It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I'd honestly be surprised if a major hollywood celebrity ~hadn't~ provided quaaludes in participation with sex.

Doesn't make it rape if two people agree to get high together and have sex.

It does if the intent in giving it to a person is get them messed up enough so they can't resist, or they're made unconscious, or they wouldn't have sex with you otherwise.

Just because two people decide to get slop-drunk together doesn't mean sex will be consensual. See college rape.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Where do all yu people get rape from drugs?

A. This was the seventies for Petes sake lots of drugs and disco and freakishness

2. I've bought a lady drugs and had sex with her. It wasn't rape it was us getting messed up and having a good time

3. because you buy drugs and give them or have the intent of giving them to someone is ment to imply to the reader that it was for rape but without actually giving the false accusation OF rape.

Cosby was honest in his deposition he could have denied it ever happened and really what proof do you think someone could find when it comes to something in the 70s? A recipt? I don't think so

Yiu people need to seriously rethink your statements it really tells more abiut how your preconceived notions abiut bill will make your mind fill in the gaps in order to paint a negative view

I'm 100% with bill. You people should be ashamed

originally posted by: Liquesence

I'd honestly be surprised if a major hollywood celebrity ~hadn't~ provided quaaludes in participation with sex.

It does if the intent in giving it to a person is get them messed up enough so they can't resist, or they're made unconscious, or they wouldn't have sex with you otherwise.

Just because two people decide to get slop-drunk together doesn't mean sex will be consensual. See college rape.

and where is this posted? See its all about implications. Not facts. And there have been many people who have gotten drunk had consenting sex only to accuse someone of rape in the morning

With a celeb I'm sure the those odds go up depending on the agnda
edit on am720153108America/ChicagoTue, 07 Jul 2015 08:53:32 -0500_7000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

Cosby was honest in his deposition he could have denied it ever happened and really what proof do you think someone could find when it comes to something in the 70s? A recipt? I don't think so

The ONLY reason he admitted it then was because they gave him immunity.

So, you're 100% with a person who admitted to giving drugs to a woman for sex, and has at least two dozen other people claiming they were raped while drugged? Um, ok.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Character assassination by the Obama thought police.

Cosby was publicly critical of Black culture in America.
Now he is publicly ruined.

Just putting two and two together.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

and where is this posted? See its all about implications. Not facts. And there have been many people who have gotten drunk had consenting sex only to accuse someone of rape in the morning With a celeb I'm sure the those odds go up depending on the agnda

I never said he *did* and I never said it was a fact. You said

Which is true, but just because two people get high together and end up having sex doesn't mean it automatically WASN'T rape. That's my point.

And considering the fact that TWO DOZEN more people have come forward, makes it very suspect.

ETA:

I've never said he he did it, but due to the admission (given in exchange for immunity), it doesn't look good.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Which is true, but just because two people get high together and end up having sex doesn't mean it automatically WASN'T rape. That's my point.

Except, in these cases, only one person got high, allegedly. Every one of these women claim to have been unable to consent, and claim that they were raped.

Cosby admitted to obtaining drugs and offered them to women under false pretenses, according to the women, in order to have sex with them, not to get consent from them.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I've only read his admission of giving it to one (calling a quaalude Benadryl?), I haven't heard *his* admission that he gave it to them under false pretenses, although, yes, the claims are definitely that he gave it to them under other false pretenses, aka DRUGGED them.

Anyway, here's the deposition, which I have only skimmed through.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
The other thread was closed regarding this topic, which I originally posted in. So here are my thoughts on it.

My beliefs on this latest Bill Cosby scandal may be unpopular here, but I gotta say it. There may be some half-truths here, ones in which Cosby himself has admitted to regarding some things like this over 30 years ago.

But Cosby has spoken out against the "thug" culture, which the black community has embraced as their own. This culture has caused more violence and racism (by blacks) since the days of the true KKK before the civil rights movement.

This current admin has all but ignited a race war with all the accusations etc of racism from (white) cops due to "profiling" etc. This has totally distracted from the cases of ALL police violence again those of ALL races. Even though, in every single case of white cop on black "teen" violence, the media has tried to tie to racism to those cases, but ALL of which ended up being cases of real criminal thugs resisting arrest etc that were just being thugs and needed to be held accountable for it.

Bill Cosby has, for years been very clear about his thoughts on why thug culture has no place in America. He has pointed out that Americans are Americans. That there is no such thing as an "African" American, and he has clearly spoken on how ridiculously divided and segregated the black community has made themselves due to nonsensical arguments and mythical notions of rampant white racism that the left keeps throwing around, which they would love to lead every American (and those abroad) to believe exists right now. The most rampant racism in existence right now, is coming from the black community.

Bill spoke truths that the black community, and likely the Obama admin did not want to hear. Bill spoke words very closely related to the words of Dr Martin Luther King JR. But many in the black community would like to continue playing victims, and not want the world to judge them on the content of their character, but instead the color of their skin. This is segregation in it's truest form. There is no need for any sort of Jim Crow laws.

I believe Bill was set up and attacked by those with a specific racial agenda. Many in the black community called him an "uncle tom" and not "black enough" for the black community well before this scandal started.

However sick Bill may be, many on the left and in the black community are as equally sick.

I don't know what to believe when it comes to all these accusations against Bill Cosby, but I will always remember his words, beyond whatever corruption that may or may not have took hold of him. If only briefly, he spoke words truer than we have seen from many in a long time.

Common sense is becoming a thing of the past.

Those are my thoughts on it. Now call me a racist, hater, bigot, all the words of the Liberal vocab, I totally expect it.
He was 'set up' because he has stated his dislike for 'thug culture'? What, set up for almost 40 years? Did Obama plan this set up as a child?

Your Faux news talking points are amusing.

And you attribute those words as being owned by Liberals? You are going out of your way to insult a lot of people, including me.
edit on 7-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

"but ALL of which ended up being cases of real criminal thugs resisting arrest etc that were just being thugs and needed to be held accountable for it." Just like the child with the toy gun.....right.
edit on 7-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Where do all yu people get rape from drugs?

A. This was the seventies for Petes sake lots of drugs and disco and freakishness

2. I've bought a lady drugs and had sex with her. It wasn't rape it was us getting messed up and having a good time

3. because you buy drugs and give them or have the intent of giving them to someone is ment to imply to the reader that it was for rape but without actually giving the false accusation OF rape.

Yiu people need to seriously rethink your statements it really tells more abiut how your preconceived notions abiut bill will make your mind fill in the gaps in order to paint a negative view

originally posted by: Liquesence

and where is this posted? See its all about implications. Not facts. And there have been many people who have gotten drunk had consenting sex only to accuse someone of rape in the morning

With a celeb I'm sure the those odds go up depending on the agnda

If you are 'with Bill', please keep the female members of ATS apprised of your whereabouts, so we can go somewhere safe.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I don't care if mr. Cosby raped women 70 years ago...the man is a criminal and needs to be treated as such. He has admitted to crimes. Because of his celebrity status, he served no time?

We make celebrities. We do this in paying for cable or satellite service in our homes, we pay ridiculous prices to watch them in theatres. We watch them on every form of entertainment there is.

We make celebrities. We should stop.

They should not get different enforcement because of celebrity.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Don't care who he is, what he has done to become famous or what "good causes" he used his fame to support.
Give him his day in court, convict him and lock him up for good.................

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just can't enjoy Jell-o anymore these days.

Wha? He use to advertise for White Owl Blunts and is critical of the black community?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And Rush Limbaugh Compares Bill Cosby to Michael Sam, Caitlyn Jenner, Bill Clinton...

Disgusting the absolute ignorance

www.thewrap.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As usual the partisan pundits are jumping on the issue politically. Divide and conquer. Celebrity culture is often immune to the repercussions of bad actions because of their inside links, fame and money needs to be addressed as a whole.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Time for someone to go to Jail-O...don't want to imagine the kind of pudding pops he'll get in there.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Looking guiltier by the day, so very sad. Yes, he must pay his debt to society or else there is no justice!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Bill Cosby seeks court sanctions against accuser over deposition leak

Seems Bill's all out of sorts because the truth came out... I'm SO GLAD there's at least one case that's within the statute of limitations!

Comedian Bill Cosby filed legal papers on Tuesday calling for court sanctions against a woman accusing him of sexual assault, saying she breached their confidentiality agreement in the leak of his full deposition from a 10-year-old civil case to the New York Times.

Cosby, 78, made the filing in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia in opposition to recent motions by Andrea Constand, a former Temple University employee who has alleged the comedian tricked her into taking drugs before he sexually assaulted her.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join