It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING! Beware America austerity is coming when a GOP president is elected

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

Your entitled to you opinion fine. I disagree.

I think they should try to make a deal with the struggling Greeks who have suffered under severe austerity

Kids starving shouldn’t have to starve because of the actions of a stupid government that may have been scammed

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think they would have had they not voted overwhelmingly NO.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
a reply to: beezzer

Beez,

You come out on the conservative side of every argument, to support corporations against the common man. I have been on this site for years and have watched it over and over again, guess the Koch brothers are writing you a check every month.

I wish!

And yes, I don't support, will never support "government solutions" be it from the left or the right.

Beez, the corps are going to take advantage every time, if you have ever worked for a large company you know that. The Repubs only want to protect the rich and F everyone else, I have mine now you get yours. I have a hard time believing how many hard working, mostly underpaid, people they have got believing this crap. You have some guy in West Virginia making 12 bucks an hour, and he is a repub? Someone please explain this insanity to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I was in the auto industry when they got gutted

I was in the IT industry (and still am) when we made big bucks in the 80’s and 90’s

A system engineer could easily make 120 grand and over a year.

Now there paying them 40 grand!

There sending those jobs overseas.

I use to work for HP and all of a sudden to call support for a client we had to call INDIA or the Philippines!

An Indian guy would come on the line with a thick accent and say “Hello this is George”

Don't get me wrong I'm gland for those countries but at the expense of Americans?

Carly Fiorina was the boss and she is running for president now and when she ran HPP is when I worked there and she sent thousands of jobs overseas

Hey I have been in MFG for years, I have seen wages tumble and then rise again. Especially after NAFTA. I know the pain all to well. I don't agree with Globalization, but at this stage in the game, it is where we are headed for better or worse. All we can do is hope that our politicians don't take us so far down the rabbit hole that we can't get ourselves out. As far as IT, the problem with those wages are that the 90's told everyone that is the industry to be in so there is a surplus of applicants world-wide and that is driving down the wages.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I think a great deal of that will depend on location and exactly which trades. In my area there were more jobs in the trades I am most closely associated with ten to thirty years ago. In the last ten years the number of jobs has been dropping but the jobs remaining are making at least as much as they were before. Raises aren't always as good as they used to be but we still get something. Chem-E is a very hot ticket in my area right now. Mech-E not so much. Same for EE. There is solid demand for certified welders and electricians too. Pipe fitters are making big bucks right now. Civ-E is getting hot now too, but mostly for bridge work. Still, I think it was better overall years ago but work is work and if you can get it you should take it. It wont be there for too much longer unless something really good happens soon.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Honestly what difference does it make?

Lol but seriously I have lost just about all hope in our government and the candidates running.

I'm getting a martini it's going to be a long election cycle.

Exactly. How many years do we have left on this cheesy planet? 40, 50?

Tune out and drop out.

Plant some flowers.
Watch the flowers grow.
Smell the flowers.
Pick, dry then smoke the flowers.

Give up one day when it's so beautiful that you can't stand it.
Give up and go back to where you came from. Let your soul be free from all of this cheesy low brow nonsense.

Die with a smile on your face and a reassuring feeling of a new adventure.
One without your tired body and 300 Chanels and taxes due.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

His past threads say otherwise.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You think we have until the next president? I love your optimism.

I hope you're right.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I agree with you entirely. The IT field is great, don't get me wrong, but I know a lot of tradesmen and they can write their own ticket right now and believe me, they are. If you are a skilled craftsmen and have some experience you can make good money right now. There are fewer jobs than there were several years ago before Obama saved the economy /sarc, but the jobs in those types of fields are paying very well right now. We are hiring kids straight out of college with a BS n Chem-E between $80-$90 per year.

Per your statements about the republicans being all for corporations and against the little guy, yeah they do like to protect their money. But despite everything they do that is bad, I still think they are a heck of a lot better than democrats. Given the choice, I wouldn't vote for either, and I do have that choice. But if it comes down to a race between a republican and a democrat unless one of them is a real winner, I would vote republican. I really hope there is a better choice though. We need something better and fast.

The republicans want no government interference at all, this has created a boatload of problems in the past concerning environmental issues. We both live on this big blue ball, I would just as soon, not be breathing asbestos. While not an expert, I have some insight into chemical, nuclear, and biological wastes, both in the military and as a civilian. Big Corporations do not give a rat's ass about anyone.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You're ignoring the largest corporation.

US Government Inc.

they have assets that they get by taxing you.
they make laws that only benefit themselves.

The left doesn't give a damn about you. they create laws and circumstances that keep you reliant on them.

The GOP?

I once had hopes for them, but they have disappointed me by going full-retard also.

Progressives on both sides of the aisle have tainted the whole political system.

It is a fetid, corrupt, swamp filled with the cowardly, the spineless and the utterly amoral scum of the earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I think a great deal of that will depend on location and exactly which trades. In my area there were more jobs in the trades I am most closely associated with ten to thirty years ago. In the last ten years the number of jobs has been dropping but the jobs remaining are making at least as much as they were before. Raises aren't always as good as they used to be but we still get something. Chem-E is a very hot ticket in my area right now. Mech-E not so much. Same for EE. There is solid demand for certified welders and electricians too. Pipe fitters are making big bucks right now. Civ-E is getting hot now too, but mostly for bridge work. Still, I think it was better overall years ago but work is work and if you can get it you should take it. It wont be there for too much longer unless something really good happens soon.

I understand what you are talking about, but I am talking people with skills, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, hvac techs, you are talking degree BS, I am talking actual skills, not the I can draw that stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You make a good point!

I'm not certain they wont do it now.

But it all seems that they are setting up everything for the 3rd Bush

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You're ignoring the largest corporation.

US Government Inc.

they have assets that they get by taxing you.
they make laws that only benefit themselves.

The left doesn't give a damn about you. they create laws and circumstances that keep you reliant on them.

The GOP?

I once had hopes for them, but they have disappointed me by going full-retard also.

Progressives on both sides of the aisle have tainted the whole political system.

It is a fetid, corrupt, swamp filled with the cowardly, the spineless and the utterly amoral scum of the earth.

I think we probably disagree on most issues, and I don't expect anyone to give a crap about me except family, and I look after them. Beez, we cannot have the top 1% of the food chain write the rules for the rest of us, and this is what the repubs support. Me and the Dems don't get along so well either, stuff needs to be rebuilt top to bottom.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ultimately I think it’s the morality of the people that ruins the system not the system.

Buddhists teach that no system is 100 percent perfect. But morality based on goodness and love can become as close to perfect as anything.

If we struggle to become better human beings and honest people then we can transcend any system, imo.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Beez,

You come out on the conservative side of every argument, to support corporations against the common man. I have been on this site for years and have watched it over and over again, guess the Koch brothers are writing you a check every month.

And yes, I don't support, will never support "government solutions" be it from the left or the right.

"Government solutions" HELLO, Oxymoron!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The 1% will always be writing the rules.

The only thing that'll change is the name on the door.

Now with that being said, if Hillary gets in, the current cancer that has infected the American system will fully metastacize and finally kill off the ideals that once made America great.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ultimately I think it’s the morality of the people that ruins the system not the system.

Buddhists teach that no system is 100 percent perfect. But morality based on goodness and love can become as close to perfect as anything.

If we struggle to become better human beings and honest people then we can transcend any system, imo.

Hell in the United States we cannot agree on Morals, each state has it own definition, and if you desire to be shocked, Google, Texas Morals

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Will, we could be the most moral country on the planet and it wouldn't make a damned bit of difference.

Because it's our leaders that are as amoral as a human can get.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The 1% will always be writing the rules.

The only thing that'll change is the name on the door.

Now with that being said, if Hillary gets in, the current cancer that has infected the American system will fully metastacize and finally kill off the ideals that once made America great.

I am not a Hillary fan, but the repub clown car can't beat her, am reading more on Bernie Sanders, and he talks some stuff that actually makes some sense. That being said, lived in FL under Jeb, and saw him make some good and bad choices.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Could you be a bit more clear about this austerity that is sweeping Europe and due to arrive here? Could you give some specific examples? I'm really not clear on it.
Will we finally get real numbers on inflation and unemployment?
Does it mean Social Security checks will be cut?
Will the Federal Reserve enter the barbering business and give "haircuts" to all IRA and 401k accounts?
Will retirees be forced to pay a larger portion of their Medicare premiums?
Will the president's vacations be limited?
Will Congress take pay and travel cuts?
Will we have to stop going to war at the drop of a pen or phone?

I honestly don't think it makes a bit of difference which party resides in the White House. I've not been able to tell the difference between the parties in decades now. They both seem to idolize people who are some weird cross between a skunk and a weasel. When caught stealing eggs they stamp their little feet and put out a really stinky fog.

A few concrete examples will go a long to helping people understand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join