It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I should be ranting but I'm not. Here's why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Long story short...

Had an idea and wrote a post. It's here.

Then in my facebook feed I see this. yournews source

Pretty much ripped it directly. I don't care. Why? Because I'm not looking for compensation and I want this information, as imperfect as it is, to get out. So there's my non-rant.

be well, stay critical.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Doesn't the copyright of content we post here ultimately reside with The Above Network LLC? If so, they might have a copyright infringement lawsuit to follow up upon here.

edit on 7/6/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Copy catting is the sheerest form of flattery… I guess thats why you're almost ranting?

You could sue I suppose, if you copyrighted it beforehand.

I would be tickled if someone carried something I said far and wide. Thats what we want, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'd find out who "Sean Adl-Tabatabai
Editor-in-chief at Your News Wire"
is here on ATS and let him know what a twat he is.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This isn't the first time. Usually I only notice others opinions or reasearched information verbatim and my thoughts always go to the author needing to understand the value of the paraphrase. Or at the very least the importance of citation.

I'm irritated for you. How hard is it to type that information was brought to the writers attention by a person at a place?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am cracking up at the title, yet the post is in the rants section.

S+F just because of the oxymoron. LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I contacted them concerning this. Having worked in the news industry for a few years, I know that credibility is a big deal, as is citing sources. That site needs to know that one of their writers may be lacking originality and not citing his sources.

We'll see if anything comes of it...it's an honesty thing, for me. I let them know I wasn't the author of the post, so they won't think it's you--well, they shouldn't think the email came from you.

SM

top topics

join