It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange personal experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This was something that happened to me around 10 years ago.

I was still living with my parents, in a top floor flat in an apartment block. The exact history of our flat, is unknown to me, but they were built probably around the 1960s or so, and it was a rough area full of poverty and crime.

Anyway, i had come home from my girlfriends house, and was sitting at my computer, chatting to her. My computer faced the bedroom door, so my back was to the door. I suddenly had a really uneasy feeling come over me, and the room got really cold. I could feel that someone was behind me, looking at me. In my mind I knew if I turned round, I was going to see an old woman. I was unable to move though, something was stopping me from turning around and looking.

This probably lasted 5-10 seconds, and then the feeling disappeared, and the coldness also disappeared. I immediately spun round and there was nobody there. This experience has always stuck with me, because it came out of nowhere. I have had a couple of other experiences too, which I will go into later, but I just wanted to share this one, as it was so strange at the time...especially the image of the old woman, in my head.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gdt26
This was something that happened to me around 10 years ago.

I was still living with my parents, in a top floor flat in an apartment block. The exact history of our flat, is unknown to me, but they were built probably around the 1960s or so, and it was a rough area full of poverty and crime.

Anyway, i had come home from my girlfriends house, and was sitting at my computer, chatting to her. My computer faced the bedroom door, so my back was to the door. I suddenly had a really uneasy feeling come over me, and the room got really cold. I could feel that someone was behind me, looking at me. In my mind I knew if I turned round, I was going to see an old woman. I was unable to move though, something was stopping me from turning around and looking.

This probably lasted 5-10 seconds, and then the feeling disappeared, and the coldness also disappeared. I immediately spun round and there was nobody there. This experience has always stuck with me, because it came out of nowhere. I have had a couple of other experiences too, which I will go into later, but I just wanted to share this one, as it was so strange at the time...especially the image of the old woman, in my head.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Probably a ghost...and probably just passing through and curious.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I never felt threatened or anything, was just a very strange experience
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gdt26

I have sensed the presence of spirits without actually seeing or hearing them. It sounds as though you have experienced this as well. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: suruptileous

It was a pretty cool thing at the time. Most people I told about it, just looked at me like I was crazy. It's good to know others have had a similar experience

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

creepy stuff ... id have just turned to her and said .... wheeeEEEEEeeeeeee.......

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I had a dream that left me, (I would imagine) with the same feeling, except a week later I ended up in a car accident.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not crazy... or not crazier than the proverbial "average" human, anyway.

The bastions of all that is right and correct in the world will likely tell you ghosts are nonexistent ... trouble is, people keep experiencing them.

I have too...

Not saying that that definitely was what you experienced... just saying ghosts, spirits, plasma lifeforms, spooks, etc. exist in some manner and most don't have any more info than that.

But they exist... especially in regards to some specific places and people... for whatever reason. It usually takes some personal experience to realize it... OR years of reading the relevant reports and making an educated assessment that there must be something going on.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Creepy.

I've experience similar once.
I was actually reading a thread here on ATS a few years back about a weird Ouija board message and all of a sudden in my mind I could see this shadowy figure very clearly behind me. It then went right through my head and hands and stared at the message before pulling back and going away.

It was very spooky.

There are some trippy things and spirits wandering around out there,
and every once and a while we end up running into them or they are interested in us for some reason,
or what we are doing.
Most people just blow off the experiences like that as being freaked out or something,
but it happens.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You didn't turn around, and didn't you look in your computer screen for the reflection. Those are the scariest. People look in their mirror at someone behind them but when they turn around… they're gone!

Shivers…

If you ever feel that presence again tell her this is your place now, time to move on. No more ghostly pranks.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Interesting story. Very interesting. When you say you KNOW someone was behind you, that's intriguing.
I recently posted a thread about a friend who said she knew something was watching her. The circumstances were totally different from yours. She was outdoors, in an open space.

She said the feeling was unmistakeable. I was so intrigued I did some research. Apparently, we humans have this ability
to 'know', to feel if someone is staring at us or watching us. Something shifts in our brains from 'normal state' to 'abnormal'. It's been proven. If you're walking behind someone (a store or mall is a good place to try this) and you just stare at the back of their head, quite often they'll turn around and look at you.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

This is something i feel I should try. Walk behind someone, staring at them, and see if they react. I'm sure everyone has had times when they feel someone looking at them. That night for me it was so clear that someone was sitting lookong right at me. Together with the atmosphere changing and the sudden cold, it just felt paranormal.

new topics

top topics

join