It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-Life Vantage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Each of you have lived before.

And each of you will live again.

Yet this revelation is anathema to those with an ulterior agenda--because the human power structures throughout this planet depend greatly upon you viewing reality along a more truncated perspective.

Through making the mistake of seeing your life as an isolated event, through subscribing unto spiritually stifling cultural memes like YOLO (you only live once), the individual has an incentive to behave in unethical fashion to experience much as possible throughout a singular experience within this material reality.

Think about it: If truly you believe that you live only once, if genuinely you subscribe unto the view that past death lurks nothingness, then the strictures upon your morality become few. And your incentive towards greed grows vast.

For without one believing in cosmic repercussions for misdeeds, all bets are off. No longer does anything restrain the individual from amoral behavior--and that situation grows exceedingly virulent for those who mistakenly think they only have a single life to experience everything they desire.

Hungry, vile, vociferous, and cruel--the animal in us arises upon subscribing unto this concept of spiritual scarcity. In thinking that this life is the only life one will experience, the individual gains a powerful incentive to cram it full of peak experiences, even at the cost of causing others pain or committing unethical acts along that road.

Only by seeing this illusion can that spell be broken. Only by viewing reality along a greater timeline can one maintain genuine patience and perspective.

And only by examining reality along a multi-life vantage can one truly start mastering this game of life.

Skilled chess players look far ahead before making any move--calculating the position of the board well into the future. And to get the best experience across this life and all your others, that same strategy you should utilize when making decisions throughout reality.

Assume you'll live again. Assume your choices in this existence will have karmic impact upon your future realities. Then plan your moves well in advance to steer you towards your material and spiritual goals.

Thus, use every opportunity in this life to set up the next. Do good things, help people daily, refrain from misdeeds--and thereby accrue a wealth of karma so vast it can purchase you any future reality you want.

Note this isn't a justification for sloth. This isn't an excuse to accomplish less than your potential.

This is a method that will, in time, allow you to acquire everything you've ever desired.

Prudent individual start investing money well before they reach retirement age, allowing them to have enough capital for the rest of this life.

And those same prudent individuals should also be saving karma for their next existence--thus letting them experience whatever life they want.

Consider this current life as an opportunity to acquire as much karmic wealth as possible. View this ongoing reality as an opportunity to build as large a celestial bank account as possible.

Through a long string of moral deeds, use this existence to set up the next--and never will you be disappointed with your eventual rewards.

Start examining reality along a multi-life vantage.

Start preparing for your next life today.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

But our lives are isolated events. I believe in the possibility of reincarnation, but I have no evidences to support that belief. In which case, should one not be better off to make the most of one's life, with the assumption that one only gets to live once?

Thus, if one reincarnates and is proven wrong (in one's assumption that one only live once), then one will have not missed out on anything, and if one does not reincarnate (and thus is proven right), then one will still have not missed out on anything.

Though-provoking OP nonetheless, S&F!

edit on 6-7-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
But our lives are isolated events. I believe in the possibility of reincarnation, but I have no evidences to support that belief. In which case, should one not be better off to make the most of one's life, with the assumption that one only gets to live once?

Thanks!

I'm of the opinion that we should make the most of this life... within ethical and moral boundaries.

Do everything possible, experience everything you can, use your body to the limit of its potential. But in all circumstances always keep accruing good karma against the very real possibility that you might be called upon to live again. That's my view.

The problem I have with philosophies like YOLO is they remove celestial ethical constraints from the decision-making process. There's no need to fear cosmic repercussion if there's no cosmic repercussion to fear--if that makes sense.

Hope that clarifies my stance a little, and hope you have a great day!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

But in all circumstances always keep accruing good karma against the very real possibility that you might be called upon to live again. That's my view.

Good point, reminds me of Pascal's Wager.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So you're saying that if we had the proof that this life was the only one, you would suddenly want to harm and hurt others ? You are saying that belief in an after-life (and also 'before-life' in the case of karma) is the only thing that prevents us from acting like serial killers ? You're saying that if people want to be good with others it's only because they fear the punishment ?

You are giving the same argument as those who believe it's god who gave us moral guidance through the 10 commandments.

But what about empathy ? This device that permits us to feel what others feel, to suffer what they suffer ? To know that there are things we shouldn't do unto others because we know how that feels ? Empathy is natural, no need to invent cosmic meaning for it to do its job. Morality is natural.

Are you more interested in the truth, or more in what your beliefs bring to you as a human being ?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

So you're saying that if we had the proof that this life was the only one, you would suddenly want to harm and hurt others ? You are saying that belief in an after-life (and also 'before-life' in the case of karma) is the only thing that prevents us from acting like serial killers ? You're saying that if people want to be good with others it's only because they fear the punishment ?

No, I sure wouldn't.

But a ton of people would be more willing to step on each others toes if they knew with certainty there weren't any cosmic repercussions.

And I'm sure not saying everyone who's good is only such because they fear punishment. There are a ton of people who do good things simply because they enjoy doing good things.

Sadly, however, that doesn't apply to the vast majority of people... yet.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I re-read your OP and it seems to me you're being very categoric in it :

Hungry, vile, vociferous, and cruel--the animal in us arises upon subscribing unto this concept of spiritual scarcity

Only by seeing this illusion can that spell be broken. Only by viewing reality along a greater timeline can one maintain genuine patience and perspective.

For without one believing in cosmic repercussions for misdeeds, all bets are off. No longer does anything restrain the individual from amoral behavior--and that situation grows exceedingly virulent for those who mistakenly think they only have a single life to experience everything they desire.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
Each of you have lived before.

And each of you will live again.

Yet this revelation is anathema to those with an ulterior agenda--because the human power structures throughout this planet depend greatly upon you viewing reality along a more truncated perspective.

Through making the mistake of seeing your life as an isolated event, through subscribing unto spiritually stifling cultural memes like YOLO (you only live once), the individual has an incentive to behave in unethical fashion to experience much as possible throughout a singular experience within this material reality.

Think about it: If truly you believe that you live only once, if genuinely you subscribe unto the view that past death lurks nothingness, then the strictures upon your morality become few. And your incentive towards greed grows vast.

Hungry, vile, vociferous, and cruel--the animal in us arises upon subscribing unto this concept of spiritual scarcity. In thinking that this life is the only life one will experience, the individual gains a powerful incentive to cram it full of peak experiences, even at the cost of causing others pain or committing unethical acts along that road.

And only by examining reality along a multi-life vantage can one truly start mastering this game of life.

Skilled chess players look far ahead before making any move--calculating the position of the board well into the future. And to get the best experience across this life and all your others, that same strategy you should utilize when making decisions throughout reality.

Assume you'll live again. Assume your choices in this existence will have karmic impact upon your future realities. Then plan your moves well in advance to steer you towards your material and spiritual goals.

Thus, use every opportunity in this life to set up the next. Do good things, help people daily, refrain from misdeeds--and thereby accrue a wealth of karma so vast it can purchase you any future reality you want.

Note this isn't a justification for sloth. This isn't an excuse to accomplish less than your potential.

This is a method that will, in time, allow you to acquire everything you've ever desired.

Prudent individual start investing money well before they reach retirement age, allowing them to have enough capital for the rest of this life.

And those same prudent individuals should also be saving karma for their next existence--thus letting them experience whatever life they want.

Consider this current life as an opportunity to acquire as much karmic wealth as possible. View this ongoing reality as an opportunity to build as large a celestial bank account as possible.

Through a long string of moral deeds, use this existence to set up the next--and never will you be disappointed with your eventual rewards.

Start examining reality along a multi-life vantage.

This is Pascal's wager.

I do not believe in God, the afterlife, Karma, or reincarnation. I still have social morals and empathy for others. So that pretty much debunks your entire premise. On the flipside, i know people who DO believe in all of the gobbledy-goop, who do not express social morals and empathy. So that also debunks your premise. The idea of karma neither promotes or prohibits people from doing what they want.

My point being that what you think others believe and what they will do without (your version of) propper guidence, is generally not what will play out. You believe in what you believe because it is how you rationalize your own existence. When you express your fear that others would act immoral without some fear of kosmic karma steering their decisions, you are really just expressing your fear of falling off of your own path of acceptable behavior. That is quite normal, and i also have fears of being in a situation where i have to choose the lesser of two evils.

With all of that being said, Pascal's wager can be applied to just about any decision and is never a good reason to believe things without evidence and proper vetting.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What if there is no karma, no physical reality as we know it and more importantly no time. Someone once explained to me that reality isn't really real. What we perceive as reality and movements in time are just rules created by a collection of souls to experience and maybe learn from. Our reality from what I can understand is very much like "one" living simulation out of possibly infinite simulations that souls draws their experience from. Souls as was explained to me are much like multi core CPUs that can process multiple simulations all at once. Time and space as we know it, only exists here in our simulation, our soul can experience multiple timelines in multiple simulations ... some of the past, some of the present or future, and many of realities and worlds we cannot even dream of. I would of thought the person was crazy if not for the fact that I have so much respect for her.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Fascinating perspectives so far... I'm loving them all.

Keep 'em coming, please!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

Been doing that for the past 15 years ever since i saw my whole life (past, present and future here on this world) summarized in one single ink bowl vision.

You know when the next world begins and spirits that are destined to journey together; it is going to be the most epic adventure that they could ever imagine. Instead of seeing new lands infront of them, they will see a story unraveling before their very own eyes. Maybe they both play a major role, maybe they play a side role. But in the end, they will always be happy together.

Everyday, no matter what the new world throws at them, they will always be happy when journeying together.

Even a pagan witch and a possessed Christian can journey together because true spiritual love holds no boundaries.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Tristran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ugh dude stop trying to turn your drug trips into some grand life design

you were high get over it

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Great advice, thanks for that!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

dont thank me . get help. stop peddling your nonsense.

most importantly stop using drugs as a way to clear you conscious

you dont have it good because of some past life and dying children dont have it bad because of their past live

you have it good because those kids have it bad

thats the truth

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Awesome, have a great day!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I dont subscribe to Karma - its another trick to keep you from claiming your sovereignty

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Karma is evil

Even in the astral world, one is subjected to the astral "laws" of karma.

Astral beings are forced to re-incarnate again and again for reasons that are based upon lies. In the astral, one is forced or coaxed into believing that one has to do this or that in order to rid oneself of astral debts in order to attain liberation from the astral rebirths.

If this is true, one has the horrible task of ridding oneself of the unjust karma. It is unjust because, contrary to its claim, karma is not administered fairly, even though its main claim is that "you reap what you sow." This is not always true. Karma is carried out in such a way as to make sure the true beings are always being disadvantaged.

There are, however, some loopholes and means of bypassing or modifying karma, but few know of these or are capable of using them. Unless there is some special intervention by those who can avoid karma, astral beings are stuck in the endless and pointless cycle of birth and re-birth. This perpetual cycle forces being to move from the astral to the physical and back again, endlessly.

Whether a being is in the physical or in the astral, that being is incurring karmic debts.

These debts are impossible to repay under the evil system. Trying to pay off physical and astral debts is like attempting to pay off a perpetual mortgage for the soul. The evil lords of Karma extract such high interest that nobody can pay off his/her debts.

As an example, according to the law of karma, it is believed by many that if "X" assists a disabled person, "X" could be interfering with that person's karma, hence "X" would be punished with karmic debt for the interference.

On the other hand, if "X" doesn't assist the disabled person, "X" could also be blamed for not assisting, and also incur karmic debt. How can "X" or anyone else know whether to act or not according to another's karma? "X" cannot know. Karma is a capricious system; it is devoid of justice. Even the purest of heart can and probably will be strapped with infinite karmic debt in this evil creation.

Some believe that a spiritual guru on this plane can advance to the point that he or she can wipe off his or her karma in just a few lifetimes. This is absurd. Apart from the Rescuers of the Light such as the Amoebas, nobody leaves this plane except through the loophole and etc. described earlier.

In the astral, one soon learns that everything is based on thoughts. Thus, the astral beings can use their thoughts for good or evil. They can delude themselves by creating thought forms which appear to be real and continue to live in that illusion until the bubble breaks or until they become bored and restless.

By chasing desire rather than needs you set yourself up for karma in your karmic world view. If what you state has any merit there would be no real suffering, as there is now, after countless generations of karma-payback. The world would have reached an equilibrium.

new topics

top topics

join