It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage and business problem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Heterosexuals as a rule do not frequent Gay bars.

Been in a lot of Gay Bars, have you?

(LOL. Sorry, just joshin' ya.)

So let me see if I follow your logic. It is natural for humans discriminate against those they feel are not "of their kith, kin and kind." Well, yes, that's fairly easy to see.

It's also "natural" to do violence to others when we're angry, to kill when we're angry enough, to steal and destroy the property of "the Others."

You're arguing that we should leave all that higher-minded civilization nonsense behind and retreat to ... oh, I don't know. 100,000 BC or something?

(I'm pretty sure, even though there's little evidence, that we still had codes that prevented those behaviors in 100,000BC)
edit on 17Tue, 07 Jul 2015 17:44:41 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

For a start you're trying to make out that this is some kind of pandemic when it isn't.
Secondly, many states have laws requiring businesses not to discriminate against people when serving, which is the way things should be.

If you, as a business owner, want to start dictating who you will or will not serve based on your "beliefs", what's to stop a business putting a sign up saying "No Blacks", or "No Jews"? How about choosing who you will or won't serve based on gender, or religious beliefs, or hair color, the clothes you wear...

Would that be acceptable?

These "Christians" claim to be about their beliefs, but it's funny how the only "belief" they want to stick to is the one allowing them to be bigots toward a group of people.

I said it before, but if a Christian wants to claim they're following their Bible, they should be brought into court and told to pick out their holy book and then show how they adhere to everything in that book. If someone wants to claim that being a bigot is their faith, then they should be required to prove that they are not cherry picking what they do and do not follow supposedly according to their "rules".

I guarantee you that there is not a single Christian in America who's a bigot to gay people and also has hair down their behind, wears only sackcloth, doesn't work on a Sunday, doesn't touch seafood, doesn't touch pork products... I could go on.

These people are just ignorant bigots who use their "faith" as an excuse to be c***s to other people.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Heterosexuals as a rule do not frequent Gay bars.

Been in a lot of Gay Bars, have you?

(LOL. Sorry, just joshin' ya.)

So let me see if I follow your logic. It is natural for humans discriminate against those they feel are not "of their kith, kin and kind." Well, yes, that's fairly easy to see.

You're arguing that we should leave all that higher-minded nonsense behind and retreat to ... oh, I don't know. 100,000 BC or something?

I'm an over 50 white heterosexual male that's outlived all his eligibilities, and have even been thrown out of lesbian bars for wearing a penis...I know the score and all lifes complexities. its just better too seek stimuli elsewhere you're wanted than create more hatred by forcing yourself where you're not wanted...It could literally be considered as Kidnapping and Rape...Real PTSD stuff.

Our nation is far enough through all of this, with enough businesses and opportunities, you can just turn the channel and seek gratification Elsewhere
edit on 7-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Zander

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just like the Rich, Politicians, Jews, Hispanics, Blacks. Homosexuals Demand their Entitlements

Equal Treatment is an Entitlement?

You left out Disabled Veterans.

No i didn't. I just named the most predominant whyners

Your "argument" is one of the best I've seen for having laws for Equal Treatment.

Kinda pathetic that people have to be forced to treat other people equally. But, they do.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

For a start you're trying to make out that this is some kind of pandemic when it isn't.
Secondly, many states have laws requiring businesses not to discriminate against people when serving, which is the way things should be.

If you, as a business owner, want to start dictating who you will or will not serve based on your "beliefs", what's to stop a business putting a sign up saying "No Blacks", or "No Jews"? How about choosing who you will or won't serve based on gender, or religious beliefs, or hair color, the clothes you wear...

Would that be acceptable?

These "Christians" claim to be about their beliefs, but it's funny how the only "belief" they want to stick to is the one allowing them to be bigots toward a group of people.

I said it before, but if a Christian wants to claim they're following their Bible, they should be brought into court and told to pick out their holy book and then show how they adhere to everything in that book. If someone wants to claim that being a bigot is their faith, then they should be required to prove that they are not cherry picking what they do and do not follow supposedly according to their "rules".

I guarantee you that there is not a single Christian in America who's a bigot to gay people and also has hair down their behind, wears only sackcloth, doesn't work on a Sunday, doesn't touch seafood, doesn't touch pork products... I could go on.

These people are just ignorant bigots who use their "faith" as an excuse to be c***s to other people.

You're Singing to the Gay Choir. The Gooberment already have safeguards against that ever again happening, same with gay bashing and guns

edit on 7-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Barry

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Who has be whining the most lately?

Nice to see you back BTW, haven't talked in a minute

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm a white non-heterosexual male about to be 50 (49 and holding).

I've never applied for any eligibilities so I don't know if've outlived them or not.

You can get thrown out of Lesbian bars for just being a man or for holding your mouth the wrong way.

Pro Tip: Don't mess with the Lesbians.

You know the score, okay, that's good ... but you were just advocating for open discrimination up there.

I have to believe that although we are animals and evolutionary products of the bloody claw of natural selection, that we have managed, at least in potential, to create something better than that, something uniquely human ... ways to live in which the fewest people have to suffer.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

And they shouldn't because i'm already being forced to pay taxes to your agendanists

Just take your free money and leave me the hell alone...I'm not forcing myself on you and neither is anyone else

Life Sucks, Wear a Helmet

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If i ever got Married i would invite you of course since you probably paid for it

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

And they shouldn't because i'm already being forced to pay taxes to your agendanists

Just take your free money and leave me the hell alone...I'm not forcing myself on you and neither is anyone else

I'm near 70. I've paid taxes longer then you.

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I don't think churches can be sued for not performing a gay marriage. Not even now with the new laws can churches be compelled to provide this . That's against the constitution's freedom of religion clauses. The justice of the peace must but the Catholic priest cannot be made to do this.

I read an article written by a lawyer
for churches (sorry it was printed, no link)
The article said that if the church rents
their church for weddings, as many do.
My own daughter rented a church for a wedding.
That the church can be sued if it will not rent to a gay couple.
The article advised churches,
if they do not want a gay wedding in their church,
they needed to immediately stop renting
their church for weddings.
They also needed to put in the church's bylaws
that only active members of the
church could use the church for weddings,
and they could only use the church for themselves
and not for anyone else.
A step many churches are now taking.

So the lawyer's take on it was,
yes a church can be sued
for refusing to allow a gay marriage.
IF they allow non-members to rent
the church for weddings.

There are also lawyers who are saying
it is possible for a pastor to be sued if he/she
performs weddings for non-members
and recommend the pastor make and hold to
a legal statement
that is given to the church stating
that they will only perform
weddings for active members of their congregation only.

edit on 7Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:40:18 -0500pm70707pmk072 by grandmakdw because: grammar format

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The government Squandering our tax money for special interest groups, to create more laws and situations on folks that just want to be left the hell alone. We just want benign neglect and the right to say NO

edit on 7-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: of jessy

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Are you talking about this?

radio.foxnews.com...

www.pewresearch.org...

www.pennlive.com...

Although there have been lawsuits against wedding industry businesses that refuse to serve gay couples, attorneys promoting the bylaw changes say they don't know of any lawsuits against churches.

Critics say the changes are unnecessary, but some churches fear that it's only a matter of time before one of them is sued.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The government Squandering our tax money for special interest groups, to create more laws and situations on folks that just want to be left the hell alone. We just want benign neglect and the right to say NO

Got news for you. You are part of a society, not an island. Perhaps you should hitch a ride to Mars.

Imagine if the Religious Right Wing didn't keep pushing their agenda how much it would have saved.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No, I am not talking about that.

It was an article written specifically for churches
by a Christian organization on how to prevent
a church and a minister from being sued in the
future for not wanting to perform a gay wedding.

Again, for the millionth time
FYI
I am not personally opposed to gay marriage

That said, I do support the rights of churches
and ministers to not be forced against their
will to violate their religious beliefs.

My church is already moving in this direction
and will no longer rent the church out
and will only allow members in good standing
to have weddings in the church.
I do not blame any church for doing this to
prevent lawsuits in the future.
I do anticipate that LGBT activists will be
suing churches and ministers in the future
and would not be surprised if they do,
and honestly, I expect they will.

The church and the ministers are now
acting to prevent their congregations
and themselves from losing such lawsuits.

Once again, what one does in the privacy of their
bedroom or who they choose to marry, I don't care at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

No need to go on the defensive, no one accused you of anything here

I think many will agree you can't force a Church to marry someone.. and maybe the churches should just be inclusive to only their own members, why reach out to the community and show love and acceptance

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I am not against gays either, however if a business does not want to bake a gay wedding cake because of their beliefs, that is their right. Gay folks can find a bakery that will bake their wedding cakes, if not then I need to open a new business. As far as Gay's suing Christian business, it's just an excuse to scam these business to make money for themselves.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

No need to go on the defensive, no one accused you of anything here

I think many will agree you can't force a Church to marry someone.. and maybe the churches should just be inclusive to only their own members, why reach out to the community and show love and acceptance

What the churches are
is afraid
afraid of being sued
afraid of being dragged into being a pubic spectacle
afraid of death threats towards it members and toward the minister
and I think the fear is justified
based on what the people who have been sued by LGBT
have endured so far

My church
feeds the homeless,
my womens group makes quilts and sleeping mats for the homeless
we are a major supporter for a group home
....for mentally challenged adults whose parents have died
we pay for summer camp for foster children
we make bags for foster children
.....who the government gives only trash bags for their things
we support a women's job program
we support a prison release program
....to help prisoners get jobs and places to live
we fully support a person who makes
.....water purifiers for people in Costa Rica
we go to a veterans home weekly
.....to just visit and chat with residents
we help support a woman's group home
....for women getting off drugs and alcohol
we have a food bank
we help to support a job training program

So you are right, we are unloving and don't reach out to the community.

All this and the much much more we do for the community
would disappear with just one lawsuit
and I don't blame the church for wanting to protect
not only itself, but all the people who rely on the church.
There is too much at stake and too much to lose with
very little chance of winning if they don't protect
themselves from LGBT lawsuits.

edit on 8Tue, 07 Jul 2015 20:42:30 -0500pm70707pmk072 by grandmakdw because: format grammar

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I am not against gays either, however if a business does not want to bake a gay wedding cake because of their beliefs, that is their right. .

Where do you draw the line on that? Does a business have the right not to sell food or gas to people they think are gay? Or to people with bumperstickers they disagree with? Does a tow truck owner have the right to leave somebody stranded because of their beliefs? How about the owner of a for profit emergency care facility? Or a doctor in private practice? Could a dentist who advertises emergency treatment turn down someone because of their beliefs? How about a pharmacist being asked to fill an emergency prescription?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What the churches are
is afraid
afraid of being sued
afraid of being dragged into being a pubic spectacle
afraid of death threats towards it members and toward the minister
and I think the fear is justified
based on what the people who have been sued by LGBT
have endured so far

you essentially described most of the GLBTQ+ community