It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time stopped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I was drinking coffee with a friend when all of a sudden it felt like he froze in time and behind him a blurry light streak of how he was moving, it was a nanosecond but it felt like it was forever. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DiddiMcCoy

Not to ruin your story, but people sit still for a sec, all the time.

I do it myself.

How much coffee had you drank? 100 cups = time dilation.
edit on 7-7-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Just one, it wasnt still, like Star Trek going into warp. He moved but he was still, it's hard to explain.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Did he look glittery or sparkle?

Was it during the twilight hours?

Edward? Jacob?

On a more serious note, I have never experienced that before but do get serious déjà vu all of the time. Time can be a funny thing I suppose.
edit on 7/7/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Team Jacob

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The strangest and most powerful of all superheroes to me always seemed to be the Flash.
Not only that he consequently violates physical laws, he could outrun any other being, as it seems.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What you describe sounds awfully close to what viewing someone in the fifth dimension is theorized to be like. Essentially the way it's described is if time is the fourth dimension and you could perceive a fifth dimension then a person (or anything really) would appear as a long... strip I guess is a decent word... of instances from the past, into the present, then on into the future. This video is pretty great, and if the 10 dimension theory is correct could explain -alot- of paranormal strangeness.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The human perception of time-space phenomenon is a funny thing. We are so used to see THINGS moving into SPACE so when by chance we see the SPACE moving around THINGS we can feel nuts. In the reality the phenomenon is the same. Actually noting is really moving at all. Yet we humans are deep into the illusion that things are moving. Even not that only, but we put a label on HOW things are moving. Like if you ask anybody it will tell you that the cars are moving on the road, not that the road is moving beneath the cars. However the second is ALSO true. It is simultaneous as the WHOLE motion of movement is illusion. Why? Don't ask me, ask HIM! He created it.

For the protocol - I had experienced delusional movement, twice also. Its very cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It sounds like you experienced a holy moment. 
m.youtube.com...
There are substances that are known to increase the perception of time dilation in the experiencer. One of them that is unmentionable on this site occurs naturally in the human brain. Magnets and high electro magnetic fields can also produce these effects. The worst case scenario, tumors and chemical imbalances could also attribute to this. But, as long as it doesn't start happening more frequently, I think you're safe. Just take it as a holy moment, and realize that the world is fascinating and beautiful. 

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiddiMcCoy
I was drinking coffee with a friend when all of a sudden it felt like he froze in time and behind him a blurry light streak of how he was moving, it was a nanosecond but it felt like it was forever. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Try drinking another brand of coffee one preferably with a foreign sounding name.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013

originally posted by: DiddiMcCoy

Try drinking another brand of coffee one preferably with a foreign sounding name.

Found one!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SheepDipped
I'm curious what that natural substance is and why we can't talk about it? Dopamine?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: SheepDipped
I'm curious what that natural substance is and why we can't talk about it? Dopamine?

Dimethyltryptamine.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
hmmm time stopped.

Did you change the batteries in your clock????

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
The strangest and most powerful of all superheroes to me always seemed to be the Flash.
Not only that he consequently violates physical laws, he could outrun any other being, as it seems.

May I add that the Flash would be the most bored person in the universe?

Because he lives in a nano-second world. He wouldn't otherwise be able to react on obstacles on his near-lightspeed-races around town.

Therefore, if a nano-second is to him what a second is to us, he would have listened 32 years for you to complete whatever you started a second ago.......

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
In one of your posts a MOD said "As the OP Is no longer available to debate his position, thread closed." can you explane what he meant

top topics

join