It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earthers - Here is your answer ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

IMO you are not getting the point... this is not a believe... these are facts!

if we are playing football we are using a ball, not a frisbee

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: matt1893
Where is your imagination? Open your mind to the possibilities of everything.

One man's ball is another man's Frisbee.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: matt1893

And?

If your idealistic desire is to limit yourself, who am I to stop you.
edit on 7/8/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The difference between now and 500 yrs ago is that people had way more imagination than they do now. Nowadays, people just suck in and spew out what they're told without even thinking of any kind of possibilty beyond what we think we know now.

No, the difference from 500 years ago and now is the advancement of technology and general education. People have plenty of imagination, just as much as they did then. You can imagine the clouds are made out of cotton candy all day, but that does not make it so. There are plenty of things that can be left to the imagination. People have built their very inventions on the hope of making something possible, and they ended up achieving that. But when it comes to the flat Earth theory, it's been proven time and time again it's flat out wrong.

And you do know that people each day are pushing the boundaries, making discoveries, and testing new ideas right? People aren't just sitting around in old information. We've been building on it for quite sometime now. So I'm failing to see how the second sentence makes much sense.

Humanity are becoming robotic they have no desire to dream or even think beyond what is possible. I grew up believing that ALL things were possible, and that the mind is powerful.

I'd say the exact contrary actually. That's literally the product of all the technology we have. If we had nobody thinking beyond what was possible, how do you explain automobiles, phones, computers, light bulbs, guns, televisions, and so on?

Believing every little thing is possible is cute, but it's not realistic. If you were to believe anything is possible, I wouldn't advise plummeting to Earth without a parachute, trying to float around in space without a spacesuit, or swimming deep underwater without and kind of gear. There are limitations in this world. Weather or not you, me, or anyone else likes it.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

Yeah yeah ok.. there were also Artists with which cannot be compared today.

There was also a lot less frigging drama due to no Internet or cel phones. Pick your era. Pick your poison. The point is from the time i was a child to now? Holy Carp... People actually played outdoors and climbed trees, now? It's a full on nanny state.

And honestly.. I don't care what you believe. Flat Round Square who really cares because in the end it's all electrons protons and atoms tossed together with quarks and what not. The Drama and argumentation of round earthers who fight against flat earthers is totally ridiculous, and often much more hard core than flat earth believers, they defend it as vehemently if not much much more than their opposers trying to gain the right to be right or to win some kind of Kingship by declaring themselves right? Why? What does it matter? Do you actually think your opinion matters in the end? honestly not yours mine or Bobs matters because people will always believe what they wish, and this place you believe is Solid and real will forever blind you from seeing things any other way than what you wish to see. I don't want technology, there is more here than that, just because i can see it and you can't doesn't make me wrong and you right.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why? What does it matter? Who the christ almighty cares. Do you actually think your opinion matters in the end? It doesn't.

If that's your opinion, then why are you arguing your opinion on the matter?

And btw starring your own Post doesn't make you appear more intelligent or special ... just saying

That's just silly. I happen to know for a fact your accusation is baseless. Ask me how I know.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Why am i arguing my opinion if it doesn't matter? Because i've had four hrs of sleep and im drinking that's why.

ah well i deleted that last one. So that doesn't count

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
How do you know?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

How do you know?

The post has one star. It's from me. That's how I KNEW you were wrong.

Not everything is merely opinion. Some things can be known. Like the evidence the Earth is not flat, for example.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you are talking about "flat earthers " in the sens of religious belief . Then I can tell you their is allot of people here who don't understand the religious text .

Example : In the quran it says Allah (god) Made the earth flat for men .

Now if one looks at the hadith associated with that ayat (verse ) it goes into more detail .

It says Allah made the earth flat for men to walk on . going even further into the hadith and ayat one will find that Allah explains that the earth is indeed round and he created the ground flat for man to walk on .

Their are many verses like this that may seem out of this world to us on first glance , but with further examination one will find the true meaning of the verse .

I am sure this applys in other religions and texts as well...

Kap

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Fine fine, you're right i'm wrong, good day.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Maybe it's flat, with a Dome over it?

Domed Earth

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
Here is a model of the flat earth.

excellent video...I want someone to give me an explanation as to why this was an official map in 1892

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

They're definiately hiding something. Maybe it has to do with the Arctic Wall and that no one is allowed to go there except the Elite numbnuts who control everything because gawd forbid we might actually use our brains and suggest thing's that they don't agree with. btw interesting Vids!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the flat earth claim is :

a curious mixture of utter stupidity , blatant dishonesty and willfull ignorance .

further i have yet to encounter a flat earth claimant who wasnt also a bat-crap crazy religious zealot

hey, hey, hey, don't describe our members that way, it's embarrassing for the rest of us critical-thinkers.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Your intellectual commentary becomes us.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

And this one regarding Wernher Von Braun, A former Nazi SS Officer who, also helped create ballistic missiles with the help of concentration camp slaves was now, two decades later, suddenly working for Nasa? How can this be?

And they want us to believe them? That's like asking us to believe in the tooth fairy.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I also don't believe in laughing and mocking people based on what they believe makes you appear smarter, that's all. You don't know anymore about the world than you've been spoon fed so why lord it over others? I don't believe anything here is Solid and set in stone, but if you do fine, i'm not going to laugh and point fingers in your general direction that's just infantile.

because that is what this website has become it's ok to make reference to being dumb,stupid and ignorant and completely shamed for discussing the possibility of the flat earth and of course other conspiracies that are dealt with in this manor.and is allowed by mods which I think is odd in itself since ats was built on conspiracies.
there is quite a bit of good evidence that points to the earth being flat. one doesn't have to believe it fully to discuss it...myself I find it a fascinating subject to discuss without believing it 100% what I do know is we have been lied to many times and wouldn't doubt that they could be lying about this as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
I agree, critical thinking means little here anymore, at one time people were far deeper. Mud slinging has become vogue amongst the masses. It's like critical thinking is now politically incorrect and therefore disallowed due to the minority and also those who are sheep who simply follow because it's 'cool' to be ignorant.
==========================================================================

because that is what this website has become it's ok to make reference to being dumb,stupid and ignorant and completely shamed for discussing the possibility of the flat earth and of course other conspiracies that are dealt with in this manor.and is allowed by mods which I think is odd in itself since ats was built on conspiracies.
there is quite a bit of good evidence that points to the earth being flat. one doesn't have to believe it fully to discuss it...myself I find it a fascinating subject to discuss without believing it 100% what I do know is we have been lied to many times and wouldn't doubt that they could be lying about this as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: TWILITE22

They're definiately hiding something. Maybe it has to do with the Arctic Wall and that no one is allowed to go there except the Elite numbnuts who control everything because gawd forbid we might actually use our brains and suggest thing's that they don't agree with. btw interesting Vids!

I just found out about this theory of the flat earth(where have I been?lol) and out of nowhere someone creates a thread of it.
well I saw how far that was going to go...a few pages of ridicule,shame and dumb stupidity later the op gave up.but isn't that the way conspiracies are treated on ats anymore? but maybe it was designed to be this way.maybe I don't "get it"lol
logical thinking no longer is allowed to flourish to expand to a conclusion of facts...we must deny our own eyes and intuition,we must believe the lies told over and over...yes they must be afraid of something!
what I previously thought as a joke surprised me in the way of the evidence presented that we may not understand a thing about what we live on.
for me it wasn't about convincing others it was about having an adult conversation...and that will not happen here,but you were one of a few who are open to the possibility.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join