It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA changes hiring practices in favor of diversity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a six month investigation of the FAA’s new hiring practices, uncovered changes that may put the nation’s flying public at risk

allegations that the newest air traffic control recruits had access to answers on a key test that helped them gain jobs

disturbing agenda puts the safety of our skies at risk

FAA effort to promote diversity that discarded 3000 qualified college graduates with degrees in air traffic control despite their following FAA procedure and obtaining FAA accredited degrees

The path for new ATC recruits begins with questions like this, “The number of different high school sports I participated in was A) 4 or more… B) 3… C) 2… D) 1… E) Didn’t play sports.

the FAA threw out the AT-SAT scores and CTI qualifications of an estimated 3000 CTI graduates and military veterans who were all previously designated “well qualified” to become air traffic controllers. The FAA told them all to start over. But this time, when they applied for a job, their college degrees and previous military experience would mean nothing

The FAA’s only requirements, to apply, are be a U.S. citizen, have a high school diploma, speak English and pass the FAA’s new BQ, Biographical Questionnaire

Candidates... ...allowed to take the test unsupervised, on their own time and on their home computers over a two week period

Source

Political correctness has gone way too far already. We are throwing out education and ability in favor of forcing diversity. I'd be afraid to fly knowing there's an air traffic controller down below who was tested on how many sports they played in high school and other such nonsense, rather than actually being qualified for the job.
This isn't just the FAA, it's happening everywhere. My dad had a law enforcement position and was at one time made to work alongside a guy who literally didn't even know how to write... He was only hired because he was a minority.
Forced diversity is ruining this country.

You want equality? Lowered testing and education standards for minorities is not equality.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ha.....I quit flying in 1980 cause of the atc firings from Reagan....
we were drilled with safety.... then the atc's went on strike and got fired....along with my career.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Diversity: A code word for less white people.

Screw the qualifications.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's funny how everyone always wants equal rights, but never mention the affirmative action laws and rules that are in place. This is rampant through colleges and employment, hell, even credit companies have gotten more and more involved in this. If people truly wanted equal rights, these policies would've been gone long ago. The whole "less white men" belief is so backwards and hypocritical that these people are doing to them what they don't want done to themselves anymore. Creating a whole new generation of hate.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've been an air traffic controller for 27 years. You can be an absolute genius with high College scores and still not be able to separate aircraft in the performance aspect of the job.

Air Traffic Control is a feel not an intelligence quotient. Either you can do the job or you can't. High test scores have little to do with it. Knowing the rules and applying the rules are two different animals.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbstractDreamzIf people truly stopped being racist, these policies would've been gone long ago.

FYP

Remember this thread: African American Names!!

edit on 6-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: AbstractDreamzIf people truly stopped being racist, these policies would've been gone long ago.

FYP

Remember this thread: African American Names!!

Racism will never go away fully. Everyone who thinks it will is living in some Utopian universe. If people want to be real with themselves, I would estimate 99.9999% of people have told a racist joke, laughed at one or been part of some jabbing of someone who is different. I grew up in the inner-city of Milwaukee and went to all Black/Asian/Latino public schools and the one thing is, we all made fun of each other. It was all harmless, but very politically incorrect. These days, I am sure schools still are like that but to many people are toting the PC line that they forget that we are all human, we are all different and we all make fun of each other. It doesn't make you racist, it makes you human. True racism is an actual hatred towards another and is VERY RARE IMO, and I really believe that while we may stereotype, we may ridicule or something else, when a conversation sparks, we can all find common ground. You won't find common ground with a racist.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Rome is burning, burn baby burn!

top topics

join