It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this mid air sky explosion in Putins hometown Russia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey,

What's this mid air sky explosion in Putins hometown Russia?

All thoughts welcome. Have at it ATS.

Only have link so far if someone can imbed it let me know

www.express.co.uk...

Student Ana Zhmaeva was convinced she had just seen a mid-air plane crash when she began to record the incident in the air over the western city of St Petersburg, where Russia's president was born.

Ms Zhmaeva immediately reported the unexplained incident to police but they have since been unable to locate any crashed objects and no plane collisions were reported at the time.

The footage, which is now with the authorities, appears to show two objects collide with a bright flash before one of them plunges to the ground and fragments seen scattering in the cloud.

Ms Zhmaeva said: "When I started filming the UFOs [Unidentified Flying Objects] disappeared like they had exploded or crashed into each other."

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Drones collision. That or fireworks or a light reflecting off of venus.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The way it falls to the ground show it's not a heavy object, it's falling to slow.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Really!?! Fireworks during the day? And the planet Venus visable this side of a cloud!
If you are going to try and debunk a thread please try and use a bit more imagination.
The only thing you said with a bit of sense was a drone collision. However, every single thing seems to be drones. Oh, wait I know what it is......it is lens Flare lmao

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Drones collision. That or fireworks or a light reflecting off of venus.

Thank god for professional debunkers. I could of sworn it was Jupiters reflection

How does one look at those pictures, and come to terms with fireworks? Holy cow the debunker crowd is getting weak.

I don't know what this is, but I feel like it's something man made, maybe an experiment nearby and this lady witnessed that experiment go wrong?

Eta - two things collided, could be anything people are using, toy plane/helicopter, sort of balloon, a bird, so many things...
The flash of light is possibly something metallic or chrome, reflecting our Sun into her view or lens.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsealad
a reply to: yuppa

Really!?! Fireworks during the day? And the planet Venus visable this side of a cloud!
If you are going to try and debunk a thread please try and use a bit more imagination.
The only thing you said with a bit of sense was a drone collision. However, every single thing seems to be drones. Oh, wait I know what it is......it is lens Flare lmao

Well at least you picked up on it being a possible drone. Some drones are made up of very lightweight stuff and most likely the drones rotors were trying to auto rotate which kept it up longer as it fell.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting, whatever drops just disappears from the camera view before it hits the ground.

Food for thought............

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
2 pixels wide ...it's a ufo from alpha centauri !...or maybe a video of two objects colliding but who knows what because the camera is too far way to catch the detail.

Bet you there is closer video but because the objects are clearly identifiable nobody gives a damn because it's a non event!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
" Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a sperm whale had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet.

And since this is not a naturally tenable position for a whale, this poor innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity as a whale before it then had to come to terms with not being a whale any more.

This is a complete record of its thoughts from the moment it began its life till the moment it ended it.

Ah … ! What’s happening? it thought.

Er, excuse me, who am I?

Hello?

Why am I here? What’s my purpose in life?

What do I mean by who am I?

Calm down, get a grip now … oh! this is an interesting sensation, what is it? It’s a sort of … yawning, tingling sensation in my … my … well I suppose I’d better start finding names for things if I want to make any headway in what for the sake of what I shall call an argument I shall call the world, so let’s call it my stomach.

Good. Ooooh, it’s getting quite strong. And hey, what’s about this whistling roaring sound going past what I’m suddenly going to call my head? Perhaps I can call that … wind! Is that a good name? It’ll do … perhaps I can find a better name for it later when I’ve found out what it’s for. It must be something very important because there certainly seems to be a hell of a lot of it. Hey! What’s this thing? This … let’s call it a tail – yeah, tail. Hey! I can can really thrash it about pretty good can’t I? Wow! Wow! That feels great! Doesn’t seem to achieve very much but I’ll probably find out what it’s for later on. Now – have I built up any coherent picture of things yet?

No.

Never mind, hey, this is really exciting, so much to find out about, so much to look forward to, I’m quite dizzy with anticipation …

Or is it the wind?

There really is a lot of that now isn’t it?

And wow! Hey! What’s this thing suddenly coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like … ow … ound … round … ground! That’s it! That’s a good name – ground!

I wonder if it will be friends with me?

And the rest, after a sudden wet thud, was silence.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

edit on 6-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
2 pixels wide ...it's a ufo from alpha centauri !...or maybe a video of two objects colliding but who knows what because the camera is too far way to catch the detail.

Bet you there is closer video but because the objects are clearly identifiable nobody gives a damn because it's a non event!!!!!!!!!

Except it is a current event which is why its posted in current events forum.
I always have interest in a air collisions/explosions.....
*shrugs* each to their own.
edit on 6-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Personally I don't see 2 objects colliding or otherwise.
Looks like a single object to me.

If I had to venture a guess I'd say perhaps it's a drone with a bad Li-Po battery.
The batteries tend to explode with a jet of flame. Of course this would be catastrophic to a high flying drone thus resulting in something similar to what is seen in the video.

Here's a good video of what it could look like close up.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Interesting, whatever drops just disappears from the camera view before it hits the ground.

Food for thought............

it does look light weight, the article said no debris was found (though hardly a pulitzer prize winner piece of journalism). I thought it could be drones. I don't know what Drones are made of to totally disintegrate. Do military drones explode like that as they are powered by fuel? I think they do and the smaller ones for personal use are battery I suspect.
I thought Russia had a no drones policy now, but again I'm unsure. (yeah think I need a Drones lesson)

If anyone can fill in the gaps for me on drones would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
dp

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Ahh gotcha, so the battery powered ones do a small fire. If it was a larger military one it would have more fuel and it stands to reason that a larger fuel explosion would be seen, so maybe it could be a battered power one like you linked.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

My concern, even if the video is intriguing, is that the camera operator's statement reminds me of the "witness" to an auto accident. "Yes, I saw it happen. I was watching TV and heard the big bang, rushed to the window and saw the one car hit the other one."

My question, does she have video of the objects before the collusion? The video appears to start with the collusion, and that makes it suspect.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

A military UAV (God I hate the D word) would look just like a regular aircraft if it went up in flames and crashed. The only real difference would be the scale of the fire and explosion.
edit on 7/7/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How about the propane tank on a balloon going up and the object is the basket . Also given the apparent distance i believe the falling object was going quite fast . It certainly accelerated .

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

You are without a doubt my favorite new member here.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
" Another thing that got forgotten was the fact that against all probability a sperm whale had suddenly been called into existence several miles above the surface of an alien planet.

Hi there Greathouse, great quote from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy I think. If so, you should really acknowledge where the quote originated, even if modified some thanks should be shown.

No I am not Douglas Adams, just a fan of a great series of books.

Regarding the pictures, rather lucky to have been photographing blue sky just as whatever did what it did! Hope earlier photos will come out showing what it was. Expect a closer look will provide a "Did not see that before taking photo" photo. Hopefully that will reveal a small remote controlled something, hovering? (Good reason for having camera ready and focused on that particular bit of sky.)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Russian bomber SU-24 crushed after start from airport in Khabarovsk Oblast, Far East. Both pilots are dead. This is fifth crash in few months. Article says: Plane after pull up, left wing fall down and plane hit the ground.

polish source: www.rp.pl...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join