It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
I replied to what I saw. I apologize if this thread doesn't put me in a light hearted mood.

edit on 6-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)
Straight as a ruler, but this kind of crap thread makes me as grumpy as my avatar looks.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

And some people still find it a Slur here, not everyone uses it..

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The same reason for EVERY post on ATS.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why not, don't you find the damnation of GLBTQ+ people lighthearted and Fun.. i mean it comes from a place of love

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_PrimeLOL. And I think, recently, Q meant 'Questioning'. Regardless, this kind of nonsense makes me angry.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

Then you of all people would understand that the term aparthied means that you keep one group of people to the side while you enjoy all the advantages life has to offer.

By dividing us off and giving us a new word, you are keeping marriage for yourself and trying to make us less than you. Equality means equal means the same access to the same word and the same rights. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is no confusion over the new meaning. My straight brothers are married, they always were and always will be.

How can that be, I said all the same rights and benefits as a married couple. What right or benefit are you missing? The right to usurp a word, married people don't have that right.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Straight as a ruler, but this kind of crap thread makes me as grumpy as my avatar looks.

It makes us gays grumpy too. I'm glad you are straight and love the opposite sex, I really am. Most (as in 98%) of the people I know are straight.

But that does not mean that because I am different to you that I should have to lay down and take the sort of hate crap the OP is pushing either.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

majority of folk in western society do not mind that people who love each other can get married.

Please provide the sources to your statement.

Please define "western society" as that very definition is the foundation for your statement.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Correct, Questioning or Queer, they also have A for Asexual.. but also some people have said A for Ally.. but Personally that doesn't make sense to me to have Ally in it..

I agree with you, doesn't make me happy either, especially since i know some people of the world think this way..

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

Then you of all people would understand that the term aparthied means that you keep one group of people to the side while you enjoy all the advantages life has to offer.

By dividing us off and giving us a new word, you are keeping marriage for yourself and trying to make us less than you. Equality means equal means the same access to the same word and the same rights. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is no confusion over the new meaning. My straight brothers are married, they always were and always will be.

How can that be, I said all the same rights and benefits as a married couple. What right or benefit are you missing? The right to usurp a word, married people don't have that right.

Cheers - Dave

You are assuming that you OWN the word.

You don't. Just like the whites didn't own South Africa.

Simple.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It makes us gays grumpy too. I'm glad you are straight and love the opposite sex, I really am. Most (as in 98%) of the people I know are straight.

But that does not mean that because I am different to you that I should have to lay down and take the sort of hate crap the OP is pushing either.

I think what you just said, is what she was getting at.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

religious twat
?

Everything after that went unread.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle No one is usurping anything. I got married by a reverend first at his home 3 months before the big wedding and the paper from the town says 'Marriage Certificate' . I married the same person again in a religious building, by the same person. It was actually a hall for rent and the Episcopal minister and his wife that were in control of the building watched the Wiccan ceremony and stated they were delighted to have witnessed it. Both were marriages. I don't see how 2 women or 2 men on the town form would make a difference.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Simple.

Look, the homosexual crowd has already stolen gay, queer and Queen, they had different meanings before. How greedy, selfish and self- centered are you lot actually?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/6.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/6.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

You shouldn't have to. It is demeaning and wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Did someone call for a Queen?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Simple.

Look, the homosexual crowd has already stolen gay, queer and Queen, they had different meanings before. How greedy, selfish and self- centered are you lot actually?

Cheers - Dave
They stole them, really? You wanted those descriptions for yourself?
Ok, Bob's Uncle, you are Gay, Queer and a Queen. Feel better?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

How is gay marriage NOT a stepping stone to other tendencies such as marrying a 9 year old or using animals for sexual gratification? Both of these are now and have been happening worlwide since man evolved.

I am not disagreeing with you but would like to hear how you can back your views with fact and not your own beliefs.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

How is gay marriage NOT a stepping stone to other tendencies such as marrying a 9 year old or using animals for sexual gratification? Both of these are now and have been happening worlwide since man evolved.

I am not disagreeing with you but would like to hear how you can back your views with fact and not your own beliefs.

We are not going there. Dumb argument and you should know better.For shame.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There was a time laws in the UK were VERY different that what you have now. Laws change and sometime to embrace the ridiculous for political reasons.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join