It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is same-sex marriage wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Seems like a double standard has been set. If marriage is strictly a Christian ritual then no one but Christians should have the right to marry one another.

A very enlightened post there

Truth is that marriage is not and never was uniquely Christian - what did people do before Christianity for instance?

I can go with Christianity does not want anything to do with gay marriage because it is against their doctrines, but I can not and will not accept a blanket "Gay marriage is wrong and therefore should be banned' from their camp either.

Live and let live is the answer to this quandry.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

i mean Discrimination is Love now days right?

At this time I'd like to call everyone's attention to what the guy was saying in the first part of the video--that the same-sex marriage issue has been framed in civil rights language to deliberately distort the debate and present marriage as something it isn't.

I couldn't agree more.

I fully agree. Marriage like stick, is a word that means something and has for what, 8000 years? It's a part of our history and is well defined as a union between a man and a woman.

Make up a new word, call it civil unions. I have no problem with the LGBTQ crowd having civil unions and being afforded identical rights as people who are married. But the PC bunch shouldn't be messing with our ability to communicate, language confusion results in frustration and a general dumbing down of society.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
You are on the wrong side of history.The video makes little sense. The idea is discrimination. Many Christian sects disagree with the video. The institution of same sex marriage is thousands of years old. The biological argument has been gone over and disproved. It occurs in nature. I could go on and on. But, the main point is, people with your viewpoint already lost. Unless you are ISIS...go join them, they will behead homosexuals or couples of the same sex.

I hear ISIS recruits on twitter. You might be more comfortable with them.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

PC Buzzwords yay!

Are you saying that if someone said they got Married, now that Same-Sex Marriage is legal, you wouldn't understand what it means?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So, why do you think Same-Sex Marriage is wrong, not what the Video Says, or what the Bible Says.... why do You think it's wrong?

He MADE the video. The video IS what he thinks. It's the same tired arguments that all the religious folk give!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle It has not been defined like that for 8,000 years. There is no reason to not give the title same sex couples. Some say leave it to religious leaders. That makes no sense as it is a legal contract with legal obligations. If you are married in a church, you have to register with the civil jurisdiction anyway.

So, the religious ceremonies are 'ceremonial' unless the priest/religious leader signs the civil document and 2 witnesses in most states.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

PC Buzzwords yay!

Are you saying that if someone said they got Married, now that Same-Sex Marriage is legal, you wouldn't understand what it means?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Nope, because a marriage is between a man and a woman. But if we can just change the meanings of words, then you're a retarded person, which isn't a bad thing to me, retarded means normal. You see how this works? Two ducks were married, the fantasy was beaten by a rather odd car.

Now, WTF did I say? Communication is so important and it's under attack.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

oooooh... i missed that part sorry

Well, now this changes things a little...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I fully agree. Marriage like stick, is a word that means something and has for what, 8000 years? It's a part of our history and is well defined as a union between a man and a woman.

Is that so?

www.historyextra.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.salon.com...

www.geni.com...

I could go on for ages............

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Ok... wait does Ok mean Ok? or am i saying something different?

Well, i say that is just one more point for the GLBTQ+ now we are attacking Communication!.. first Marriage, and Family and Traditional Values.. oh and all the Amendments, and of course Religion and now Communication

Score for the GLBTQ+!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: bobs_uruncle It has not been defined like that for 8,000 years. There is no reason to not give the title same sex couples. Some say leave it to religious leaders. That makes no sense as it is a legal contract with legal obligations. If you are married in a church, you have to register with the civil jurisdiction anyway.

So, the religious ceremonies are 'ceremonial' unless the priest/religious leader signs the civil document and 2 witnesses in most states.

WTF is wrong with my rather simple solution? You get your rights, you get a special word, but you want to take over another word that is already defined. That's greedy, self centred and disrupts society. It's not that important that you have to usurp existing words so that eventually the word means nothing. I'd say it actually malicious and selfish.

Go get your own word FFS'S lol

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/6.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And since people worship the creation and not the Creator, He gave them up to their own delusions.

It's pretty obvious what sex is for - reproduction. But we are so desperate to justify our every urge and pleasure that we worship nature to find every excuse for what we do.

Redefining marriage which is at its base a procreative union of male/female human being to form a family unit for the production and rearing of children as simply any grouping of consenting adults looking to justify their own selfish desires (oh, and get sw33t monies from the gubmint while they do it) is another form of this same impulse.

Now, I am not saying don't go and form your unions if they make you happy. I am saying stop trying to make them what they are not because without serious third party intervention they aren't exactly a mating unit with the potential to create in and of itself.

Oh and I know someone will throw out the infertility thing, but that's a lot like throwing out the rape and incest defense for abortion. If you are in a normal male/female marriage, your odds of being fertile are still much, much greater then the odds of your fertility with your partner in a homosexual union which has 0% fertility without outside intervention (adoption, surrogacy, artificial insemination, etc.).

Really, we are told how different gays are and demanded to celebrate that until suddenly they are just like us and want to co-opt words to redefine institutions and society.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I propose to you a question.

If you were God for 5 seconds what would you do.

Or if that escapes you, how about this one.

If you had five wishes, what would they be?

If I ask myself, the answers would be something like this....

Feed the hungry.
Heal the sick,
end suffering,
End crimes.
End neglect.

Your God has been God for eternity, and none of this seems to have crossed his mind. I really doubt,even if he existed, that he would give a s#!t about my love life. He has bigger problems.

I have no respect for God or his followers when they focus on petty bs.

edit on 6-7-2015 by Wetpaint72 because: Oops

link   

originally posted by: windword

So, why do you think Same-Sex Marriage is wrong, not what the Video Says, or what the Bible Says.... why do You think it's wrong?

He MADE the video. The video IS what he thinks. It's the same tired arguments that all the religious folk give!

Oh my, lol.

link   

Ok... wait does Ok mean Ok? or am i saying something different?

Well, i say that is just one more point for the GLBTQ+ now we are attacking Communication!.. first Marriage, and Family and Traditional Values.. oh and all the Amendments, and of course Religion and now Communication

Score for the GLBTQ+!

I don't know, you want change words to mean other things. It confuses communications which confuses society.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Nope. We have enough people.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

WTF is wrong with my rather simple solution? You get your rights, you get a special word, but you want to take over another word that is already defined. That's greedy, self centred and disrupts society. It's not that important that you have to usurp existing words so that eventually the word means nothing. I'd say it actually malicious and selfish.

Go get your own word FFS'S lol

Cheers - Dave

Because what you propose is apartheid. We are not somehow less than you, we are EQUAL

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We can still reproduce though,.. i mean we still can just because we are not attracted sexually or romantically to the opposite sex doesn't mean we can't reproduce. some Hetero-Couples don't ever want to have kids and they still have Sex

link   
Honestly, if I wanted to listen to evangelical brainwashers try to tell me what I should believe...
I could have gone to any of the other same sex marriage threads.

I learned nothing, except that brainwashing evangelicals are to be avoided.

link   

Marriage like stick, is a word that means something and has for what, 8000 years?

Stick:
1. A long slender piece of wood, especially:
a. A branch or stem that has fallen or been cut from a tree or shrub.
b. A piece of wood, such as a tree branch, that is used for fuel, cut for lumber, or shaped for a specific purpose.
c. A wand, staff, baton, or rod.
2. Sports A long thin implement with a blade or net on the end used to propel and control a puck or ball in hockey or lacrosse.
3. A walking stick; a cane.
4. Something that is long and thin: a stick of dynamite; a stick of gum.
5. Slang A marijuana cigarette.
a. The control device of an aircraft that operates the elevators and ailerons.
b. Informal A stick shift.
7. Nautical A mast or a part of a mast.
a. A group of bombs released to fall across an enemy target in a straight row.
b. Slang A group of paratroopers exiting an aircraft in succession.
9. A timber tree.
10. Informal A piece of furniture.
11. A poke, thrust, or stab with a stick or similar object: a stick in the ribs.
12. A threatened penalty: using both a carrot and a stick to keep allies in line.
13. The condition or power of adhering: a glue with plenty of stick.
14. sticks Informal
a. A remote area; backwoods: moved to the sticks.
b. A city or town regarded as dull or unsophisticated.
15. Informal A person regarded as stiff, boring, or spiritless.
16. Obsolete A difficulty or obstacle; a delay.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

There have been all kinds of marriages over the past 8,000, including arranged, forced, kidnapped/stolen, incestual, polygamous, marriages to newborn babies, marriages of/to the dead/spirits, marriages of/to the unborn, same sex, adulterous/divorcee remarriages, open marriages where men could visit temple prostitutes.......etc., etc., etc.,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join