It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier charged after toting rifle through N.C. mall

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So this young soldier (supposedly thought it would be a good idea to strap up with his vest and rifle and walk around a mall wearing both. His excuse? He had just finished getting pictures done at a studio in the mall.

So what happens? Well local LE responded and evacuated the mall, conducted a search (some reports said there were two men with guns) and arrested this moron, charging him with "Going armed to the terror of the public." (Awesome charge, by the way)

The guy has since been released to the Fort Bragg Provost Marshal and the dude's company commander. I'm willing to bet he'll catch a military charge also, though of what nature remains to be seen.

The mall has a no gun policy, neither concealed nor open carry (yes I verified).

www.securityinfowatch.com...

fayobserver.com...

On behalf of 2nd supporters everywhere, I thank you for being an absolute jackass and making the rest of us look bad.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

These idiots pop up in the news every now and again....just like the guy that went to the Atlanta airport with an AR-15. I am all for the second and being able to carry, but this is just retarded. Hopefully he catches a serious reprimand over this.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Perhaps some "incentive training" is in his future.

And by "perhaps" I mean "definitely."

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
well if there is no law against it why was he arrested? was the soldier pointing it at anyone? No its just another case of Over reaction(but its been conditioned by the government) SUre it wasnt such a smart idea because people are idiots and over react these days. If he was in uniform there should had been no problems.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I have to admit, I was surprised he was a white guy. Normally, white people can walk around stores with rifles and people applaud them for exercising their rights.

Either way, racist double-standards aside, this is lame. He's intentionally being a dumb-ass, sure, but I don't see what the crime really is. Why is this guy arrested yet countless more can march through a Walmart, armed like a militia?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

cops are just jealous of the military is all.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I bet all of us want soldiers walking around town toting rifles. Condition us to martial law.

Is a soldier allowed to take rifles and other firearms off the base for their amusement? If so, that's might explain a few things.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The mall doesn't allow guns on its property.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
He is just exercising his rights, i support his action!!.

If he start shooting people i will just say "he does represent me".

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

"So given that it's a casting for a battlefield setting, I decided to use things to look the part," he said. "I had an AR-15 without the firing pin and personal gear."

I figured he was using the military gear from 'work'. Looks like he used his own stuff.

A rifle with no firing pin? haha.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Reading the source material helps man.

It was a personally owned weapon and gear. He wasn't wearing a uniform. So he looked like some yahoo all kitted up and toting a gun, not a soldier walking around ready for battle.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Most states have specific language, North Carolina included, that prohibits carrying concealed or openly wherever an establishment has banned doing so.

So, no, he wasn't exercising his rights. It's the gun owners responsibility to know where they can and can't carry, and the manner in which they can do so.

So if you support ignorant gun owners, guess you've found your guy.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Ya, I went to check this out in depth. He was a soldier but not obvious at the time.

I don't like these stunts. If he cared about not causing a scene he could have used a case. Models need the spot light...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

He'll probably get a reality show now. Free publicity!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

He'll probably get a reality show now. Free publicity!

Could be.

Wonder how many illegally carried hand guns were in the place? I would bet a few.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well it's Fayettenam so yea probably more than one lol

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Going armed to the terror of the public

I've never heard of that. It sounds pretty wide open for interpretation.

Regardless, this guy was brain dead. I have a hard time believing a thinking person would not stop at some point to reconsider what he/she was doing. This is not a gun issue, it is a Darwin issue.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Yea I did some reading on it. Apparently a guy was convicted on the charge for riding a horse through a court room.

State Supreme Court seems to have a rather broad interpretation on it, making it in effect a catch all weapons charge.

Either way this guy is a tool.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I found the phrasing of the charge "going armed to the terror of the public" odd, and somewhat vague, and have never run across it in RCWs. According to the subject, "he didn't see any signs that prohibit firearms" and 'I made sure everything I was doing was correct". If he didn't take a moment to consider his actions, he surely didn't think of the fallout.

His actions were ill-conceived, and civil penalties might pale in whats in store for him by the 82nd.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

45&45 and lots of BUFFER time...S&A needs stripped anyway....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join