It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I might like A for Ally, But I haven;t thought it out.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

How do they though?

Heterosexual Marriage = 2 consenting adults

Same-Sex Marriage = 2 Consenting Adults

Human-Animal Marriage = 1 Consenting Adult 1 Animal

Adult-Child Marriage = 1 Consenting Adult 1 Child

So where is your logic that one leads to another?

edit on 6-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: markosity1973

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

Then you of all people would understand that the term aparthied means that you keep one group of people to the side while you enjoy all the advantages life has to offer.

By dividing us off and giving us a new word, you are keeping marriage for yourself and trying to make us less than you. Equality means equal means the same access to the same word and the same rights. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is no confusion over the new meaning. My straight brothers are married, they always were and always will be.

How can that be, I said all the same rights and benefits as a married couple. What right or benefit are you missing? The right to usurp a word, married people don't have that right.

Cheers - Dave

You are assuming that you OWN the word.

You don't. Just like the whites didn't own South Africa.

Simple.

Look, the homosexual crowd has already stolen gay, queer and Queen, they had different meanings before. How greedy, selfish and self- centered are you lot actually?

Cheers - Dave

Pfft, every single one of those 'stolen' words were derogatory terms used to name us. We took ownership of them so we could turn it around.

I noticed you omitted words like queer, faggot, pooh pusher etc.
edit on 6-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah, i mean i can understand why an Ally would want it to show support.. it just seems like out of place when referencing the GLBTQ+ community, but then again an Ally can be part of that community as an ally..

it gets confusing, it's not like i have a problem with it though

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime I wish I could star that 100x. She has no argument of note. Her argument has been disproven over and over. It is best to ignore that train of thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime It sort of is, it takes away from people really fighting, I think. I still haven't thought it out all the way. I still like A for ally lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
I don't even understand why it bothers you. Like, how the # does it personally affect your life? It's a non-issue to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra It's been about 10 years, but I kissed a girl and I sorta liked it. I must be evil or against nature or mentally deranged or any number of other things, right?

edit on 6-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I know, yet so many people bring it up like it has merit.. like they can use it to discredit Same-Sex marriage as a pathway and equal to the perversion of Bestiality or Pedophilia

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why is the hot topic of nearly every news story revolving around the sexual habits of others. The topic of GLB community speaks directly to sex. WHY is this so important?

I don't really care about who is sleeping with who as long as it does not adversely effect me. Considering the nature of homosexuality is sex, I don't see it's any of my business and doesn't cause me any lost sleep.

Having said this, I do agree that the legalization of gay marriage has been fast forwarded because of political agendas. It moved so fast nearly gave me whiplash. If only we could push homelessness an end to hunger in this country as fast as we did gays rights to marry...

Gays should be able to be miserable legally as heteros.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I agree, if you like it, use it

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19539077]Ultralight[/p It doesn't speak directly to sex, it has spoken directly to marriage.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You can't go there because you cannot say that marrying 9 yr Olds and men having sex with animals hasn't been happening for hundreds of years. Shame on YOU!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It's not just about Sex, though many people seem to be obsessed about the Sex lives of GLBTQ+ people. it's about Love and everything that a Heterosexual is

Same-Sex Marriage should have been Legal from the beginning, so i think we agree in that it should have been done way before, and way faster. i also agree about the Homeless, i was homeless about 3 years ago.. from 18-20 so i know it's an important issue

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Consenting parents have sold their 9 year Olds into sexualized slavery for hundreds of years in areas where they are valued less than camels....which likely have also been sold as sex slaves.

That's my validation. History.

Now, your turn.

link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You misunderstand my post. Chemicals errors in the womb in gestation can lead to errors in biological traits. Perental androgens can be adjusted to prevent sich defects from occuring.

Like how I pointed out that "dex" is being tested to prevent CAH.

link   
None are legal in the US and will never be. You are using a faulty argument. With that said...I am off to Wartune. I hope the bigots stay calm and simply stop with this direction of debate.

edit on 6-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I disagree. Marriage could be polygamy. One can marry oneself in some states.

GAY speaks to sexual orientation of 2 people, hence GAY marriage. It is the GAY part, the sex part, that is the foundation of the GAY marriage acceptance.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No, it's Two Men or Two Women who want the right to get Married

is Sex the foundation for Heterosexual Marriage?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Wait, what does that have to do with Same-Sex Marriage, much less it turning into legalized Bestiality or Pedophilia?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join