It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 700 Chinese companies have halted trading to "self preserve"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
25% of China's Companies Stop Trading

The turmoil in China's stock market is so bad that some companies are calling it quits.
Over 700 Chinese companies have halted trading to "self preserve," according to the state media. That means about a quarter of the companies listed on China's two big exchanges -- the Shanghai and Shenzhen -- are no longer trading.

According to Bespoke Investment Group, China's stock markets have now lost $3.25 trillion. To put that in perspective, that's more than the size of France's entire stock market and about 60% of Japan's market.

I know that most of us are keeping a close eye on Greece, but we also need to be aware of China.

The Chinese are doing what they can to stop their stock market from free fall, but nothing seems to help the situation.

edit on 7-7-2015 by BattleStarGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BattleStarGal

If by trading you mean selling, the Chinese government has made selling illegal so this isn't a voluntary act.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Looks like the Chinese markets are under attack.

i wonder who could be behind it?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you are in the US, I would be more worried about Puerto Rico. Seems all the Greece/China stock stuff is fluff for the US to cover up something going on in PR.....would not be surprised if there is a huge story about Greece or China and discover the US made a deal with PR in the background in some manner.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp Selling from pension funds has been made illegal. Not all selling of stock, there is were the 25% comes from.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe I wouldn't be surprised. Good point.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just think it's funny everything is cover for something else. Maybe there's only so much the dumbed down media can bother with, it's all going on at once, and each creates ripples that interfere with each other.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese Whoever does the covering up knows the MSM is easy to distract.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: greencmp Selling from pension funds has been made illegal. Not all selling of stock, there is were the 25% comes from.

Ah, my confusion, it didn't surprise me at all so I didn't question my own leap.

So, obviously that can't mean that 75% of the market is pension funds, what percentage of the market is still trading?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That sounds more plausible. Well think of it like this. the military grabs a slice, washington grabs another, big bizz grabs yet another, and then you still got some noms left for all the regular players to chow down.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Chinese companies have found a guaranteed way to prevent investors from selling their shares: suspend trading.

Almost 200 stocks halted trading after the close on Monday, bringing the total number of suspensions to 745, or 26 percent of listed firms on mainland exchanges, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Most of the halts are by companies listed in Shenzhen, which is dominated by smaller businesses.

The suspensions have locked up $1.4 trillion of shares, or 21 percent of China’s market capitalization, and are becoming increasingly popular as equity prices tumble. If not for the halts, a 28 percent plunge in the Shanghai Composite Index from its June 12 peak would probably be even deeper.

Chinese Trading Suspensions Freeze $1.4 Trillion of Shares Amid Rout

Hmmm

edit on Jul-07-2015 by xuenchen because: [ down the tubes ]

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

** hello Vasa, i know you are a vessel, but what is a CROE ?

** and whats happening in PuertoRico that we dont know about
[other than obummer opened the door to them all for cheap labour - same as mexico]

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Seriously? Wow...

Everything that happens in the world is now blamed on the US on ATS.

According to those same people the US is a nation full of dumb 'mericans...so what does that make the rest of the world?

The MSM generally just doesn't cover the stories that matter, not actually make up stories. How crazy paranoid are you? Or just a shill...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If you are a Chinese leader................The only way out of this is massive infrastructure spending again. Build something you have the man power......You have the money.......Your people let you do what you want. Build pyramids to the leadership in China or something. Make the Great wall taller......

edit on 7-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Looks like the Chinese markets are under attack.

i wonder who could be behind it?

Under attack.........The Chinese markets......The Chinese financial system is corrupted and sketchy as the days are long. This is the real reason.........

Think I nuts.....Look at the cities they built that no one lives in........They need to grow at a fast clip because it is built into the system.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Seriously? Wow...

Everything that happens in the world is now blamed on the US on ATS.

According to those same people the US is a nation full of dumb 'mericans...so what does that make the rest of the world?

Haha, I completely agree. Everytime something in the entire world happens, it's the United States fault. Then, when were not "supposedly" behind the next greatest conspiracy ever. We're just dumb Americans.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

The Chinese Government the other day went to considerable lengths to deny Goldman Sachs was shorting their markets,so I read that as yes your countries banker gangsters are definately in the mix.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The Chinese are really preparing for something big, when they stop selling. This may have a ripple effect through out the globe, a ripple that grows into a wave, and then a tsunami.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I long for the day that tapeworm in the guts of humanity Wall Street comes to grief buddy your bankers are so satanic they probably designed China to be the biggest pump and dump in freaking history way back in 1972 after all it was a Bush that set it all up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join