It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Congress, Would You Send Your Kids To Iraq?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
In this edition Off the Grid, I contemplate how President Obama could think sending 450 additional American troops to Iraq is a good idea. Obama claims American troops won’t end up in ground battle, but history has taught us better.

Do you think history is about to repeat itself? Let me know your thoughts!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Better question, the Obama girls are growing up.

Would Obama tell his daughters to join the military and go to Iraq?
Will he tell Malia to join and go to Iraq next year when she is fully eligible,
because he feels it is necessary to send more troops to Iraq.

He is so willing to send others daughters to Iraq, how about his own?
Malia was born in 1998, in one year she is eligible to join without her parents permission,
right now she is eligible to join the military with her parents permission.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

This thread title made me think of this song:

We all know the answer to the question in the OP though.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Of course that is the better question!!

Have to make this about obama right away right?

Barry can send the marines for x amount of days, after that it is congress that has to decide.
And it has been congress that have been screaming for more boots on the ground over in Iraq, as well as many on the right.

Barry should be part of the question, but the better question is why don't our elected officials as a whole send their kids to the wars they start.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

War sucks but it does no good to hide from a fight.

In the past the U.S. was the aggressor now we have an enemy who threatens the U.S. within our borders.

Should we run and hide or fight?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread title made me think of this song:

We all know the answer to the question in the OP though.

Me too, I was about to post that video, glad I read a few posts down.

Mr Ventura, from what I can tell the past only repeats itself because we allow it to. Part of this allowance is refusing to acknowledge the past. As long as we continue to believe those who "won the wars and wrote the history" most of society will remain in the dark.

And they are making it more and more difficult for us to question/revise history, especially the important parts. Sadly many people will be cheering this on unless they are rampant Obama haters then they will just blame Obama...LOL!

edit on 6-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What a #ing joke.

First I doubt it is "Jesse Ventura".

Second most of the people agree only because they want to agree with Jesse.

Whatever. I disagree.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

I was in the Iraq the second time we were there, I've learned MY lesson about going back the first time we learned it as a country. I don't need to relearn it for this go around.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Um... Jesse has been posting here for a while as a sponsored poster. If it's not Jesse, then ATS better get its money back.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can't go into too many details but my brother has been on standby for both Iraq and Ukraine for a while now. He has to learn the hard way I guess.

Over the years I've tried sharing my point of view which included showing him facts from the lessons people such as yourself have learned.

Hopefully for all our sakes someone will learn something before it's to freaking late.

I will always love that song you posted

Still brings a shiver up my spine each time I listen.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

What do you disagree with?

It is an age old question, Jesse is hardly the first to ask it.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Santana did an AWESOME cover for it.

Ironically enough, that song was written for the Vietnam war and I had to learn the lesson taught in the song first hand as it appears your brother is now going to learn.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Silly question, they don't even send their children to public school.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yep the scenario has happened before .

The proper term is " Mission creep " .

I was going to play Credence too! Actually I was half expecting it in the OP's video ? ( whoever the hell it is doesn't matter to me )

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
What a #ing joke.

First I doubt it is "Jesse Ventura".

Jesse has been posting here for years, so I'm not quite sure why you would doubt.

On the other hand I see you just signed up to ATS, so welcome. We have had, and still have many famous people frequent ATS, and they IMO don't get any special treatment.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think if they had children in the military they would as an example of a "we're all in this together" type thing, but you can bet they would be very far from any danger

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What an incredibly stupid animal we are. If we were half as smart as we think we are, we would learn from our past blunders. We’ve gotten ourselves so entangled in this murderous web in the middle east that we’ve totally lost our minds. Every step we take, we get set back by 2 more; it just keeps escalating. Eventually someone’s going to get the bright idea that conventional warfare just isn’t enough to resolve the multitude of issues in the ME, and that the Nagasaki Shuffle is the only viable solution.

There’s a song by Randy Newman that I think says it all. It’s called Let's Drop the Big One Now.

If we had a brain in our heads, we’d say, “Sorry about all the murder and destruction guys, but we gotta go now”. And then we’d pack up and get the hell outta there. Let them sort out the monster we awoke. We’ve got roads and bridges to fix here at home.

Peace...

edit on 7/6/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have always said any politician who votes succesfully for war should have a eligible family member enlisted into the army.

If you champion war then fight it with your own blood.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
you know a funny story is that John Fogerty finagled his way into a Army Reserve unit and only pulled six months active duty in the states,whereas the person the song was written about (David Eisenhower grandson of Dwight D. Eisenhower) volunteered and served three years active duty while in the Navy Reserve.

sounds kinda hypocritical to me.

another thing, i'll have to see if i can find it the link for it. two reasons why supposedly lawmakers sons didn't serve or avoid service.
one was during that era most congressmen were 40 plus, very few had children or grandchildren between 18 and 26 years old.

of the 234 House of Representatives and Senate members that did have children within age range just a little over half 118 took college deferments to avoid serving, just like the thousands of others that did.

or the reports i've read of close to 70,000 that hit the road to Canada or Mexico. never heard of the first congressmens child that did.

edit on 6-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: oh i forgot to mention that the song was written because he didn't like nixion, and used David Eisenhower becuase he married nixion's daughter. the song was written in 1969, three years after John Fogerty did his finagling.
edit on 6-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
Can't disagree with you there, crazyewok. On top of that, If we put boots on the ground I think that every MSM station should be required to report/show every killing in bloody detail to the American audience. We should have to see exactly what it is we're allowing our crazed, lunatic leaders to do. After all, we are implicitly condoning it by voting these delusional criminals into office.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join