It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dispersing Negativity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

LOL! I love Japanese shows like that.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Its actually hard to find comedy nowadays that isnt negative in some fashion or have some kind of suffering in it, that last one however is just funny and there is no suffering or negativity in it whatsoeva!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Starred your posts. I star all your posts towards me. And I genuinely hope your life improves. Take care!
a reply to: Trachel

Thank you. To me, another sign of hope.LOVE

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Make a vow to let it spread no further. Set an intention to suffocate it until it dies.

yes, lets make it worse by BOTTLING IT UP.

we have therapists for a reason, and that reason is not because holding it all inside is healthy for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Make a vow to let it spread no further. Set an intention to suffocate it until it dies.

yes, lets make it worse by BOTTLING IT UP.

we have therapists for a reason, and that reason is not because holding it all inside is healthy for you.

I respectfully disagree. When in your life has complaining about a situation ever helped anything?

All releasing anger does it place that negative burden upon the mind of someone else. For me, personally, I find that anytime I get angry I can go exercise or have a hot bath or meditate or relax in a dozen other ways and I can get over that mood without ruining the day of anyone else.

Of course, YMMV.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Starred your posts. I star all your posts towards me. And I genuinely hope your life improves. Take care!

Thank you. To me, another sign of hope.LOVE

Thanks for the thanks. Starred your post, too!

I star everyone who contributes to my threads. After all, why not? They went to the trouble of putting forth energy to engage--the least I can do is click the shiny button and offer them a little reason to smile.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: reldra

Its actually hard to find comedy nowadays that isnt negative in some fashion or have some kind of suffering in it...

Huge point, this.

Everyone should start watching television and movies with this concept in mind, because you'll soon recognize how badly the people in charge of the entertainment industry want seed our minds with negativity.

That's why I stopped watching television and going to the movies a long time ago. And I find myself much happier as a result.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree. When in your life has complaining about a situation ever helped anything?

TALKING about a situation with a friend has always helped me, even if i didnt know it at the time.

All releasing anger does it place that negative burden upon the mind of someone else.

do you have any REAL friends? because thats what they do. they share your burden for as long as its too heavy to bear on your own. because they know if the roles were reversed, you would be there doing the same for them.

but yes, different strokes for different folks. just remember that a REAL friend will insist on being there to help you feel better even if you feel like you are making their day worse. because making your day better makes theirs better too. or more accurately, knowing they walked away while you were in need would make them feel ten times worse than just sitting with you for a half hour talking about stuff thats bothering you.

edit on 7-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

TALKING about a situation with a friend has always helped me, even if i didnt know it at the time.

All releasing anger does it place that negative burden upon the mind of someone else.

do you have any REAL friends? because thats what they do. they share your burden for as long as its too heavy to bear on your own. because they know if the roles were reversed, you would be there doing the same for them.

but yes, different strokes for different folks. just remember that a REAL friend will insist on being there to help you feel better even if you feel like you are making their day worse. because making your day better makes theirs better too.

Yikes--do I have any real friends? Why yes, yes I do.

And out of respect for them I keep my problems to myself, and work always towards putting a smile on THEIR faces before indulging myself by weighing them down with even the slightest buzzkill.

But like I said, that's just my vantage. Tons of people enjoy hearing about and soaking up the drama of others--but for the most part my friends and I live clean semi-adventurous lives, and don't indulge or endure a lot of negativity in our worlds.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And out of respect for them I keep my problems to myself, and work always towards putting a smile on THEIR faces before indulging myself by weighing them down with even the slightest buzzkill.

i would say if they allow you to do that, they dont respect YOU.

i would also say you dont understand what friendship is. or maybe you just choose to favor your own methods. but i cant say that will work out any better for you in the long run.
edit on 7-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

i would say if they allow you to do that, they dont respect YOU.

i would also say you dont understand what friendship is. or maybe you just choose to favor your own methods. but i cant say that will work out any better for you in the long run.

I like your perspective a lot. Quite possibly it might be true to some extent.

Thanks for taking the time to share. And yes, I mean it.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I haven't meditated in a long time... Perhaps the dot will remind me to do that!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well, again this all sounds so nice, and appears to be true at first touch.

But until you take it too its furthest you will never see there is a factory spewing it out, it is not NATURE per say...but an actual agenda.

Letting Go, Not Allowing to Affect You, etc etc has been tried endlessly, always failing, and never changing anything.

Perhaps the opposite is the way to go , a deep righteous WILL to stop the factory, that no one wants to acknowledge is festering things completely.

You must go very deep to see and realize this is true, this is not a test, but all a trick to make you think you can WILL yourself out of it by just being positive.

Most that write like this, are some of the most rollercoaster emotion people I have seen, who can meditate to no end, and always fall for the delusion that they want too see, that we are the only flawed problem, with a choice in the outcome.

The only true choice to change all of this, is to find the ACTUAL SOURCE of the problem and completely destroy it.

Pretty sad that almost no one has the capabilities or even the curiousity to look that hard as I did, I have waited for others too see, but barely none do.

The simple easy solution, in the end, is NO solution AT ALL.

Get ready for it to become more front and center, the more people try to ignore it the STRONGER it is BECOMING.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

murder it incessantly. Slaughter

By murdering or slaughtering negativity you give it power to perpetuate. Accept it for what it is just energy and let it go. The reactive mind needs to feed. Am I feeding the reactive mind by being on a site like ATS? Even a quick calculation will reveal that most of ATS threads are based on repeating and reporting on negativity. What are we even doing here if we wish to inflict minimum damage to ourselves?

Is the demiurge really in control of this existence> Does it feed off pain and suffering?

en.wikipedia.org...
The demiurge

The demiurge or creator god is a lesser and inferior or false god. In most of the systems, this demiurge was seen as imperfect, in others even as evil. This creator god is commonly referred to as the demiourgós used in the Platonist tradition.[10] Different gnostic schools sometimes identified the demiurge as Ahriman, El, Saklas, Samael, Satan, Yaldabaoth, or Yahweh.
The gnostic demiurge bears resemblance to figures in Plato's Timaeus and Republic. In the former, the demiourgós is a central figure, a benevolent creator of the universe who works to make the universe as benevolent as the limitations of matter will allow; in the latter, the description of the leontomorphic "desire" in Socrates' model of the psyche bears a resemblance to descriptions of the demiurge as being in the shape of the lion; the relevant passage of The Republic was found within a major gnostic library discovered at Nag Hammadi,[11] wherein a text existed describing the demiurge as a "lion-faced serpent".[12] Elsewhere, this figure is called "Ialdabaoth",[12] "Samael" (Aramaic: sæmʻa-ʼel, "blind god") or "Saklas" (Syriac: sækla, "the foolish one"), who is sometimes ignorant of the superior god, and sometimes opposed to it; thus in the latter case he is correspondingly malevolent. The demiurge typically creates a group of co-actors named archons who preside over the material realm and, in some cases, present obstacles to the soul seeking ascent from it.[12]
The inferiority of the demiurge's creation may be compared to the technical inferiority of a work of art, painting, sculpture, etc.—to the thing the art represents. In other cases it takes on a more ascetic tendency to view material existence negatively, which then becomes more extreme when materiality, and the human body, is perceived as evil and constrictive, a deliberate prison for its inhabitants.
Savior figures[edit]

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Can you further explain what you've found out?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join