certain circumstances that a woman is doing it for selfish reasons. This includes not wanting to endure physical symptoms, losing their "looks", etc. I.E. stupid excuses. The subject gets trickier in my opinion when it comes to stuff like brain damage and physical disabilities. Some families do not want the burden of that, but who is to say that the child will even live long enough to survive.. at least you have a peaceful mind knowing that you weren't responsible of killing the child. In the case of rape, I do believe that while the act itself was unwanted, it is by no means the child's fault of being brought into this world. The love of a child is something that is priceless no matter what way they are born into this world.

I think ultimately it stems on your level of conscious, morals and values.

agree entirely.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cultsmasher

What about 'mouthbreathers?'

You didn't get that one in there and missed an opportunity.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think this needs to be reposted.

originally posted by: aorAki
What the bible says about abortion

That's a mighty big plank in your eye!

More!

It's all part of God's wondrous Law of Jealousies. God's magical abortion procedure. A priest, some bitter water, and a wife that you think might have been unfaithful. Priceless. So if God has his own abortion procedure, abortion can't be wrong, right?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Achilles92x

As I've stated before, I'll state again since it's lost in this madness: I'm speaking about HEALTHY, simply unwanted unborn babies... NOT babies conceived by rape, or who threaten their own mothers' lives or would themselves suffer greatly if born.

I COMPLETELY agree with this as well. The majority of women who are having these procedures was because they lacked the brain cells to use protection. The find out that they had an oops moment and they go off to have that procedure. I just read a story today of a woman who was proclaiming that she did not regret having an abortion because not only did she decide that her boyfriend of 3 months was not compatible with her (didn't like the same things as her like movies or music, etc) but she also wasn't financially prepared. Yet after she had the procedure, she got herself a brand new place and started her life. Completely selfish reason. I personally knew someone who had one as well because she did not know who the father was (she was sleeping around) and didn't want to go through the trouble of finding who the real father was.
edit on 9-7-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The majority of women who are having these procedures was because they lacked the brain cells to use protection.

Riiiight, because men don't need to take responsibility at all....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

The majority of women who are having these procedures was because they lacked the brain cells to use protection.

Riiiight, because men don't need to take responsibility at all....

Seeing as Blackmetalmist mentioned that she is a woman, I am having doubts that she feels that the man holds no responsibility. It's a mutually responsible thing for partners--but a few issues differentiate it:
1. A girl lies and says she is using birth control
2. A girl forgets her birth control
There's no way a guy can know this. A girl can know if a guy isn't wearing a condom.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Men do of course... but we've all heard the excuse before, "it just feels better without it..." . Ultimately, it should fall on the woman to say "No glove, no love"

Or get a more long term birth control option if they are that lazy....

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Achilles92x

oh so are we gonna now get the whines about how unfair it is to pay child support because the lady tricked you???

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If you are in a relationship, then yes, there should definitely be communication with your partner on how you will protect yourself against pregnancy. Accidents do happen and there are methods to prevent unwanted pregnancy the day AFTER.

If you are sleeping around and being irresponsible (like that girl I knew) then you are being an idiot to say the least.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist
actually both should be taking precautions since if there is a child produced, well it very well may cause just as much pain to the father as the mother.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree. Who's to say that the father didn't want the child after all. I'm sure there are men out there who would be willing to step up the plate and raise that child himself. Why not give them that option...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

oh so are we gonna now get the whines about how unfair it is to pay child support because the lady tricked you???

Most of the time, in those situations the girl forgets to take her birth control. I suspect the number who lie about it because sex without a condom feels better for both parties is a lot lower. This being said, I have personal experience and friends who've experienced girls just telling guys to pull out--the responsibility being on both parties in this latter case.

maybe I misinterpretted your comment, but it seemed unprecedented. I am not going to whine about such a thing.

I DO find it interesting that:
- people believe the man has responsibility for the birth control too (which I agree with definitely)
- the man has to pay for child support until the child is 18

YET: the man has no say in the abortion.

What I'm saying is, the man seems to get a lot of responsibility before and after the conception, but basically none during the pregnancy.
Of course by this im NOT implying that the man should have a say in aborting the child if he doesn't want to pay the child support.
But as an individual who engages in safe, protected sex, in the case that a pregnancy did accidentally occur regardless, I find it heartbreaking that a woman could abort a healthy child without my say, for selfish reasons (no rape, mental illness, physical disability, or child/mother death included). I would beg, BEG the mother of my wed locked child to go through with the pregnancy and would raise the child entirely on my own if need be. I think homegirl can handle 9 months of pregnancy if I'm more than willing to handle the rest of the child's life.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Achilles92x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
gee, I don't know, wonder how long it would be before we started reading horror stories about women who had doctors warning about real health risks but being ignored and down played dying before they give birth....or being prosecuted if they happen to miscarry because of the conditions that had the doctors worried to begin with

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
gee, I don't know, wonder how long it would be before we started reading horror stories about women who had doctors warning about real health risks but being ignored and down played dying before they give birth....or being prosecuted if they happen to miscarry because of the conditions that had the doctors worried to begin with

Once again, it all comes down to what your morals are. Some women would give their life up for their child, me included. Some would rather live.

Well all gotta die one day.. it's just a matter of how clear your conscious is about certain things when you leave...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
personally I think that the two should discuss this if there are no health issues that interfere, since I have a strong belief that the father should have paternal rights also. but then, well, there is the specter in the world of that other scenerio playing out that I posted above with kind of makes me not want to make is a legal requirement for a women to carry a baby full term against her will..
it seems that all too many times, insanity reigns instead of common sense.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
would you really, even if you had a couple kids that were depending on you every day, that you were rather certain would be left in the hands of strangers if things went badly?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

We agree - totally. Alas, in some parts of the world, even contraception is seen as an evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join