It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the aliens?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what you're talking about. It's like your comment to Hart about "taking infra-red down into the terahertz range." Infra-red already is in the terahertz range! I don't know what kind of papers you've been reading, but I'm suspecting they're written by pseudoscientists, considering your derision for peer review.
edit on 7/20/2015 by Kojiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Aliens are everywhere. We are alien. Also many people believes "everywhere in solar system colonized by aliens". Some people said "aliens took moons core, bcause of that moon is going away and not spinning". Also earths gravity was weaker in dinosaur times. That means Earth was spinning faster or it was lighter or moon was near and bigger. You have to understand; dinosaur bones are too fragile and there were 2 meters bugs, giant snakes, giant centipedes, massive sharks. So everything was bigger. Many people said "that dinosaurs cant even walk bcause of the mass (or high gravity)".

We think "Earth is perfect for life". But this is completely wrong. Life is not exist. What is life? If something is moving and interacting with other objects and have feelings or ideas and changing its self and surrondings; than it is something alive. Everything made of matter or atoms and energy or heat and light and electricity. Everything is same thing. Our Earth can be alive! Atoms can be alive! Atoms and laws of psyhics. Atoms pull eack other, we call this gravity; but they just want to meet with each other and they hate being lone. Positive pulls negative, thats like females pull males. Atoms can generate energy, truth is they are not generating it just holding and releasing it. Bcause atoms are energy, so they can release some of their mass as light or heat. What atoms are trying to do? Atoms made first virus. Atoms are also keeping us alive and helping to evolution.

There must be plasma beings living on stars and they must be too smart, fast and strong. But if they living on a star, they must be unable to leave the star; bcause when they leave the star, their body will explode bcause of low gravity and heat keeping them alive, they need heat.

So we are just nothing. We using our feelings, hands and brains. We cant have technology without hands or brain. We also not living at underwater, you cant cook food or melt metal under water bcause we boil our own self and die. So we are just lucky. And there must be really weird life forms in universe which one too much smarter than us and living on stars.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro

I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what you're talking about. It's like your comment to Hart about "taking infra-red down into the terahertz range." Infra-red already is in the terahertz range! [B]I don't know what kind of papers you've been reading,[/B] but I'm suspecting they're written by pseudoscientists, considering your derision for peer review.

Well...links have been posted...they are typical of what I read...prolly way over your head, but then so is electromagnetic radiation, as you have amply demonstrated.

You still haven't explained that difference I requested...having trouble?

And I'm surprised you don't know about the terahertz imaging systems...TSA loves them...

You, and Harte need to learn when to stop insisting that your misunderstanding is reality, and start listening to those who actually know something.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: yuno44907

There must be plasma beings living on stars and they must be too smart, fast and strong. But if they living on a star, they must be unable to leave the star; bcause when they leave the star, their body will explode bcause of low gravity and heat keeping them alive, they need heat.
oh, I think they can leave the star for short periods. I believe they use something called a "Merkaba" sp.

But do you think they come from the Solar Sun, or the central sun?? Or, both.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

I'm beginning to wonder if you even know what you're talking about. It's like your comment to Hart about "taking infra-red down into the terahertz range." Infra-red already is in the terahertz range! [B]I don't know what kind of papers you've been reading,[/B] but I'm suspecting they're written by pseudoscientists, considering your derision for peer review.

Well...links have been posted...they are typical of what I read...prolly way over your head, but then so is electromagnetic radiation, as you have amply demonstrated.

You still haven't explained that difference I requested...having trouble?

And I'm surprised you don't know about the terahertz imaging systems...TSA loves them...

You, and Harte need to learn when to stop insisting that your misunderstanding is reality, and start listening to those who actually know something.

Okay, having to really, really look around at just what the hell you were talking about, I found that you were referring to Terahertz radiation which is not Infra-red. It is a small, miniscule band from 0.3 to 3 terahertz between microwaves and infra-red.

And I've lost track of whatever bloody question about difference you were allegedly asking.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: taoistguy
And when science said nothing could live beyond a certain temperature, when they found creatures living by the thermal vents in the ocean they were proved wrong.

Can you quote "science" saying this?

Harte

No, but I can't be the only one who remembers the reporting of the discovery with the shock of scientists having to rewrite their books.

Anytime something previously unknown is discovered, books have to be updated, yes.

But scientists certainly don't claim that everything is known. If they did, it would contradict their own raison d'etre.

Harte
edit on 7/21/2015 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Provide a few links to these recent and free papers, will you?

arxiv.org...

arxiv.org...

bulldog2.redlands.edu...

Regarding peer review, I suppose we should have "no review?"

Yes...regarding peer review; you should try placing it in a logical and proper context. You might also try understanding just "what" a peer review actually is...as contrasted with the whitepaper. You could also learn how things are done in the scientific world.

As a Physics and Mathematics teacher, I feel that I have somewhat of a handle on this.

At least I'm not ignorant enough to argue that all EM radiation is essentially the same.

Your previous post extolling microwaves over lasers is an example of your own ignorance:

This is the primary reason that lasers, and light in general can't be used effectively in technological communications. Lower frequencies, like microwave on the other hand can penetrate most materials, thus a dust cloud won't disrupt anything. The best part is that the "radio" propagates exactly the same as the laser (they are both electromagnetic radiation).

It seems that you don't know that there are microwave lasers.

Also, it appears you don't know that the propagation of a laser beam differs wildly from that of a radio wave.
Are you under the delusion that a laser beam spreads out inversely proportional to the distance it travels?

I guess this paper wasn't in your arxiv: LINK
Check page 2. That's the page after page 1.

Harte

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

So you said pyramids are keeping plasma beings alive. Pyramids have a magnetic field and plasma needs too many electrons..

They must be living on surface. Bcause electrons only move on surface of the cable. So energy wants to stay outside of matter. Energy wants free space. That means surface of sun have high static electricity. If you go near to Sun a lightning bolt must hit you. Bcause Sun is plasma and its must be also generating electricity.

Also polar sides of Sun must be sending gamma ray. Bcause polars mostly release high amounts of energy.
Polars of blackholes, polars of Saturn; Saturn has a gamma ray hexagon at its polar, i will start a topic about that.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

As a Physics and Mathematics teacher, I feel that I have somewhat of a handle on this.

At least I'm not ignorant enough to argue that all EM radiation is essentially the same.

Wow...a physics teacher that doesn't know there can be only one "kind" of EM...kind of goes with being a math teacher that fails to grasp probability I guess.

Ya know, if you used simple logic that alone would tell you there is only one "kind" of EM. Or was the work of Maxwell, Tesla and others just fiction?

Your previous post extolling microwaves over lasers is an example of your own ignorance:

It seems that you don't know that there are microwave lasers.

Also, it appears you don't know that the propagation of a laser beam differs wildly from that of a radio wave.
Are you under the delusion that a laser beam spreads out inversely proportional to the distance it travels?

I distinctly remember mentioning Masers! You do know what Maser is, right? After all you are a physics teacher.

And as for your little notion about propagation...your are way off. I wasn't referring to how much the signal dispersed (spread out)...in EM that actually isn't a property of "propagation" except as a property of the "emitter". What I was referring to is more like what happens over distance to the amount of "power" contained in the signal...you know all that "inverse square" stuff.

As for what you are trying to force fit here; it can easily be controlled by the emitter; whether it be an antenna or a lens, and the properties of that antenna or lens.

I guess this paper wasn't in your arxiv: LINK
Check page 2. That's the page after page 1.

Harte

No, I wasn't, and am still not interested in that paper...it has little to do with the design, theory and operation of my Robot Telescope.

Although the statistical methods for removing / filtering atmospheric aberrations is...I actually ran into a paper covering this...unfortunately I didn't bookmark it. Was interesting though...using purely statistical methods most of the distortions due to atmosphere can be removed. I was questioning the cost effectiveness of using a system like that over differential photometry. The differential photometry system is rather simple, and would require relatively few computing resources, as contrasted to the more intense statistical methods of the other. My concern is whether I can make either system operate in real-time. Certainly the differential photometry system will perform better...especially IF I give it its own thread, and CPU...where as the other would still require more resources, and may be significantly more time consuming.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yuno44907

So you said pyramids are keeping plasma beings alive. Pyramids have a magnetic field and plasma needs too many electrons..
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

They must be living on surface. Bcause electrons only move on surface of the cable
I have heard that before.

Polars of blackholes, polars of Saturn; Saturn has a gamma ray hexagon at its polar, i will start a topic about that.
I dont know about that, I might ask tanka418 for his input.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Wow...a physics teacher that doesn't know there can be only one "kind" of EM...kind of goes with being a math teacher that fails to grasp probability I guess.

Don't burn your head off with that flashlight.

Harte

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Don't burn your head off with that flashlight.

Harte

Hey Harte...ya know you don't have to illustrate my point quite so well...

Instead, since your are such a great and knowledgeable teacher; show us all just how may different kinds of EM there are, and point out the differences.

Did you know there is a kind of "flashlight" that can blind you? Enough people have caused harm with that it is now illegal to "shine" one into the air, especially near airports...

And of course I'm talking about a laser...but, those devices are only a couple of watts...at higher power, they will "burn your head off"...but, that is prolly more than the device in Terminator...and less than a typical living room lamp. But, you know these things; right, teach?

Ya know, I've asked another contributor who believes as you do about EM for this, "different kind" of EM. You know, the kind that is different than what I'm talking about. But, I don't see any response forthcoming, I'm betting that you can't provide any response either.

And of course as evidence for my position I offer the collected works of Maxwell, Tesla, faraday, and others...I asking for what you got.

edit on 21-7-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
"Polars of blackholes, polars of Saturn; Saturn has a gamma ray hexagon at its polar, i will start a topic about that."

I dont know about that, I might ask tanka418 for his input.

Well, I'm not a planetary physicist, just an electrical engineer / computer scientist.

Actually the hexagon shape on Saturn is created by some interesting hydrodynamics going on the atmosphere, and not by anything that can produce Gamma Rays.

Saturn, in general, does not / can not contain enough energy to produce Gamma rays in any significant quantity, that's prolly a good thing..

You can Google Saturn's Hexagon and learn quite a lot about it, even from a layman's point of view. I found it rather interesting...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You don't know what a spectral band is, do you?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You don't know what a spectral band is, do you?

In as much as you have no idea how to answer my question to you; you need to quit now...you have sused by Maxwell & Co. ... you do know who Maxwell is, right? How about you Harte? Do you know who Maxwell is?

Oh yes..."spectral band"; a wholly arbitrary grouping and assignment of wavelength, based loosely on Terrestrial usage. I bet you think its some deep scientific thing...you're wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Oh yes..."spectral band"; a wholly arbitrary grouping and assignment of wavelength, based loosely on Terrestrial usage. I bet you think its some deep scientific thing...you're wrong.

And you have information from the aliens that indicate otherwise, I'm assuming? Is all of spectroscopy bunk then?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

And you have information from the aliens that indicate otherwise, I'm assuming? Is all of spectroscopy bunk then?

Please stop trying to shift the context (change the subject) and answer my question.

Explain the difference between Electromagnetic radiation, and Electromagnetic radiation. You are insisting that there is some magical differences between radio, microwave, light, etc. Show us those differences, and how those differences affect the math involved, as well as other aspects of EM. Explain why EM stops being EM at different wavelengths.

ETA: almost forgot; Who is Maxwell?

edit on 22-7-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

...show us all just how may different kinds of EM there are, and point out the differences.

Herr you go. If this is too hard to wrap your head around, I'll see if I can find a simpler explanation...
Physics For Kids: Types Of Electromagnetic Waves

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I've been telling you the answer all along. It's not my fault that you seem to suffer from some manner of reading disability or dismiss the science of spectroscopy. You seem confused. We are discussing different bands of electromagnetic radiation, unless you're going to argue that blue is red?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

...show us all just how may different kinds of EM there are, and point out the differences.

Herr you go. If this is too hard to wrap your head around, I'll see if I can find a simpler explanation...
Physics For Kids: Types Of Electromagnetic Waves

As usual you are not paying attention...And you have not answered the fundamental question. Which is "what is the difference between EM and EM"

The reality is that there is no difference between a 1hz EM field, and Gamma Rays; both are EM. Both obey the same laws, the same theory, the same practice...logically there is and can be, no difference. An EM field is simply and EM field. Your (and others) insistence upon any thing else is at best; enforced willful ignorance. If you were to ask a physicist he would tell you the same...though likely not so directly.

Remember; things like wavelength, power density are NOT what makes EM, EM. The presence of E and H fields are what characterize EM, and this is NOT dependent on frequency or power.

So...please know what you are talking about before you speak...and don't use that over simplified crap intended for small children...course I suppose that's all you can understand.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join