It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about Windows 10....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

Yeah, I tried all the compatibility settings, nothing. Ended up searching a bunch of gamer forums and found that no one has gotten the simcity4 cd to work.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I might just have to do that.
I have overly complicated my passwords...lol

Also just to add, I have noticed a HUGE difference in some games.
Neverwinter Nights2 runs very smooth now and it used to jitter a lot,
and the same goes for sim2 deluxe.
Both games run perfectly, which means I am sure a lot of my other ones do.
I got to much crap!!

edit on 2-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Yeah, I tried all the compatibility settings, nothing. Ended up searching a bunch of gamer forums and found that no one has gotten the simcity4 cd to work.

Can't you just torrent the digital copy and use your CD key for it?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I probably could, but I want the cd to work...lol

It isn't that big of a deal, just kind of annoying every time I switch to a new operating system.
I always lose a few games until someone finds a work around or an update.

It took me a while to get it to run on Win 7 as I guess SC4 doesn't like quad core machines,
it was only designed to run on a single processor.

It is probably something along those lines now that I have a new OP.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well due to some issues with 8 I was looking forward to 10 till I found this. I should mention that I have a dual boot system, and use windows for work as most of my clients want Windows used for their systems and reporting structure.

The Surveillance State Goes Mainstream: Windows 10 Is Watching (& Logging) Everything Published: August 3, 2015

If Edward Snowden’s patriotic exposure of all things ‘super secret surveillance state’ in America were not enough, Newsweek reports that, as 10s of millions of hungry PC users download the free upgrade, Windows 10 is watching – and logging and sharing – everything users do… and we mean everything.

Windows 10 should be renamed to Spyware OS t.co... — Thomas Fuchs (@thomasfuchs) July 31, 2015

From the moment an account is created, Microsoft begins watching. The company saves customers’ basic information – name, contact details, passwords, demographic data and credit card specifics – but it also digs a bit deeper… and finding answers is not easy, as one privacy expert exclaimed,“there is no world in which 45 pages of policy documents and opt-out settings split across 13 different Settings screens and an external website constitutes ‘real transparency’.”

As NewsWeek reports,

More than 14 million devices are already running Microsoft’s Windows 10 after its global launch on Wednesday, but it’s unclear how many of their users read the company’s Privacy Policy and Service Agreement before downloading. Tucked away in the 45 pages’ worth of terms and conditions (effective August 1) is a substantial power grab: The company is collecting data on much of what you do while using its new software.

From the moment an account is created, Microsoft begins watching. The company saves customers’ basic information – name, contact details, passwords, demographic data and credit card specifics – but it also digs a bit deeper.

Source: Zero Hedge

I'm staying with Linux and Windows 7!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LamontCranston

Hrm, I can't say I'm surprised. I did make sure I unchecked all the boxes about sharing stuff when I installed it, but who knows if it makes any difference. I don't have anything to hide anyway, spy on my all they want they will be bored shiiitless!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join