It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philae comet could be home to alien life, say scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The comet landed on by the spacecraft Philae could well be home to an abundance of alien microbial life, according to leading astronomers.

Features of the comet, named 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, such as its organic-rich black crust, are most likely explained by the presence of living organisms beneath an icy surface, the scientists have said.

Rosetta, the European spacecraft orbiting the comet, is also said to have picked up strange clusters of organic material that resemble viral particles.

Philae comet could be home to alien life, say scientists

Hey yall,

Came across this and felt it needed to be shared,

Getting closer and closer to disclosure of little green men me thinks.

Whats kinda funny is the lander isnt actually equipped with any instruments that can confirm or refute the speculated existence of these biological bits and pieces, apparently it was put up for debate when designing the lander and they basically all laughed it off the drawing board.

This sorta tells me that in order to design a practical comet lander it helps if your not a rocket scientist.

Also of note is use of the term "Viral particles" I wonder if this comet or one like it will carry the eventual and inevitable Zombie apocalypse virus????

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Already posted, and it's basically said by the same person who finds absolute proof of alien life everywhere they look. Your saying it would hold more weight.

Oh and their quote is that they UNEQUIVOCALLY (definition: in a way that is clear and unambiguous (basically without question)) found life ... in their opinion.

An opinion can't be unequivocal. This is the same as a HOAX.
edit on 7-7-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Please add to the existing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closing duplicate.

join