It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My most recent "Experience" I cannot explain. (WithVidAndAudio)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:45 AM
If by a very long extremely long chance lets say it was some"thing" trying to make contact.
Could it be some type of Morse code? I'm in no way familiar with Morse Code but these taps don't sound very "randomized"
Maybe there's some one on here who can suss out if this connection is possible.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:10 AM
I think it is just you tapping. Lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:28 AM
a reply to: Splitsphere

lol, are you saying that after watching the video and listening to the audio? or? I would continue this post with more words that would back up that it wasn't me doing the tapping but that would just be a waste of time

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:19 PM
a reply to: proob4

I'm thinking the way the taps had a Rythm to them, it would not be from any varmints.. I have those here and their sounds are nothing like what was on the recordings... Just sayin... Syx...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
That does sound scary and first thing that popped to my mind was that scene from Salem's Lot

"Let me in!" (shudder !)

And I agree... whatever you do.. DON'T LET IT IN..

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:55 AM
a reply to: justneo

Lol I had a very similar experience...

After I graduated college I lived with my GF and I would sleep in then look for a job the whole day. Well a coupl of days I had this tapping right above my head, about 6 inches, on my metal headboard. I would stay still and still hear it etc while I was half asleep. One day I got pissed and said f it in my head and I yelled "stop tapping d@m it!"

Never heard it again.. Sorry it was no cooincidence.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:12 PM
Quite interesting, I watched the video.

Hard to tell but what type of window is it, double or triple glazed or a single pane?

If double or triple I think it could be due to some kind of thermal expansion. I used to manufacture them a long time ago, mostly double glazed units.

Some are filled with gases like argon and the units are sealed using various materials, rubber, putty, etc. The actual facings are usually wood, aluminium or PVC and larger panes tend to produce sounds when temperatures are changing rapidly or the inside temperature is significantly different to the outside temperature, etc.

There are so many variables to say what it can or can't possibly be. Mostly, what you'll get from larger, thicker glass (maybe 6mm and upwards) and especially toughened glass is loud, sharp craks and it's often down to the framework expanding or contracting. It can give you quite a fright if you're not used to it. Smaller units with wooden framing can emit small sounds, I spent a long time working with this stuff.

Some glass also has metallic coatings like planitherm or pilkingtons own K glass, there's a lot to it so it's hard to say.

Still, it could be something paranormal who am I to say, just offering some opinions as it's something I worked with a bit in the past so not hoping or trying to derail at all, interesting thread.

I'm really interested in the reply someone gave - saying it sounds similar to an experience a friend had in the past...something about not following anything if you see it. I'd really like to know more about that if that's possible, maybe start a thread it sounds quite intriguing..

Flagged anyway as it was an enjopyable read.

To add - I thought it might be worth adding that double and triple glazed units are seperated by a spacer - this is usually a rectangular, hollow tube with perforations which is used to speace or seperate the paned in the sealed unit. These spacers are filled usually with a thermal reactant like desiccant to stop moisture accumulating inside the unit itself, which will result in eventual breakdoan of the seal and seperation of the sheets. This too can react to temperatures and cause some sounds to be heard, sounds can range from small, creaking or cracking sounds with small units to loud, sharp and quite startling cracks for large, thicker units.
edit on 10-7-2015 by samerulesapply because: Additional

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:44 AM
a reply to: samerulesapply

Thanks for your input! Im out at the moment but as soon as I get home I'll ask what type of glass it is mum should know we did get this house built after all.

As I'm all for a relational explanation, I dont think it could be the weather causing the window to expand or contract. As in December the weather here is around 18-25 depending on the night and we don't have air con in that particular room. I smoke outside too and I don't recall the temperatures being any different from the outside then the inside give or take a few degress with all the electrics being on in the room. But still I'll check back in when I have details about the glass.

If it helps the window doesn't open top to bottom nor do both Windows open. Just the right side window that opens to the left.

Glad I'm not the only one who has had this random tapping would love to know some more stories if anyone would like to share.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:41 AM
Hey, no sweat.

Thing is, if it's caused by expansion or contraction then it'd probably happen more often and more likely during the day when the sun is out, you'd have probably noticed it before now.

It is pretty weird, i watched it a couple of times and cranked the volume up quite high and it is quite eerie.

I remember one night I was trying to sleep, really warm and uncomfortable when I heard a knock at my window which startled me rigid. My heart raced and i was sweating, could barely more.

I lived top flat in a communal building and my window was about 40 or 50 metres off the ground. I didn't look to see who or what it was but it was a very definite knock, more like if you rapped the glass with a knuckle than a nail. Freaky experience but I convinced myself it was my imagination and eventually fell asleep.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:17 AM
a reply to: samerulesapply

Spoke to mum about the window glass, it's just single pane. So the mystery continues then.
Since that night I haven't heard it or anything like it again, glad that's the case actually :p

Uh a random knock at a window that high up creepy! hopefully it was just a silly bird flying into the

edit on 11-7-2015 by justneo because: phone

new topics

<< 1   >>