It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Sharia law is not YET accepted in the US, but neither was GAY anything 15 years ago.

Enjoy your evening!

link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: alphastrike101

Well, you admit that we are born this way, so that's a start...

but why do you think that it's "Wrong"? like in the sense being born GLBTQ+ is wrong and we are 'Second Class Sub-Humans" or that it's wrong as in we were not supposed to be born this way, but we are, so we are still people?

It is as wrong a cleft pallet.
As far as beilg second classic you said that, not me.
I think it is wrong that medical trends today are treatment to deal with dysfunctions rather than cure them.

Ideologues on both sides illogically reject the facts that homosexuality is more like a birth defects than a life choice or temptations of the devil.

The good news is that "dex" for example can and is being tested to regulate gestational chemicals to prevent birth defects from cleft pallet to homosexuality.

In the near future homosexuality maybe be a choice but only that of the parent of if they want normal levels of parental androgens or risk birth defects.

link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101
a reply to: markosity1973

You misunderstand my post. Chemicals errors in the womb in gestation can lead to errors in biological traits. Perental androgens can be adjusted to prevent sich defects from occuring.

Like how I pointed out that "dex" is being tested to prevent CAH.

You say error, I say biodiversity.

I understand everything you said. Thing is my life does not feel like an 'error'

In fact I'd describe it as a joyous chaos that has challenged me and made me grow far beyond what I ever thought I was capable of.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

i mean Discrimination is Love now days right?

At this time I'd like to call everyone's attention to what the guy was saying in the first part of the video--that the same-sex marriage issue has been framed in civil rights language to deliberately distort the debate and present marriage as something it isn't.

I couldn't agree more.

Wait what? I thought marriage was a ritual signifying a bond of partnership. The only other thing it could mean is that it's a mutual breedership. And if it is, then honestly... f#%$ marriage.
edit on 6-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: markosity1973

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

Then you of all people would understand that the term aparthied means that you keep one group of people to the side while you enjoy all the advantages life has to offer.

By dividing us off and giving us a new word, you are keeping marriage for yourself and trying to make us less than you. Equality means equal means the same access to the same word and the same rights. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is no confusion over the new meaning. My straight brothers are married, they always were and always will be.

How can that be, I said all the same rights and benefits as a married couple. What right or benefit are you missing? The right to usurp a word, married people don't have that right.

Cheers - Dave

You are assuming that you OWN the word.

You don't. Just like the whites didn't own South Africa.

Simple.

Look, the homosexual crowd has already stolen gay, queer and Queen, they had different meanings before. How greedy, selfish and self- centered are you lot actually?

Cheers - Dave
They stole them, really? You wanted those descriptions for yourself? Ok, Bob's Uncle, you are Gay, Queer and a Queen. Feel better?

They are words in the English language that had different meanings prior to them being absconded. On your giving the words, I don't have enough emotion in me to be gay. I am not odd enough to be queer and apparently not the correct gender to be a queen.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/6.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

Then you of all people would understand that the term aparthied means that you keep one group of people to the side while you enjoy all the advantages life has to offer.

By dividing us off and giving us a new word, you are keeping marriage for yourself and trying to make us less than you. Equality means equal means the same access to the same word and the same rights. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is no confusion over the new meaning. My straight brothers are married, they always were and always will be.

How can that be, I said all the same rights and benefits as a married couple. What right or benefit are you missing? The right to usurp a word, married people don't have that right.

Cheers - Dave

Simple.

Look, the homosexual crowd has already stolen gay, queer and Queen, they had different meanings before. How greedy, selfish and self- centered are you lot actually?

Cheers - Dave
They stole them, really? You wanted those descriptions for yourself? Ok, Bob's Uncle, you are Gay, Queer and a Queen. Feel better?

They are words in the English language that had different meanings prior to them being absconded. On your giving the words, I don't have enough emotion in me to be gay. I am not odd enough Tobie queer and apparently not the correct gender to be a queen.

Cheers - Dave

And again you deride with your understanding of those words.

You are not gay because you are straight (don't hear you bemoaning the perversion of that word, do we ?)

You are not a queen because you are not a transvestite and you're not queer because once again you are not attracted to men.
edit on 6-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Problem with that is why then should were try to cure anything when were can just call cancer, autism, or transgendered bio diversity.

Bruce jenner for example. It is very likely he could have saved himself the pain of dealing for years as someone who he truely was not. Had his bodys dis functional cross purpose with his brain been corrected pre birth thank after years of dealing with his defects.

In the end it will be up to the parents to decide how to regulated their parental androgens and what birth defects risks they can live with.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sexuality is not a disease.

Cancer is.

Simple.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Simple.

Cheers - Dave

They are words in the English language that had different meanings prior to them being absconded. On your giving the words, I don't have enough emotion in me to be gay. I am not odd enough Tobie queer and apparently not the correct gender to be a queen.

Cheers - Dave

And again you deride with your understanding of those words.

You are not gay because you are straight (don't hear you bemoaning the perversion of that word, do we ?)

You are not a queen because you are not a transvestite and you're not queer because once again you are not attracted to men.

I am using the original English definitions. I know I am not homosexual lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Well actually.....

Gay used to mean

dated

light-hearted and carefree.

"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"

synonyms:cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, light-hearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy,bright, in good spirits, in high spirits,joyful, elated, exuberant, animated,lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant,bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent,playful, frolicsome;  More

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I generally stay away from this topic because the side that claims to have an open mind really doesn't, but I will put this out there and I am sure I will be grilled. Let me preface by saying that I personally do not care what another person does and I really don't care if people want to have same sex relationships, but I do have an opinion on the matter.

Now, as far as same-sex marriage goes, that should be strictly a state's right. The SC should have never used the 14th amendment to trample the 10th. Marriage is not a right, its a privilege. Their ruling basically made gay marriage a right, while traditional marriage doesn't even have that leeway within the law. To me, if the states wanted to pass laws individually then I would be far more behind same-sex marriage on a law basis, but not a moral basis.

My personal belief is that it is unnatural for reproduction purposes and goes against the natural progression of the human race, does that mean I am right, I don't know. What I do know is that the advances in gay marriage are going to be used to discriminate those who hold religious views and to silence those who have any kind of dissenting opinion, which we have already seen. Holding a belief that doesn't tote the line of the same-sex marriage crowd and you will become a homophobic/bigot and it will be used similarly to how racist is used for everything you say about minorities. I know plenty of gay people and I have had many discussions with them, they know I don't agree with their lifestyle. The funny thing is, they are far more tolerant than those who try and champion these issues as if these laws are about them. You would also be amazed at the number of Conservative, Objective (Ayn Rand) homosexuals out there, it's far more than the media will ever let you know.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents, but before I get called a bigot/intolerant/(insert name here) - Let me inform you all in on a secret. I watched my gay Uncle and his partner pass away from AIDS in the very room I am in now. He was gay as a rainbow, but he was also the greatest guy in the world, so next time you decide to call someone homophobic/bigot or whatever, realize that they may have far more experience on the issue than yourself and that it's not someone being bigoted, but just someone who holds a different viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Well actually.....

Gay used to mean

dated

light-hearted and carefree.

"Nan had a gay disposition and a very pretty face"

synonyms:cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, light-hearted, mirthful, jovial, glad, happy,bright, in good spirits, in high spirits,joyful, elated, exuberant, animated,lively, sprightly, vivacious, buoyant,bouncy, bubbly, perky, effervescent,playful, frolicsome;  More

Yes, I know. I am normally quite serious, remember south Africa...

Communication is very important. Understanding one another relies on a common set of meanings and definitions assigned to words, giving us the means by which to transfer ideas, requests and other things.

I do realize that English has a number of words that both sound and/or are spelt the same, but that doesn't mean we have to make it more confusing. We are seemingly already heading towards an Idiocracy, let's try to avert this potential situation rather than accelerate towards it with gay abandon.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/6.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

And English is a living language. I think we've both demonstrated how definitions of words change. The only language that I know who's definitions remain constant is Latin and that is because it is a 'dead' language I.e. not in everyday use by everyday people.

There is absolutely nothing to fear from expanding the use of the word marriage to include adult humans of the same gender.

The fact that religion opposes it is well noted and not expected to change, but a marriage contract is ratified by State, not church. People can religious marry the way the have have always done. That part isn't changing.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AbstractDreamz

they didn't play one amendment over another, they ruled that the 14th amendment said that we should all be treated equally, and if you are going to allow Heterosexuals to get Married you have to allow Same-Sex Marriage also

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It is not wrong, it is a Mutation maybe, or a diversion in Genes whatever you want to call it, but it's not "Wrong"..

you want to play ""God"" and start altering cells and creating the Baby you want?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

they didn't play one amendment over another, they ruled that the 14th amendment said that we should all be treated equally, and if you are going to allow Heterosexuals to get Married you have to allow Same-Sex Marriage also

Same-sex marriage has more credence within the law now than contemporary marriage does. The 14th amendment makes the issue a human-rights issue. Marriage isn't a right, it is a privilege and states should be allowed to have their own opinion on the matter. Hence the 14th trampling on the 10th. No one in their right mind believes marriage is a right, we aren't given a right to be married, it is something we choose to do or not to do under privilege from the states to gain certain benefits. Tammy down the block who can't find a man because she is a raging psycho doesn't have the right to be married, but she has that privilege if she can find a man to deal with her BS.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: TechUnique

Bait? you think the video isn't enough bait?.
Oh and to be honest it doesn't matter one bit what you think because in the UK it is legal and no amount of bleating and making videos like this is going to change the law and the view of most people in the UK.
Deal with it.

If my view didn't matter one bit then there would be no discussion stemming from it. Furthermore I know that obviously I won't be able to impact any laws but that is besides the point.

As you said no matter how many videos I make it won't change the view of most people. That doesn't in any way suggest to me that I shouldn't make videos.

Deal with it.

Uhh, that's kind of what the video is about.

You are free to make all the proselytizing propaganda religious videos you want however you are breaking TOA of ATS by proselytizing your religious beliefs(the end of your video) in their forums .That is the type of intellectually dishonesty many Christians excel at.You knew good and well what your intent was yet you willfully chose to break and attempt to circumvent the TOA of ATS because your sense of entitlement(Christians are righteous) and contentiousness.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Sexuality is not a disease.

Cancer is.

Simple.

You misunderstand my post. Cancer is when a cell erroneously replicates calls that are a dis-functional. A homosexual, transgendered, ect has a body and mind that are at dis-functional cross purposes caused by erroneous parental androgens.
Bruce jenner did infact suffer for years due to his defects that he only corrected late in his life.
edit on 6-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Ok, but under the constitution we are all created equal right, so we are afforded the same Privileges if we want them, to go against that would go against the constitution right?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What i want to know is where is the person that started this topic? at least defend your views, i mean i would have much more respect for people if they at least defend their views, bigoted or not bigoted have some dignity...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join