It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appears to be more shanking going on near Washington/Oregon area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's currently 7:20 EST here in Michigan, I had this site up on my Monitor.. www.iris.edu... and notice the Red Circle popped up on the West Coast, its 4:20 a.m. there. Is (ATS'ers) anyone awake there that might share if it was felt, most are asleep right now and may not be aware of this event.....
Could it be a Sympathy shake as a result of the 8.9 on the other side of the World?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It looks to be a 4.3 in northern california...

27-DEC-2004 10:36:23 38.75 -122.73 4.3 2.9 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

MAP 4.3 2004/12/27 10:36:23 38.747 -122.727 2.9 4 km ( 3 mi) SW of Anderson Springs, CA

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thats about 125 north west from my location. Its close to the Napa wine area. I did not feel anything and i have been up all night. However, we most likely would not feel a 4.3 magnitude quake at any rate. however at anout 7 am PST a nurse that lives in the area is due in and Ill ask if she felt anything.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the correction on location Valhall, I just look at the map and thought it was near Wash/Oregon area.... However this may be leading into more activity in the near future.. It can only be expected as a result of what has been going on.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I don't know, we have quakes here all the time in Nor Cal. A 4.3 barely makes the news.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well 4.3 might not be much now, however it could be a indication of more/larger ones soon, Maybe not? Considering all of the events that have taken place within the last week or so across the world, I would be concern regardless. It appears the World has become a little less stable at this time.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Okay, What just happen... While on this site up, allot of activity took place, both ends mind you of where the last incidents took place... Anyone on the west coast online now? Tell us what you know?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
Okay, What just happen... While on this site up, allot of activity took place, both ends mind you of where the last incidents took place... Anyone on the west coast online now? Tell us what you know?

What exactly are you refering to? I felt no shaking here in the SF Bay Area. Palo Alto to be exact and the San Andreas fault is mere miles from my location and the Hayward fault is about 9 miles away.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm getting more activity folks, unless I have a bad connection, The areas mention continue to move. Each Time the circle becomes larger...
Thanks Banshee for providing this site!!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, Nevada had a 3.2 less than an hour ago according to USGS.

Truthfully I remember a number of years ago taking a geology class in college and the Professor mentioned that the number of earthquakes we actually read about is less than 1% of the amount of earthquakes that actually go on.

Anything under a 4.0 is considered barely detectable, and only then by select groups of people who are in buildings, maybe laying down etc. It's been likened to a passing truck.

I think that we're noticing this activity moreso now because more people are tuned in to such events after this past weekend. It seems that all these quakes have been going on for years and years and will still go on when we all move on to the next news item. Nonetheless though it is pretty fascinating stuff to read about.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Look again, more activity in New Britains area... Very close to the last center. I have to ask this question with hopes there is someone here can answer.... Do we really know if there might be a fault line that is under the Ocean, but we can't read any activity.. Look at the distance/depth of that body of water, if it were to crack somewhere in middle (Look at that little Red Dot that is center in the Ocean that appears idle) and link this into what we are not looking at, Maybe a new Fault Line? Just guessing here folks. Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm on the west coast, we have quakes like that all the time.
Nothing unusual about it IMHO.
It's actually been kinda quiet lately. But we'll see if activity increases.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Does it seem to be quiet at this time? If you wanted to look... www.iris.edu... there is more activity again in the same area. However, for the most part all other past events have been idle with the exception of the small shake off the coast ot Great Britian, as well as within the northren part of CA. almost within the same time frame. Looking for some insight here... rather it been a opinion of the Shelfs moving differently, or its of a normal occurence?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Jessemole,

Here is a link to a thread that I started a couple of weeks ago concerning recent activity on the San Andrea Fault that might interest you...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Magick

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
magickalworld. Thanks for that Link you have already started... I guess I jump on this once it started... and not considered others were on top of it already. Lets bump your thread up now, allot more has been covered in yours. www.abovetopsecret.com...'
Mods can close this one if they wish to.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by jessemole]

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Closed at authors request.

top topics

join