It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleric said to be behind Tunisian beach massacre is living on benefits in Britain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
wow!

We have another Fanatic cleric living in London off Tax-payers money and this guy recieves 50k a year to live here on benefits in a 1 million pound house... yes, you heard that right... 1 Million pound house!

Every tax payer in this country is supporting him and his Terrorist friends. And each one of them should now feel slightly guilty over the shootings in Tunisia!

This is just unbelievable. The country is a laughing stock... the Government a laughing stock!

Many like him taking the peee here.

A leader of the terrorist group suspected of being behind the Tunisian beach massacre is living on benefits in Britain. Hani al-Sibai, an al-Qaeda cleric suspected of radicalising "Jihadi John", lives in a £1 million house leafy street in fashionable west London. He is said to be one of the "key influencers" of the Islamic fanatics believed to have recruited and trained gunman Seifeddine Rezgui. Egyptian-born al-Sibai, 54, reportedly lives on £50,000 a year in handouts, disability living allowance, with his wife and five children.

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Why did they only mention Disability Living Allowance?

People on the highest component for DLA receive nowhere near 50k per year.

Sounds like an attempt at demonising the disabled benefits system amidst outrage about a cleric.
If you read between the lines that is.

I'd like to know where in West London he had a million pound house...
Must be a council house.

Overall, I didn't see any proof that he radicalised anyone or a provable link to the gunman.
No saying he didn't or doesn't, just wondering where they got this idea from.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes, i was just about to add in my OP that there is no proof at this point but all the speculation is he is involved..

Hopefully, he will be arrested and questioned.. and if found guilty... kicked out of here like 'Hamza' was.. and his wife and kids because if they have been listening to him, they too will be radacalised and grow up to be in some 'Terrorist' Organisation against us.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I reckon the Government get paid directly from 'Saudi' to take these fanatics in here...

If they've known all this time that he is affiliated with 'terror groups, why is he still living here??

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You may be right.

However I think it should be case by case, or its collective punishment.

They may be in fear of their lives if they speak out while he is around.

(His family I mean)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That's the whole point.

If they had something concrete he would be gone.

Unless he fits the bill for the Intel agencies and government to keep around.
Seems pretty obvious what brand of Islam they want the masses to hear about.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Why jump to so many conclusions about his family if we don't know what he has done and we know nothing about them? Sounds like more demonizing of a cleric (and his family).

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I wonder how and why there hasn't been any other attacks in this Country since 7/7. It's as if the Government get paid to keep quiet about these guys living here and in return they won't attack us here..

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

Sorry but thats what the News Article says about him so i'm guessing his Family know about his practices (well at least the wife does).

I need to go do some other stuff but i'll be back later..

And just to add, I'm only posting what is written in the 'Daily Telegraph' and thats normally a middle of the road paper.

edit on CDTMon, 06 Jul 2015 11:01:55 -05000000003111x155x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Good point.

Or vice versa...

The government pay them to keep a lid on it and no attacks within our borders.

One to think about for sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Still.... the fact remains that he's living i a 1 Million pound house in West London recieving benefits!

Thats enough to get people up in arms!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

And the only two sources for this are the Daily Mail and the Telegraph, both right-wing trash rags in this country known for making up bs and exaggerating everything to give the nutty conservative crowd their five minutes of hate while munching on their breakfast.

While I entirely agree that people like this should be removed from this country, when things are reported by either of these trash rags they cannot be taken as entirely factual or correct.

Notice they repeatedly say "reported to be", and "said to be" - this means they have basically been told these things by someone (or just made it up), and have no sources to quote.

I'm not saying it's all wrong, it would not surprise me if it was partly true, but you need to take these reports with a BUCKET of salt.

And, it might also be worth noting that there's every chance this man is being monitored 24/7 and providing GCHQ with a wealth of intel without him knowing it. Perhaps not going after him aggressively is a benefit to us nationally?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If this is true I say he needs a vacation .

He should definitely spend some time in the Caribbean .

My first suggestion for a destination is Club Gitmo. While I don't fully support the facility. I am a practical man and I figure if it's still there we might as well use it especially if this SOB did what is claimed. Give a Zealot due process first. Then if found guilty show him he is right. That there certainly is a vengeful God !!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I wonder how and why there hasn't been any other attacks in this Country since 7/7. It's as if the Government get paid to keep quiet about these guys living here and in return they won't attack us here..

Come on, you can't be serious.
You do know we have something called GCHQ, right? You do know we have an army of intelligence staff working around the clock to monitor individuals, their communications, and to act when they need to, right?

Maybe we haven't had any significant successful attacks in this country since 7/7 because those staff are actually doing their jobs and doing them damn well?

People look at things like this and because they can't see all the work going on by our agencies they seem to manufacture all kinds of nonsense in their own heads.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Why should British taxpayers feel guilty that their government is using their money to support this guy?

Do the taxpayers vote on each benefits application or something?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Why should British taxpayers feel guilty that their government is using their money to support this guy?

Do the taxpayers vote on each benefits application or something?

For people ike him they should be allowed to vote on whether he recieves Benefits... yes.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Ok... i guess I'm posting in anger at this story and may have gone overboard with my 'Conspiratorial' Mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Doesn't really answer the question as to why taxpayers should feel guilty?

I get mad at the government when I come across a welfare queen. I don't get mad at my neighbor for paying his taxes.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I wouldn't say there is a feeling of guilt...
Mainly just outrage.

Some faux, some agreeable.

We don't get to vote on anything but who represents us.

The day regular votes over what community money is spent on ended, is a day democracy died a death. imo.

Now you have to find a politician who will do your bidding, rather than actually have a full say in the matter.

Is your benefits/welfare system the same?
Or do you have a say in it?
edit on 6-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Christ no it's not any better. Which is why I'm perplexed as to why a taxpayer should feel shame over it. Being pissed off at the government for spending your tax dollars (or pounds, as it were) is one thing but feeling personally culpable? Pfft. Hardly.

There's people who make it their "job" to scam the system. Their "job" is to get as many benefits as they can. And by and large, the case workers who review applications are overworked that they don't have time to follow up in detail on every last little tidbit.

Like anything else, there are underachievers and overachievers in the field. But people still manage to game the system for months and occasionally years on end. Taxpayers don't have a vote in it, beyond trying to elect somebody who says they'll fix it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join