It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm going to present an idea here so lets see what you think.

A new power is forming in Greece. Ok, let me try to explain this right.

If the banks end up closing in Greece which at this point looks like May actually happen and they continue to go down the same path will Greece be the breaking point at which a new power emerges?

Point of reference. Pre world war 2 Germany create the conditions for a rise in power of Hitler.

Who will rise to power in Greece and what are the possible implications?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This is the Greeks chance to build their own country and not be owned by capitalist banker criminals, good luck to them for being brave enough to take the step

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

This is the Greeks chance to build their own country and not be owned by capitalist banker criminals, good luck to them for being brave enough to take the step

How likely is it that they are taken over by a spirit of rebellion and become the launching pad for a new power

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think they will go the way of the rest of that part of the world. They'll earn their money from tourism and nostalgia. Maybe they'll get lucky and discover they are sitting on an important natural resource that productive and vital nations need sometime in a distant future...otherwise

Its over.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Point of reference. Pre world war 2 Germany create the conditions for a rise in power of Hitler.

Actually Financial ruin did the same thing for Mussolini and Lenin. It opened the door for nationalism, fascism and communism .

Wonderful . (Sigh)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

i think you are spot on. Same kind of debt, Jews gets the blame.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

How likely is it that they are taken over by a spirit of rebellion and become the launching pad for a new power

I think you watch too many disaster shows, a new power isn't a bad thing and rebellion is only that to those who disagree.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Actually Financial ruin did the same thing for Mussolini and Lenin. It opened the door for nationalism, fascism and communism .

Wonderful . (Sigh)

Exactly.

Maybe we should keep an eye on Greece. Especially with their close proximity to the ME and Turkey. Unlikely allies

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I believe the problem with that is their ability to be self reliant and not dependent on foreign Imports.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Excellent question. Greece may turn out to be the new blueprint for how things get done. We'll have to wait and see....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Apparently Greece has the largest merchant marine fleet in the world, busily moving all the goods around for the 'productive' countries.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well it's possible but the situation now in Greece and the situation in the Weimarer Republik (or generally after WWI) are different. I agree that this situation could lead to more extremism (right/left/religious) and nationalism in Greece but Greece has many allies and friends and is still welcome in the international community, things the Weimarer Republik was lacking after WWI. We'll see what happens...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I personally don't see a Greek power rising up to be anything particularly worrying.

Far more likely, I think, a "Greek miracle" in the form of Russian currency, followed by a Russian staging post on the med. So, I think Greece will be pivotal and agree it will be easily "radicalised" for want of a less extreme phrasing, but I can't see it being anything homegrown that makes a big difference.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
People are forever screaming about the 'power' of big business,

and to support your local 'small business' and communities.

So why don't we ALL just support the small sovereign nations

in their endeavours to simply exist? Instead of supporting the

power hungry, bloated EU.

There is no sense in lending money to anyone when it is obvious

they are in debt and have no way or hope of paying it back ....

Reminds me that is how 'gangsters' behave!... owing = control

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
If the banks end up closing in Greece which at this point looks like May actually happen and they continue to go down the same path will Greece be the breaking point at which a new power emerges?

One quote was mentioned some time ago where there are 2 families; the Rothschild's (western countries) and the Rockefeller's (Russia).

They are both in bed with each other and now the Rockefeller's are 'on top' of the Rothschild's as their reign is diminishing. This is why Europe is quietly dumping USA and will create the fictional 'Eurasia' in the book 1984.
It will not be long before the 'Silk Road' is fully developed from Europe to China.

Russia will now gladly help Greece with money, as long as Greece allows Russia to construct naval ports on Greece's coastline (warm water ports) and Greece will be payed by Europe for allowing the gas pipeline from Russia-Turkey-Greece-Europe. The Rothschild's screwed up the existing gas pipeline with the disaster in the Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

join