It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to: "Build a Great Wall and Make Mexico Pay for it"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm sure everyone's heard of Trumps statement on making Mexico Pay for a wall along the border. While I'm sure his plan was probably reconstructing NAFTA or some other route of hindering the Mexican economy if they can't keep there citizens from crossing, I have a simpler and very cost effective method.

Quick facts:
-Border patrol agents make around 500,000 arrests along the border each year.
-The border is just shy of 2000 miles.
-That equals 21 feet of border per arrest.
-The Great Wall was built using stone, wood, and rammed earth.
-Rammed earth is a construction method that often uses on site materials

Illegals that are arrested are placed in a labor camp until the complete their section of wall, or the equivalent work of a section of wall. Maybe 10 ft thick, 20 ft wide, and 20 ft tall.

While it might not be "Mexico" paying for it, it's damn close. And of course, only well able men and women would work. After their work is finished, they are deported.

Granted, there are a lot of miscellaneous details that would have to be considered, but the basic concept seems plausible.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with rammed earth construction, it is a mixture of different soils (clay, sand, etc) that turns quite hard. The mixture is layed in a form in 6" increments, and as the name suggests, is rammed down to condense and hardens when dried. Often materials to make a rammed earth structure are readily available on site. There are structures that are thousands of years old that still stand today that were made using rammed earth.

Here is a basic video that describes some of it;

Ghost

edit on 6-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Why build a wall? You don't want people coming in? Why can't they come here?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

I don't mind if the come here......legally. And the obvious answer of why to build a wall - to keep the illegal ones out.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Laws can be changed. Why should we have laws to keep anyone out? I read some where that nearly 25% of the population of Mexico resides within the US.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I like this idea. A wall would be the perfect way to solve the problem. But who is actually going to pay for it? The money has to come from somewhere. Also, how long do you think such a project would take?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What's up wit the vid?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Yep, probably mostly in the land the US stole from Mexico in 1848....

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

The materials are free and the labor is free. There would be some costs though with oversight, camps, etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the video, I put another one on.

Also, the math of 21 feet per illegal crossing puts construction at 1 year (500,000 crossings, 2000 miles). But it's obviously not going to happen that fast.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Would this not be a modern version of slavery at its core?

So we arrest poor Mexican people that are looking for an opportunity to enrich their lives and the lives of their family and thrust them into slave labor? That hardly seems fair.
Are you going to wall up the western and eastern seas as well as the northern border?
edit on 6-7-2015 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If my understanding of Chinese history is correct the WALL didn't help them.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Five times deported, back again to kill someone randomly. Sure, let anyone in, undocumented. What's a few more crimes and killings.

Steinle was shot Wednesday while walking with her father on Pier 14, a popular walking spot on the city's waterfront. She died on the way to the hospital.

The shooting, tragic enough on its own, has inflamed the national debate over immigration reform after it was revealed Lopez-Sanchez is an undocumented immigrant with a felony record who had been deported to Mexico five times.

Link

edit on 7/6/2015 by roadgravel because: fix link

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You can't be serious. A wall built by forced labor; does that include woman and children? Then what, a house to house search for anyone else deemed illegal in the country.

Comprehensive reform is needed, not walls.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I like the idea and would support it 100%.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

I don't mind if the come here......legally. And the obvious answer of why to build a wall - to keep the illegal ones out.

Or to keep you in. Think about that one for a second.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Who is going to pay for the labor?

Can you build rammed earth walls on sand dunes?
Do you know how many miles of the border are located on them?

Can you build it across bodies of water?

Do you know that we currently have walls up and they just over and under them?

A wall is not the answer, our gov needs to stop funding the cartels that are ruining their country.
edit on thMon, 06 Jul 2015 16:41:25 -0500America/Chicago720152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 06 Jul 2015 16:45:54 -0500America/Chicago720155480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Would a wall have stopped him?

It is very tragic that it happened, seems it was human error that was the cause of it though.

Do some reform, in that reform is stricter enforcement of not going through the system.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A border wall no matter who builds it is not much help. Let us look at the most fortified border in the world between North and South Korea. North Koreans have gotten in to South Korea by tunnel, boat and through other countries. If the jobs are here waiting and you build a wall the will just go under it, come in on the water ways that cross the border, come in by boat anywhere along the massive US coast lines, get smuggled to Canada and cross that open border or get fake pass ports and come in like most of the illegals from countries outside of the America's.

Lets not even mention the fact that these people could simply refuse to work. Why would they if your going ship them off one way or the other. Or they could just sabotage it. And the cost to feed and secure this work force would be large, not mention you would have build large camps as well every so often as the moved along. And then of course you have the entire slave labor and human rights abuse problem. This might even cost more than having professionals build it.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

My thoughts too. Build a giant wall to shut off the entire southern border. No apartheid there or segregation. (Sarcasm)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Something needs to be done.

But, that's one big a$$ wall...

ADD: 50 foot fence = 51 foot ladder

edit on 6-7-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We can build all the walls we want, but they will just dig a tunnel under it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join