It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earthers - Here is your answer ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mojom

Just a few thoughts after that mind numbing video:

1) If the moon is higher than the sun, how do eclipses happen?
2) If he made the sun and the moon spherical, why is it so far fetched that the Earth would be, too?
3) How the heck does the sun go from the west to the east every morning if it never sets?

Can someone please ask him these questions on Youtube? LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: mojom

The whole flat earth thing started as an exercise in debate. Somehow, it has evolved into an actual theory with actual people believing in it. I admit, some who debate the topic are a bit convincing, but in order to really believe it, you have to ignore several obvious facts.

But on this site, and others like it, all you really need to do is show how the gubbamnet can't be trusted, and you have won.

That is what I was thinking. Someone tried to be as convincing as possible to an idea that is clearly false. All someone had to do was follow some of these "convincing" arguments and post them on conspiracy sites to attract gullible followers.

Also, I would think this website is much better than many other conspiracy forums out there. Especially when talking about silly ideas like this.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Publicly available, amateur collected proof that the world is sphere is massively available online.

Proof one.
Mars can be seen with a telescope as round with icy poles. Its not seen as a disk with its poles around the outside. Its motion through space can also be tracked with relation to the sun not the earth.

Proof two.
The sun is a spinning sphere. Also can be confirmed at home by amateurs. So if the earth was flat, other celestial objects are easily observable spheres, with just the moon offering a challenge.

Proof three.
No flat map can accurately show landmasses size and relation. The only accurate way is to place mappings on an oblate spheroid. This can be proven by anyone who has traveled area to area and records the distance and trajectory. No person has ever shown a mapping model that disproves this.

Proof four.
Corriolis effect can not be explained rationally with a flat earth. It has to claim a mysterious effect at play. While it serves as proof of a sphere earth.

Debunk one.
It is said as proof that if you look out a window of airplane you should not be able to see the horizon on both sides. This is just an exaggeration. At ground level the horizon seems to be a direct line of site. It is actually lower than your line of site, but completely unobservable so. A change of eight miles up on a planet would give you a better view. You view of the horizon would expand by miles but the height of the horizon would only lower a tiny bit due to seeing further. The expectation of seeing a noticeable curve at that height with the naked eye is in vain. For an observer on the ground with eye level at h = 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m), the horizon is at a distance of 2.9 miles (4.7 km). For an observer standing on a hill or tower 100 feet (30 m) in height, the horizon is at a distance of 12.2 miles (19.6 km). A noticeable curve would only be viewable once you attain a height that allows nearly an entire hemispherical view. Keep in mind wile still in the atmosphere, objects at great distances disappear due to diffusion of light.

Debunk two.

The effects of the light being scattered instead of being directed beams, is said to support the idea the sun is closer on a flat earth. This can be easily proven wrong. Light no matter how far continues to diffuse as it passes thru Earths atmosphere. Due to the fact a large proportion of light is being blocked, the indirect diffused beams happen to appear brighter than the ambient light.

Debunk three.
The use of the conjecture that the earth is flat and proof by the lack of unedited pictures of earth from space supports it, is wrong. Most of the thousands of satellites are too low to take a complete picture of earth. This is why we have so many composites. The ones claimed to be taken further away produce a low quality blue washed image. If there is a conspiracy as a reason to why we have such limited imagery, it is a massive leap of fantasy to claim its because the earths flat. The lack of disclosure, the proven and unproven frauds of the space programs, does not indicate a pattern of deception surrounding the earth being flat. If events are related and a true conspiracy it is more indicative of budget fraud and information control.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

My guess is that he would probably come up with some flawed theory to answer those questions, none of which would be correct obviously. I wouldn't even bother asking him either since regardless of his answers, they'll be wrong and we'd be worse off knowing wrong answers rather than no answers at all.

For question number 3, I think how it's supposed to work is that the sun revolves in a big circle with only half of that rotation actually going over the flat earth disc. I'm not 100% sure that's how it supposed to work but I think so. That would mean it would go east to west as it goes around one half of it's orbit. Then after it passes over "flat earth" it does the other half of it's orbit where we can't see it returning back to it's start again in the east. Don't quote me on that but I think that is how the stupid theory is supposed to work.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DEANORULES24

See here is the problem with the flat earth theory. It relies on a premise of stupidity. Since you can't argue with stupid, this argument never goes away.

So when will the Evolutionists and Creationists stop arguing ????

Oh, wait, they both believe they have the correct theory, and you cannot argue with either of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Quietly and efficiently, the United Nations and other global government bodies have set forth on bold new initiatives which will address the Asteroid Threat. The powers that be will use all of their powers to distract us from the Asteroid Apocalypse, which is the next level in the Wernher von Braun threat list... after communism, terrorism and rogue nations, asteroids will become the new existential threat, followed by aliens.

The Flat Earthers are just the beginning of a huge disinfo program. There will also be disinfo programs for asteroids and aliens. That is simply how the program works. Disinfo, disinfo, disinfo. Eventually this program makes you so desensitized to disinfo that you will be ready to accept any program presented to you as your prime program.

Donald Trump is running for president. It's a distraction. It's disinfo.
edit on 7/7/2015 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
the flat earth claim is :

further i have yet to encounter a flat earth claimant who wasnt also a bat-crap crazy religious zealot

You think there is a connection in there somewhere ?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Well, since the Creationists don't actually have a position which is verifiable in any way that sort of means they don't even have an argument in the first place. Only one position actually has verifiable evidence to support it's theories and that is on the side of Evolution. Until there is another position that has some kind of verifiable evidence to support it's argument there is only "One Argument".

Oh, wait, they both believe they have the correct theory, and you cannot argue with either of them.

Doesn't really matter what anyone "believes" though does it. Nobody cares what anyone else believes. What really matters is what you can prove and to prove something means showing evidence for that proof.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Who will fly across the south pole in Antarctica and video the journey in real time?

Nobody. Because it's protected by the UN.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
Who will fly across the south pole in Antarctica and video the journey in real time?

Nobody. Because it's protected by the UN.

If you pay for the plane, supplies and equipment I'll do it. I don't even care about the UN, I'll do it anyway. Worst case is you get a live video feed of the UN shooting me down over the Antarctic. Still might recoup some of your money from that. But best case is live video of me flying over the Antarctic Live.

Then there is the totally improbable chance that you get Live video of me flying over the giant Ice wall over the side of the flat earth and in to nothingness!!!

Either way, I'm down.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Some people are way ahead of us!

www.theflatearthsociety.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
(Tommy Lee Jones) Agent K talking to Will Smith (Agent J). Men In Black upon Agent J finding out about Alien life on Earth.

Humans for the most part don't have a clue, they don't want one or need one either, they think they have a good bead on things

Agent J - but what's the big secret? People are smart they can handle it.

Agent K - the person is smart, People are dumb panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

1500 yrs ago everybody knew the earth was the center of the universe

500 yrs ago everybody knew the earth was flat

And fifteen minutes ago you knew people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
edit on 7/8/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

We've all seen Men In Black...What does it have to do with ideas of a flat Earth ?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Not much, i was just watching it and noticed he mentioned the 'flat earth'. And then i began thinking about how many movies they've added half truths into, and that sparked my curiosity. Like for instance ... the one with Jack Nicholson in The Shining (Stanley Kubrick) and the Apollo 11 connection by Jay Weidner.

www.redicecreations.com...

a more explanitory explanation.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Why fly when you can ski?

There several ski trips offered to the South Pole.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

thats the problem when you get your " facts " from movies :

500 yrs ago everybody knew the earth was flat

the problem with that quote is a gentleman called columbus
- you should have heard of him

now columbus falsifies your twee quote - because of an error he made

the prarphrased summarry is :

columbus - like most educated men in the 14th century accepted that the earth whas a sphere - but die to his lack of understanding of archaic units of measurment - he believed that the earth was considerably smaler that its true size - this he concluded that he could sail from the west coast of the iberian peninsula and sail due west - making land fall in china with the limited provisions and water that ships of his era had

he was of course wrong - but the islands of the carribean that no europeans of the ear knew about saved his and his crews lives - and propelled them to fame

so there - dont get " facts " from comedy movies

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Thankyou but i didn't get my facts from movies, i did state however i found it 'interesting'. This is what makes people different, they don't all believe or assume the exact same thing or our world would look very much like communist china.

The difference between now and 500 yrs ago is that people had way more imagination than they do now. Nowadays, people just suck in and spew out what they're told without even thinking of any kind of possibilty beyond what we think we know now.

Humanity are becoming robotic they have no desire to dream or even think beyond what is possible. I grew up believing that ALL things were possible, and that the mind is powerful.

I also don't believe in laughing and mocking people based on what they believe makes you appear smarter, that's all. You don't know anymore about the world than you've been spoon fed so why lord it over others? I don't believe anything here is Solid and set in stone, but if you do fine, i'm not going to laugh and point fingers in your general direction that's just infantile.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

See here is the problem with the flat earth theory. It relies on a premise of stupidity. Since you can't argue with stupid, this argument never goes away.

Evolutionists and Creationists? Why are you bringing this topic up in a topic on Flat Earth Theory? Do you think ALL science talk is about evolution or something?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Here we are again with flat earth... there's not BS DEDICATED FORUM?

moon shadow on earth is called sun eclypse!!!

GO 3RD GRADERS!!!

edit on 8-7-2015 by matt1893 because: forgot something

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join