It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage and business problem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Gryphon66
I figured everyone has seen news reports or read about business being sued and fined monies for refusing to service gay couples. However, I did a Google search and found several pages. Here are but a few.
www.theblaze.com... r-attorney-reveals-whats-next/

www.reuters.com...

www.foxnews.com...

radio.foxnews.com...

... and the civil cases and damages? You know, as you suggest in your OP?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Frexmil2

Discrimination is disgusting, thinking you are above another person based on sexuality,Gender or Race is disgusting, hiding behind a Religion to promote your own Prejudice is disgusting

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

What about one's that say shirt and shoes required or gentleman must wear ties? They turn people away daily. Are they breaking the law?

Does that rule apply to everyone uniformly (so to speak)?

Then there's no discrimination: the shirtless and shoeless are not recognized classes and not too long ago, naked feet and/or an abundance of other skin was considered a health violation (so it's justifiable to public good/health.) As is personal hygiene.

They can also tell someone who's drunk or disorderly or disruptive to leave ... but that is a result of a person's ACTIONS not IDENTITY.

I hadn't thought about it though ... that does seem to be sex discrimination, to require only men have neckties. I'll see if I can find anything on that.

But in general, dress codes speak to behavior (what you're wearing) not who you are.
edit on 16Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:27:18 -050015p042015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I love it.

Such questions arise and everyone becomes a professor of linguistics and/or epistemology.

"What do we mean by discrimination? What do we mean by mean? What do we mean by what?"

If it weren't so ludicrous and saddening ... it'd be hilarious!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I've gone in places in Drag Before.. There is a place in Hollywood called the Magic Castle that requires formal wear, and i was in Drag and i got let in, because i was meeting the Women's dress code...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

That settles it then. Thanks. But let me ask this. In drag means clean shaven wearing makeup and a wig ? So chances are they just didn't know???

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Probably, or maybe they did and didn't care because i'm a person?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hypothetical a man who is obviously a man but chooses to dress as a woman and goes to a formal establishment that requires gentlemen to wear ties. Can they refuse him?

Depends on how it's worded. Some say Proper Attire, then detail what that proper attire is separately for man and for women.

As far as Transexuals, I believe most care very much about their appearance.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Good answer. I agree with that.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Also, unless I'm mistaken, Magic Castle is a private club, not a public venue.

They can basically do what they want, within the limits of the law.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Now you know the issue was an establishment that specifically says gentlemen must wear ties. Of course you're a person.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That is true

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Good answer. I agree with that.

I'd be the first to say, sometimes laws that make sense generally don't make sense specifically.

I do wish the law could be: "don't discriminate against anyone unfairly"

Sadly, we can't even manage behavior levels that we learned in kindergarten.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I never went to Kindergarten, matter of fact i never went to school, i wasn't allowed to leave the house, i was home schooled. and i completely believe in Homeschooling but it was done to me for the wrong reasons

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Just like the Rich, Politicians, Jews, Hispanics, Blacks. Homosexuals Demand their Entitlements too.

If a filthy Bum or Scroungy Biker walked into Walmart, Chances are they would be turned away never to be able to return

We as a world are discriminatory by our nature, and even more so here in the United States, because we have no room for tolerance or acceptance of what we consider Lesser to our Egos.

If you went into Beverly hills wearing Walmart brand clothing, the Store keepers would not wait on you.

if you went into the New York Jewelry district and didn't pull up in Limo with a driver, they wouldn't even let you in the door.

But we here in the good ole United States do have the right to not be Politically correct, and we do have the right to deny service to Anyone we find offensive or bad for business.

Heterosexuals as a rule do not frequent Gay bars.. Although in some instances will be turned away due to conflict of interest, Especially if you are a notorious Biker Gang. and same goes with many other gay establishments, Jewish Establishments, Black establishments and So on. The KKK will never be allowed to join the Black Panthers, and none of them are going to be trusted members of the Gay Coalition or Women's Rights Movement.

Discrimination Exists on every level and its never going away. Everybody is right and everybody's wrong, But everyone has a choice, and as i have said in other places. If you cant get your instant gratification to fill your egos and delusional entitlements someplace. Go elsewhere you're appreciated, or start your own business that caters to your Kind?...Savvy?

edit on 7-7-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Sally

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I never went to Kindergarten, matter of fact i never went to school, i wasn't allowed to leave the house, i was home schooled. and i completely believe in Homeschooling but it was done to me for the wrong reasons

Here's a blog for you: Homeschoolers Anonymous - How I Survived Homeschooling.

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Just like the Rich, Politicians, Jews, Hispanics, Blacks. Homosexuals Demand their Entitlements

Equal Treatment is an Entitlement?

You left out Disabled Veterans.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I fully believe in Homeschooling and Un-schooling

my parents did it because i was just not allowed to leave the house, my Siblings, or Cousins went to school though

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Annee

I fully believe in Homeschooling and Un-schooling

my parents did it because i was just not allowed to leave the house, my Siblings, or Cousins went to school though

I'm actually very much against it -- unless there is an issue (such as a very sensitive child). We are a society. Learning to be a part of it I consider essential. However, I don't mean letting school be a babysitter.

But, don't want to derail thread.

Back to gays and business.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SPECULUM
Just like the Rich, Politicians, Jews, Hispanics, Blacks. Homosexuals Demand their Entitlements

Equal Treatment is an Entitlement?

You left out Disabled Veterans.

No i didn't. I just named the most predominant whyners

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join