It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earthers - Here is your answer ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24
My 9 yr old daughter was on youtube. A recommended video came up on flat earth.
So she took a look. She came to me and said " Dad, do you know some people still believe the earth is flat ?"
Then she said, They are wrong, if the world is flat !
The whole world would be, day time or night time at the same time . no in-between
Then she said, " It's that simple"
I hope that solves your answers, a 9 yr old figured it out.

I applaud her for her logic, but she's forgetting that light is only visible in the daytime, it can't be seen at night. So, even for a flat earth, it will still be dark in the areas where it is nighttime.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

just WTF ??????????? your iognrance of basic physics is astounding

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

just WTF ??????????? your iognrance of basic physics is astounding

It's absolutely true. And it's easy to prove.

Step outside and night time and tell me exactly how much sunlight you can see.

Q.E.D.

If that isn't science in action, I really don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I see quite a big of sunlight most nights, reflecting off of the moon.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

right - simple challenge - explain how the day / night cycle works on an alledged flat earth - without magic

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I applaud her for her logic, but she's forgetting that light is only visible in the daytime, it can't be seen at night.

So we don't see light at night?

Well do you see your computer screen at night when your using it...because if so your seeing light at night.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

right - simple challenge - explain how the day / night cycle works on an alledged flat earth - without magic

I have asked why we don't see all of the Earth's landmasses in the same view when looking at pic from space...still waiting on that myself.

So I don't expect yours to be explained anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I thought it was fairly self-explanatory, but it works in exactly the same way for you "round earthers". The sun is up in the sky and can be seen during the day when it's light. Then, when it gets dark, we're not able to see the light anymore because it's too dark to see anything.

I'm not sure how this is supposed to be confusing?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I have asked why we don't see all of the Earth's landmasses in the same view when looking at pic from space...still waiting on that myself.

So I don't expect yours to be explained anytime soon.

Because you can only see the parts where it's daytime. Obviously. The bits that are in their nighttime are too dark for you to see them. Oh, and camera artifacts.

You need to remember to apply Occam's razor to these situations. Whichever answer requires the least number of assumptions is most likely to be correct. So, you can either go with round-earth, which includes a whole range of assumptions - mostly relating to science and physics etc - or you can go with flat-earth, which only requires you to make a single assumption - that I'm right. Occam's razor cuts in my favour, clearly.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

sigh

nothing about flat earth claims is " self explainatory "

here is a CGI vid that reflect observations of the terminator line :

explain that using flat earth mechanics

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

here is a CGI vid that reflect observations of the terminator line :

Oh, I wouldn't go so far as to say they use CGI. I'm not suggesting people are deliberately faking the earth-from-space photos, I'm not some conspiracy nut or anything. I just think it's a genuine mistake from optical illusions, camera artifacts etc.

I can completely understand why people get confused with the space photos. If you don't realise what you're looking at, it does make the world look kinda round.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

I thought it was fairly self-explanatory, but it works in exactly the same way for you "round earthers". The sun is up in the sky and can be seen during the day when it's light. Then, when it gets dark, we're not able to see the light anymore because it's too dark to see anything.

hey bob...

have you ever looked through a telescope ?

the moon is round , other planets are round .

why would the earth not be round ?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

hey bob...

Hi Kapusta.

(i) Yes

(ii) They look like 2D circles.

(iii) It just doesn't seem to fit the facts. Call it "intuition" if you will, but the more I read, the more I realise there is no actual real evidence of the world being round. I think round-earthers are like the astronomical versions of the "Noah's Flood" devotees - they've set their mind to it and will interpret everything in their favour, no matter how much mental gymnastics are needed. I prefer to keep an open mind and listen to what the science is telling us.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Can you please provide me with reading material on this .

I am curious.

Thanks

Kap

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Couple of questions for the round guys. I myself leaning more toward the flat people.
Explain to me why Antarctic is off limits to everyone but a few, explain why no one cares about the rain forest, no cares about the ocean, no one cares about anything else on this planet. But no less than short of a miracle, many countries come together to protect the south pole, form the Ats and turn off gps around the south pole. Why do you not feel the speed of the earth's spin, but a ride at the local fair makes you dizzy. How did the apollo get through the Van Allen Belt? Just a few of my questions. Please help overcome this believe in the round earth theory. Don't want to be label a stupid doo doo head, but don't see any definitive reasons to believe in the round earth theory.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Why fly when you can ski?

There several ski trips offered to the South Pole.

Because all travel there is restricted... go ahead and pay for the ski trip and they will keep you in a certain area and you won't be allowed anywhere near the "south pole" because the "south pole" doesn't exist - according to Flat Earthers.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Some people beleve that the universe is a 2d hologram. Renowned theoretical physicits. So in that case the world would be flat. Who's right? Who knows, but it's not all as cut and dry as you may think.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pop4life
Couple of questions for the round guys. I myself leaning more toward the flat people.
Explain to me why Antarctic is off limits to everyone but a few.

It's not. But certain parts of it are, just like anywhere else in the world. We have plenty of locations right under our noses in the EU and The U.S that are off limots to all but a very few. That doesn't mean however that all of the EU, or U.S is off limits.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: EvillerBob

hey bob...

Those are all basic questions that are answered by the Concave Earth theory, which is a sort of "friend" of the Flat Earth theory, but only so far as they are both enemies of the rambunctious Round Earthers.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Because you can only see the parts where it's daytime. Obviously. The bits that are in their nighttime are too dark for you to see them.

If the Earth is basically flat, like a disc, explain to the class how it's daylight for about half of the world and night for the other half.

This question is of course open to all who think flat Earth 'theories' should be taken seriously.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join