It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Same-Sex Marriage is Legal, are you confused? is your Marriage Confused? if someone says i'm Married do you honestly not know what that means?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I think homosexuality is wrong and I am not religous.

I think homosexuality(for the most part) is when a person has a body that is in a dysfunctional cross purpose with their brain. Chemical androgens in the womb are the most likely cause of such defects. In particular epi-genetic swtiches that shield mom from exposure to male hormones from the growing male fetus and over exposure to female hormones in the growing female fetus can go array and cause defects in the fetus. transgendered folks seem to be the extream example of such over exposure to parental androgens and bi-sexual people seem to be the mild cases with homosexual people in the middle.

Please see mri results compare/contrast gay and straight men and women.

www.newscientist.com...

Dr. Maria New

www.nimbios.org...

Parental "dex" to cure CAH risk children.

edit on 6-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What's the Q for?

It's like a new letter is added to the acronym every other day.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
At around 5:20, the pastor says that god meant for one man, and one woman to constitute a marriage. He also mentions the two shall be one flesh, and that Jesus re-affirmed this in the new testament. Ok...

Then why did god allow the Jews to be married to multiple wives? Solomon, of course, being the best example with 700 wives.
Why didn't Jesus specifically address polygamy in the new testament, considering it was still being practiced at the time?
What happened to one man and one woman?
What happened to the two shall become one?
What happened to the sanctity of marriage?
Why did God allow Abraham to commit adultery with his concubine?
Why did God allow Abraham to marry his sister?
The list of questions could go on.

There's a lot of hypocrisy in the bible when it comes to relationships. Yet it is the moral compass when it comes to all things pertaining to human sexuality?
edit on 7/6/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

WTF is wrong with my rather simple solution? You get your rights, you get a special word, but you want to take over another word that is already defined. That's greedy, self centred and disrupts society. It's not that important that you have to usurp existing words so that eventually the word means nothing. I'd say it actually malicious and selfish.

Go get your own word FFS'S lol

Cheers - Dave

Because what you propose is apartheid. We are not somehow less than you, we are EQUAL

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

If you can't understand the meanings your simply starting from a position of disadvantage, which of course is just where the government wants you.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

I think homosexuality is wrong and I am not religous.

I think homosexuality(for the most part) is when a person has a body that is in a dysfunctional cross purpose with their brain. Chemical androgens in the womb are the most likely cause of such defects. In particular epi-genetic swtiches that shield mom from exposure to male hormones from the growing male fetus and over exposure to female hormones in the growing female fetus can go array and cause defects in the fetus. transgendered folks seem to be the extream example of such over exposure to parental androgens and bi-sexual people seem to be the mild cases with homosexual people in the middle.

Please see mri results compare/contrast gay and straight men and women.

Dr. Maria New

Parental "dex" to cure CAH risk children.

Okay, so you have a possible definition of the cause of homosexuality there. It is something neither parent nor child can help. How does the above 'biological accident' during pregnancy make homosexuality wrong when clearly the fate of the foetus is decided upon in the womb according to this theory?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Same-Sex Marriage is Legal, are you confused? is your Marriage Confused? if someone says i'm Married do you honestly not know what that means?

Yeah, marriage is between a man and woman. If Bruce and Doug get a licence, I don't know what that is, but it ain't married.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Queer,

i know there are a lot of letters, we are the Alphabet Community

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

Well, you admit that we are born this way, so that's a start...

but why do you think that it's "Wrong"? like in the sense being born GLBTQ+ is wrong and we are 'Second Class Sub-Humans" or that it's wrong as in we were not supposed to be born this way, but we are, so we are still people?

link   

Lol

I thought so but for some reason assumed not.

I'd have thought that was covered by the LGB part.

Unless queer is different?!

link   
a reply to: alphastrike101 You are wrong and your sources are more wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

well, sorry to burst your bubble but it technically is now.. Same-Sex Marriage is Legal

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Yeah, marriage is between a man and woman. If Bruce and Doug get a licence, I don't know what that is, but it ain't married.

Cheers - Dave
Yet, legally, it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I lived in South Africa in 80's, I know what apartheid is, first hand, so don't be trying to pull that crap on me. It is a new word for new societal arrangement. It affords all rights and benefits of a married couple and you get to be just as miserable and disillusioned as the rest of us. But married is an allegedly exclusive union between a man and a woman.

Then you of all people would understand that the term aparthied means that you keep one group of people to the side while you enjoy all the advantages life has to offer.

By dividing us off and giving us a new word, you are keeping marriage for yourself and trying to make us less than you. Equality means equal means the same access to the same word and the same rights. Nothing more and nothing less.

There is no confusion over the new meaning. My straight brothers are married, they always were and always will be.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Because Aliens and original sin and died for us and mysterious ways.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs every other day? There would be thousands of letters by now. You should have google, use it.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

Wrong like immoral?

Or wrong like Down's Syndrome, Schizophrenia or Thalidomide?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I was using a light hearted exaggeration.

You should have a sense of humour, use it.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be honest i use it because i like to include everyone, i also add the + on the end because there are so many more definitions

Queer used to be a slur, and i believe it still is in England

It's more of an Umbrella term, but people define it differently to them i believe..Like i'm Gay and Gender-Queer, but Gender-Queer is a Gender Identity not a Sexuality that the words first described

edit on 6-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yeah over here it would be derogatory to use the term queer.

That's another reason I wondered.

Thanks Darth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join