It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

750,000 Tons of Smuggled Frozen Meat Seized In China Smuggled From United States, Australia and Urug

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Indigent

They started finding that last year. One of the biggest restaurant suppliers in China got busted last year for using meat that fell on the floor, workers not using gloves, and taking old meat and repackaging it with a new expiration date.

could we change the headline to 750,000 tons for accuracy?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

That IS legal imports. They might not be able to put enough out there that everyone can get as much as they want, so people are getting it through the black market.

Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we found out China was responsible for 750,000 tons of illegal smuggled meat into the USA. You bet homeland security would be all over it as it could be a potential trojan horse type of attack, or a soft kill. There have been cases of virus chickens smuggled into China before, just saying anything is possible. Of course I would hope not, but it looks fishy as all heck. It has to be a big opperation to get so much meat over there and illegally smuggling it via various countries. . . . . It looks pretty bad to me. . . .

But meat is smuggled in to the US from all over the world, and homeland security is all over it...
CBP AQI

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigal7997

That IS legal imports. They might not be able to put enough out there that everyone can get as much as they want, so people are getting it through the black market.

Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and we found out China was responsible for 750,000 tons of illegal smuggled meat into the USA. You bet homeland security would be all over it as it could be a potential trojan horse type of attack, or a soft kill. There have been cases of virus chickens smuggled into China before, just saying anything is possible. Of course I would hope not, but it looks fishy as all heck. It has to be a big opperation to get so much meat over there and illegally smuggling it via various countries. . . . . It looks pretty bad to me. . . .

But meat is smuggled in to the US from all over the world, and homeland security is all over it...
CBP AQI

Nice catch! But i have to wonder if its really possible to defend against bio weapons sent in the form of viruses and such.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

HooHaa!
The original source of that
meat may very well have been
Fukushima Prefecture,
or thereabouts.

YumYum

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

CBP AQI

Nice catch! But i have to wonder if its really possible to defend against bio weapons sent in the form of viruses and such.

Thanks, but it's mostly security theater. Just enough is caught to show Congress something is being done. If a bio weapon were to be smuggled in, it would just be fodder for increasing an already bloated budget...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

CBP AQI

Thanks, but it's mostly security theater. Just enough is caught to show Congress something is being done. If a bio weapon were to be smuggled in, it would just be fodder for increasing an already bloated budget...

I got a bad feeling about this one, 750,000 tons of smuggled illegal meat. . . . .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join