It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My most recent "Experience" I cannot explain. (WithVidAndAudio)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What's up ATS!

On 12/12/2014 at around 11:40PM I was sitting at my computer playing hearthstone, I started to hear a tapping sound at my window not a soft tap it had volume to it. A tap like some one was using their nail to tap on the glass.

(One of my good friends has a thing about not having a mobile phone and at times he has popped round for a chat late night and didn't want to ring the door bell as it would wake my mum up)
So that was my first thought as to what it could be.

I open up the blinds nothing's there, the tapping is still there. couple seconds it would tap then stop for a couple of seconds and soforth. Being so baffled about this tapping without there being anything outside my window, I got my phone started recording with the flashlight on still can't see anything with the tapping still going on and off.

After a minute or two of recording I decided to just put on my phones Microphone on put it on the window ledge, sit back down at my computer and start playing hearthstone again. (You will hear this in the clip I have uploaded)

*LINKS*
Short Clip I cut from one of the Microphone recordings
Clip For ATS

Both original Microphone recordings
REC 1
REC 2

Video Link
DropBox
*While typing this I am uploading this video to another link just in case*
IF any other links do not work please let me know and i will fix ASAP.

Things to add, It wasn't windy that night, nor was it super hot or cold, just an average night for Melbourne, Australia. It also sounded as if the tapping was moving from one end of the window to the other.
Any more questions feel free to ask!

edit on 6-7-2015 by justneo because: Grammss

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: justneo

If you see something at some point do not follow it or give it attention, I have to confirm with a friend of mine but it sounds similar to an experience she had.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

can you elaborate ? Hmm

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I couldn't agree more, I didn't/don't try to communicate in anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So it's just tapping noises? Maybe it's mice or rats in your walls?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I'm all for a logical explanation but
We've had mice in the past, this sound was very different to that, it was how I described some one tapping the finger nail on the glass. You can always listen to the recording

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: justneo

I'm all for a logical explanation but
We've had mice in the past, this sound was very different to that, it was how I described some one tapping the finger nail on the glass. You can always listen to the recording
I did listen to both recordings, but on my system i have a subwoofer and even on the lowest bass setting tiny taps sound like bangs. Even still though After listening to these recordings my first thought was mice, rats or some other varmits. Considering you being in Australia and all you have quite a lot of strange marsupials and rodents there. Heck it could have been one of them huge spiders you guys have?
edit on 7/6/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Is it possible that it was your hot water pipes?
Some older houses have questionable plumbing. My father told me about one of his old houses that at night the pipes would make a weird noise all along the underside of the staircase from the basement. So nightly it always sounded like someone was walking up the stairs in the most creepy part of the house. Finally he decided to find out once and for all what it was so he sat in the basment one night and waited to here to stairs creek. As the sounds started he noticed the pipes where responsible for the noise.
Im not saying thats what is causing your tapping, but definitely an option to look into.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It sounds like exactly the same when in doin audioeffects =)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

haha, we do have possums around my area but they run along the wooden fence which is at least 6-7Ft away from the window never had one ever come up to the window though
Yeah these taps weren't deep sounding to the ear.

a reply to: Macenroe82

Although the hot water pipes do make noises when the hot waters on. It was just me and my mum, and she was sound asleep at the other end of the house.

a reply to: DiddiMcCoy
I'm not exactly sure what you're implying, are you saying this happens to you when you are doing audio work, or are you saying this sounds like a sample you have used in your audio work?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Have any tree frogs that might be jumping on the window to catch bugs on the window from the light? Here in Arkansas we have baby tree frogs that will do this and they can make a pretty good thump when they jump on the window. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Thanks for the input but there's not many if any frogs around here, only ever seen a couple small lizards around.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
we used to do this prank as a kid where we'd tape a penny to our friends window with a fishing string coming off it. We would put it at the top of the window behind the blinds so you couldn't see it from the inside. Then we'd go hide in a bush or something and pull the string to make the penny tap. We called it penny tapping.

I would check if there is a penny taped to your window

If there isn't, you either cursed, ghosts are out to get you, inter-dimensional beings are trying to convey a message to you, or aliens.

edit on 6-7-2015 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
edit on 6-7-2015 by Farlander because: somebody took my ideas

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I watched the video and seen nothing that could be making the noise, you sure there isn't a bug that keeps flying back and forth into the window? If not there could be something wrong with the glass, does it make random noises like that through out the day or just recently? If it's unexplainable then maybe it's possibly a residual ghost? The tapping got louder when you went towards the left closer to the computer idk that's weird though and if you see or hear anything different pay no attention it could get worse.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

ahah, I can't see a coin tapped to the window so I guess no ones playing a trick on me!
well if something is trying to convey a message the only way I'm getting it would be if they were physically in-front of me.

a reply to: ALB0InFeRn0

Yeah I'm sure it wasn't a bug, Other then the couple times it's been my friends knocking at my window this was the only time i've heard such a noise at the window, and considering my computers in that room I'm there a lot

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That's really weird, not sure exactly what it could be, possibly something wrong with the glass or a ghost.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ALB0InFeRn0

Sure is, that's why I ended up making a thread!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It sounds rhythmic in a way nature would do it. As in, not a person or a nonperson tapping. Of all the above, it sounds most like the penny strung from above. It is weird because it sounds like a baseboard heater or other type of heater kicking on.
How strange. Do the taps give u chills every time? They would me if I couldn't explain them? a reply to: justneo

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

I do agree, it does sound like the taps are in some sort of pattern but the pattern never stays the same if that makes much sense. That's what it sounds like most, tapping on the window with a coin or something metal.
Plus I do also agree that it does sound like one of those heaters warming up.
Strange indeed, the first minute it was happening it gave me some chills but considering it went on for atleast 10-15 minutes I was more confused then anything.
edit on 8-7-2015 by justneo because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join