It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosby basically admits it....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

So basically, he just admitted to buying drugs for using to drug women he wanted to sleep with.

Not so shocking really, just shocking that he's finally copping to it. Sad story for someone so respected, but he certainly brought it on himself.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
More allegations of, by and for the media.

Convicted already, no need for a trial. Lets see a trial and testimony by these people who allege, lets get some forensics.

Did anybody get a rape test kit and is there evidence of Cosbys sperm anywhere or the drugs they allege he gave them? There are so many victims out there, why haven't any of these women come forward holding up lab results as their primary evidence and chargers been filed? After all they woke up groggy and being fondled, their body violated, and a potential lawsuit just hanging there to make millions??? If I was them, I would have run and gotten tested.

Now only now, do they gang up with lawyers to fleece another rich, black, american Icon.

They have talk, lawyers and greedy pockets for sure, just like in the Michael Jackson case.

Lastly, the lowest of low main stream "news" casters, Anderson Cooper… credibility, zero.

imo
edit on 7-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It's very sad. What's crazy is the amount of people that are defending him on the interwebs. Just read some comments last night and was amazed at the number of people blaming the women, and saying they were just stoned, or they knew what was happening, etc. He drugged and raped women- period. Too bad he can't go to jail- I think the statute of limitations prevents this.

VB

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I respect your opinion, but you may want to read the article in the OP. It's not exactly an editorial written by Anderson Cooper- lots of facts in there.

He admitted to acquiring drugs with the purpose of giving them to women to sleep with. Also, the article quotes several of the victims who have said they've been trying to tell their story for years, but that the media wouldn't listen.

Respectfully,

VB

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyagerboy

I respect your opinion, but you may want to read the article in the OP. It's not exactly an editorial written by Anderson Cooper- lots of facts in there.

He admitted to acquiring drugs with the purpose of giving them to women to sleep with. Also, the article quotes several of the victims who have said they've been trying to tell their story for years, but that the media wouldn't listen.

Respectfully,

VB

No problem, I read that "testimony". The question as answered has cosby getting drugs to have sex with women. That can be read two ways…

Lots of people get stoned and have sex, together.

How many consentual is another matter. With Cosby, still another.

Why the hell would such wealthy, popular icon have any trouble getting any women he wants? Sees to me they would be clamoring for the chance? If you think about that for a moment, too.

And, wheres the evidence… here say testimony is just that.

Because I also know this is going to be a hot race topic, I'm not going to have much else to say on the subject.

Race should also have nothing to do with it. But it does.

His lofty position is vulnerable because he's rich, a has-been and black. How many girls did Trump trump?

Not even on the radar.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I don't agree with with what Cosby Did. But in my ever present quest to give both sides of the story on ATS .

There are probably very few entertainers that did not give "soapers" to the girls in hopes of having sex during the 70s and 80s .

I use the term soapers because I was there, another term for Quaaludes in the 70s and 80s was disco biscuits. Everybody had him everybody did them that's why they were outlawed .

There was not a weekend I can remember back them that I did not run into somebody drooling and unable to talk from eating Quaaludes .

Rorer 714
edit on 7-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I think not having much else to say on this topic is for the best! I agree with you. No doubt there needs to be more evidence surface- I can't argue there.

VB

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Interesting perspective. I think what makes it worse with Cosby is the fact that he has this reputation as being a family-friendly, education-loving kind of guy who has done a lot of good for people. Hard to see him in this kind of light. But you're probably right. If it came out that Charlie Sheen was doing this, people wouldn't probably pay any attention.

As always ATS makes me think!

VB

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyagerboy

Interesting perspective. I think what makes it worse with Cosby is the fact that he has this reputation as being a family-friendly, education-loving kind of guy who has done a lot of good for people. Hard to see him in this kind of light. But you're probably right. If it came out that Charlie Sheen was doing this, people wouldn't probably pay any attention.

As always ATS makes me think!

VB

You said it very well. His position and the way people looked upon him make it more shocking. But I see no conclusive evidence in this report, there's probably not many people on this site that have not used some form of drug to win favor with the opposite sex . Whether buying them a drink, smoking something with them, or sharing something that goes up there nose. There are many forms of this abuse and for the most part it is accepted by both sexes during the party state of our adulthood .

Now something like roofie's is a completely different story. To me those are designed for one reason and that is to take advantage of the unsuspecting people . If it can be proven that Cosby slipped drugs to unsuspecting women I will join everyone in vilifying him because he deserves it. But under the present circumstances all I can say is most of us have been there at one point /

Basically I'll be the first to say it men are pretty disgusting when it comes to partying and sex . The vast majority of us are all " male sluts" .

To sum up my position the keyword is "unsuspecting "'ingestion of illicit compounds . If you ask for a Quaalude amd voluntarily take it. You were half of the blame and should not come back and assign blame to someone 30 or 40 years later because of your own choices in the past .

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: voyagerboy

You don't really need more evidence. There's enough out there. What he admitted to was from a deposition back in 2005. His lawyer was present, and for good reason.....to filter what Cosby says because Cosby doesn't really see what he did as being wrong. Perhaps that's because he's a product of the entertainment industry, he's an arrogant a##hole, or both.

He said point blank at one point..."I've been in this industry for 52 years and I've never seen anything like this". Meaning that he's never seen common folk stand up and be so vocal about people like him doing things that are against the law.

You buy drugs for the purpose of drugging other people, and the natural assumption is that you are going to do it. So why would someone of Cosby's status feel like he would have to do something like this? Because professional status does not automatically lead to personal confidence. You would have to be naive to think so. That, and after getting away with it a few times, you do it because you can. It's the easy way.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Honestly, I agree with you. I've just gone back and forth in typical ATS fashion based on some good points brought up here!

VB

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You don't really need more evidence. There's enough out there. What he admitted to was from a deposition back in 2005. His lawyer was present, and for good reason.....to filter what Cosby says because Cosby doesn't really see what he did as being wrong. Perhaps that's because he's a product of the entertainment industry, he's an arrogant a##hole, or both

That's pretty much it right there.

Old saying, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Back in the day, Cosby had power. Simple as that. If these gals spoke out, they could ruin their careers before they even started. When so many started coming forward, you pretty much knew there was something to this.

I don't doubt that such drug use was commonplace in the industry, at parties, etc. But that still doesn't absolve Mr. Cosby's actions.

At first, it had all the earmarks of a witch hunt, but as more and more came out, it became pretty apparent that he did these things. (in my opinion). Trial by media? Sure...this is. But, in this case, they happen to be right.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Duplicate thread. Started before this one. Sorry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Duplicate thread. Started before this one. Sorry.

It's closed.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They closed the first thread? That's not fair.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Upon further research this is actually the third thread. So much for the search function.
edit on 772015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So this one????

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I use the term soapers because I was there, another term for Quaaludes in the 70s and 80s was disco biscuits. Everybody had him everybody did them that's why they were outlawed .

There was not a weekend I can remember back them that I did not run into somebody drooling and unable to talk from eating Quaaludes .

We just called them 'ludes' for the lewd behavior that usually resulted. And your'e right. Prevalent were drugs and drink in the 70's, and 80's. Along with Reds, Barbiturates, and Blues, Dilaudid, any of which mixed with alcohol led to a 'blank' night.

I remember guys trying to take advantage of girls without drugs and alcohol, too. It was a different era, before STD was a dirty word on everyones lips, socially acceptable the whole goal of partying was to 'get laid'.

What cretins guys were in those circles. But to be frank, the girls ate it up, too. If they hung out at parties back then they were to some extent looking for acton, too.

If Holly wood with the rep it has of wanton abandon and the highest of circles of all leaks stories of this and that, then its probably true. They even got away with murder.

Like Robert Blake (Beretta), for instance. He probably killed his wife, there was even a smoking gun.

Squeaky clean in Hollywood? More, who's the lesser evil?

They may not have enough evidence to get a verdict with Bill Cosby, they may apply enough pressure to get a settlement, though. Michael Jackson was hounded in and out of court, settled and was acquitted. Wound up a lot poorer.

Watch what happens to Bill.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Posted earlier here

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join