It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fried bologna

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
thats right.

im not big on bologna on a sammy but let me tell you, fried bologna is the jam.....if its good bologna

any fans? if so, what brands do you like?

i cant mess with the sugardale crap....it is slim picking around here but the all beef eckerich is good and there is a brand with a german name, i cant remember it but it is pretty good too.

my ex wifes parents used to go down to pikeville kentucky a couple times a year and they would always load me up with several pounds of think cut bologna they picked up down there. i dont know where they got it but it was the best i ever had.

i cant help but love the stuff when it is fried. i know bologna is garbage, but it tastes so good.

any fans? what brands you like?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
any fans? what brands you like?

I like to do that with imported Mortadella.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Fried bologna on white bread smothered in mayo... brings back memories...

like uncle putting it in a cooler and driving around on a summer day with no air conditioning and opening the cooler with the windows up a few hours later... the smell is ...indescribable.

Nothing, except for a bottle of tequila drunk in 20 minutes, has made me projectile vomit like that loathsome, greasy concoction from middle America.

But I know there are some that love it... you may keep it... every last sweaty, slimy piece.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Fried bologna with mustard and some really fresh bread is a fav of mine.
I am not picky on the brand...just picky on the fresh bread,it HAS to be fresh.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I like it fried, too. Slap some cheese on it and it's chow time!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
As a long time connoisseur of hillbilly filet mignon . I have found out that the brand matters very little .

I prefer mine with white bread, sweet onions and mustard and a slice of liverwurst.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I've never tried it with liverwurst. That sounds good. Have you tried it with Braunschweiger?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I LOVE fried bologna sammy too! I say this with absolute NO shame. Ya gotta remember to cut the vent so it doesn't roll up or curl to fry unevenly.

Only thing I love more is a fried potato sammy on white bread, red onion, mayo, mustard. OMG! I am salavating now.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

it matters to me. i have ad brands that i do not like at all.

i just went and got 2 lbs. the brand i was talking about is wunderbarr. thats what i grabbed.

eckerich makes a garlic flavor that is not good at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

In my neck of the woods Braunschweiger and liverwurst are the same thing? There's a semi-local place that will make a deep fried bologna sandwich . My god that thing is so good you can hear your arteries hardening . Lol

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

When I moved to the South from California, this is one of the few things that disgusted me to no end--well, at least intrigued me, as I have a pretty strong stomach.

Another thing was the group of elderly black ladies who would hold "Honk for Jesus!" signs at the corner by the McDonald's while speaking in tongues.

They probably eat fried bologna.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I can respect your pallet I just don't feel the same way. Have you ever tried deer baloney . I swear to god it is the closest you can come to eating West Virginia .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I like fried Ring Balogna. You cut some quarter inch thick round slices and toss them in the pan and brown them. Goes great with toast and also with eggs for breakfast. A good quality product is always better, I prefer Vollwerth's. I know many of the people making it and they eat it.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Fried bologna , cheese , mustard . I do not eat this but about twice a year. One of my favorites though

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Another thing was the group of elderly black ladies who would hold "Honk for Jesus!" signs at the corner by the McDonald's while speaking in tongues.

Those are just Southern Baptist. As you adjust to Southern life you will ignore them like everyone else does.

They're just doing what comes natural to Baptist. Remember a good Baptist is always up in everybody else's Sh**.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It's good but you need to buy a deli-roll so you can slice it in half to three quarter inch slices to fry or grill. I like the all beef variety. It does make a good sandwich or a meat dish. Of course there is Tom T Hall - A Week In A Country Jail, he sings about hot baloney, eggs and gravy.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Oh too funny. I love em. I like fried beef Bologna on whole wheat bread with good old plain mustard. It too reminds me of my childhood.

I also used to really love fried Spam sandwiches, but now not so much.

Skid Mark thanks for Weird Al, I love that guy.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Fried sweet Lebanon style bologna with Miracle Whip and potato chips on white bread.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I ignored them then, and still 13 years into living in the South, I still ignore them.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yep that's another thing about Southern Baptist . Most things you ignore will go away but not Southern Baptist .

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join