It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Bombers Fly Near US on July 4th

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

As Americans were celebrating the Fourth of July holiday, four Russian long-range bomber aircraft flew close enough to the US shores that they were intercepted by military fighter jets. The first set of two bombers flew near Alaska and just 30 minutes later a separate set flew far off the west coast of California.

Russian Bombers Fly Near US on July 4th

I am surprised I have not yet seen this on ATS Breaking Alternative News. ATS seems pretty dead lately. Anyway, this event seems to have gone fairly unnoticed by the masses, even though it was reported on major media outlets. I guess everyone was too distracted by the flashing lights and sounds (fireworks) to watch the news.

I've read that Putin called Obama and wished him a happy 4th of July while all this was happening, but I can not confirm that yet. What do you guys this of this? Apparently F-22s and F-15s were scrambled to intercept, so we were not asleep at the wheel at least.

edit on 7-7-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Because it's just another routine flight. It's not a big deal. They did this almost daily for years.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

While intercepts of Russian aircraft off Alaska occur frequently, intercepts off California are less common.

Routine huh?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

It's common stuff in a Cold war.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Yes, routine. Less common doesn't mean never, or not routine. They don't go near California often because it pushes the aircraft to its limits, and with Russian maintenance problems, that's not something to do often.

You do understand these are training flights, right? That means that you push things, and expand your capabilities. That means you go farther on missions. Flying the same route over and over again doesn't do you any good past a certain point.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren said it is believed the Russian planes were on a training mission.

Davis said the Russian planes were entirely within their rights during the flight.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Why don't I be very straight forward as your local pro Russia ATS member

In other countries I would not have to be so direct but since this is mostly good ol USA I have to be direct and to the point.

it doesnt matter that you as a citizen dont know that US government is planing eventual war with Russia

Russia itself KNOWS that it is targeted for LONG TERM

Economic destruction
Military destruction
Cultural destruction
Religious destruction

Russia doesn't give a damn that you as a regular citizen are oblivious

Russia is giving signals to US government "bring it on bitc*es, we are ready for you and we are not afraid of your mighty military industrial complex"

I admire Russians for having the balls to say to the west,

You will not absorb us

We will not drink coke, eat McDonald, listen to lady gaga, and have sex with transwestites

EDIT: after further examination I realise some Russians already drink coke at McDonald, and have sex with transwestites, but it is a small segment of population
edit on 7-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Less common does not mean not common and not routine. If it happened 5 days a week off Alaska and 4 off Cali it's still less common .. while common and routine.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

While intercepts of Russian aircraft off Alaska occur frequently, intercepts off California are less common.

Routine huh?

It's the media. They sex the facts up and stretch the truth and take things out of context and just plain old sensationalize things, so people buy their papers, read their websites, and tune in to their nightly news.
If nobody read/listened/or viewed their crap, then they'd be out of business.

Take what the media has to say with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
daam thats a personal attack, doing it on 4th of july.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I don't have the energy .. I know they did..
But I get flightradar24 ..

And started to watch closely... wow sir.. they( Russian)
really know how to stir the pot... functional or not. They have way more planes to waste!

And they will do it.

( basing this off what I learned in the 70's 80's and to this day

edit on 7-7-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

PS... have you taken notice of Beale as of late?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling
We will not drink coke, eat McDonald,

www.businesstoday-eg.com...

This flagship store located in Moscow’s Pushkin Square, was the world’s largest McDonald’s boasting of 28 cash registers and seating capacity for around 700 customers. The first day of McDonald’s in Russia broke the record for inaugural sales in McDonald’s history serving more than 30,000 customers on the first day itself. The Pushkin Square McDonald’s is the world’s busiest McDonald’s restaurant serving more than 20,000 customers daily

So Russians cannot get enough McDonald's!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

( I so want to burst in laughter ) did anyone catch the line in the Tom Selleck movie Folk's?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I suspect, that these runs have nothing to do with Russian "threat" against the US. But rather is a dispute between the countries as to where "international borders" lie. If the Russians didn't do this, the US is sure to "move" it's "international boarders" a little further out.

There are similar flights being done all the time, against Russia ...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I wonder if they knew they had f22s tagging their butts , or was that the plan all along .

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You realise that the US also buzz Russia's borders too? If its OK for you to buzz their borders with stealth aircraft, its surely OK for them to buzz your borders, providing neither side crosses the border with hostile intent, its all just a game to them.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Because it's just another routine flight. It's not a big deal. They did this almost daily for years.

Yep, nothing to see here, move along. It's not a big deal. They did this daily for years....during the Cold War.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I remember reading that they would fly aircraft over actual territory few years back. Took few minutes to find wiki article on it - it is called Treaty on Open Skies.

Of course, those were just aerial surveillance planes, not bombers, but still something you could not imagine after WWII and in midst of cold war. (Even today we know we flew missions over Russia with U2 planes on regular bases)

Good thing we know they got stopped, at least they did not land on White House backyard as you might suspect with our recent defense failures.

edit on 7-7-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
MSM telling everyone to stay scared. Example soundbite: "We all know ISIS is the super serious threat to life in the USA but let's not forget about Russia, the long time enemy. They have airplanes."

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Right, but imagine how your response would look if MSM did not say anything about it. It would be 'another cover up' and you don't have to have big imagination to figure out what sort of conspiracy theories we would get here on ATS.

In short, no matter what they report/do, we will find a way to slam them...

In reality it is all just part of new era of information. Where before it took days for something to be known, now we know it before it hits news stand....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Zaphod set the record straight but I wanted to add that several times the Tu-95 tail gunners would wave cans of Coca-Cola or wave American flags to our interceptor pilots while we got some up close pics of Bears and a Backfire every now and then.

One of these days it`ll be another flight of Mig-29s or the Golden Eagles demo team coming to perform, once several Mig-29s came to a US base on the West coast and traded up with some F/A-18 pilots for their aircraft. So we had American pilots in Mig-29s and Russian pilots in F/A-18Cs turning and burning with each other. Ive been looking around the internet for the story but I cannot find it. This was over 10 years ago though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join