It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a football match = " revenge for pearl harbour " thats madness :(

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My guess is the purchase of Cloyd Rivers junk goes up for a few days and therefore another display of Capitalism scrapping up dollars near the bottom of the barrel.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The USA womens soccer team dominated that game, and the media shouldnt try and create tensions between two countries that depend on eachother so much these days.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

then just watch the movie and it will all make so very much sense.

I consider Idiocracy more of a prophetic documentary than a movie.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well we also have the whole damn state of Texas screaming " remember the Alamo".

I think that is retarded too.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
Well we also have the whole damn state of Texas screaming " remember the Alamo".

I think that is retarded too.

I think non-Texans use that phrase more then Texans do.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Soccer fans have always been stupid. The worst part is that the US women won against the world and the US is the only country that could care less about the sport. It's a strange irony.

America doesn't care about soccer????....damn, every town around have primary and secondary schools playing soccer games, there are city leagues with different age brackets, university and college teams....smaller countries just don't have the scale of infrastructure combined with the population that the US has, to put up American NFL football stadiums, major league baseball parks, NBA arenas, NHL hockey rinks, PGA golf courses, all over their own nation. the main national sport for a lot of countries...IS...football, or, as we wrongly call it here in America, soccer.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

The amount of money people spend on watching soccer here in the states is a fraction of what it is in, say, England or Germany.

The men's product is inferior to most of the other "big names" in world level soccer. MLS is where aging European stars go to milk a few more contract years. EPL, Serie A, etc are where everybody wants to play. Lionel Messi didn't grow up wanting to play for DC United.

More people play soccer now than they did when I was a kid, but that doesn't change how many are willing to spend money on watching it, outside of a World Cup tournament when it's held in the states. Or watching a Cup for as long as the U.S. is in it.

That'll probably change in a decade or two but let's be honest...the national level of give a damn isn't what it is in other countries.

Yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
revenge for pearl harbor? rise of the idiot indeed. too many of them in california

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I know from the mls games I've attended attendance seems to be on the rise.

Also the defunct nasl used to sell out tampas pro football stadium, it died because they had no controls on contracts.

Also the men's team isn't that far off, they just beat germany and tge Netherlands in back to back games.

Before the haters claim b team status, remember the us team had like 3 people from its WC sqaudron on it... The Dutch had neatly it's entire wc sqaud.
edit on 7-7-2015 by irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
One of the last time the world was properly happy imo, was last summer during the world cup.
Even the guys from Boko Haram and ISIS paused their hate to watch the games ...

Now, the FIFA is stormed by a corruption scandal and religious extremism is spreading everywhere.
Hopefully next year we'll have a UEFA Euro competition to watch, maybe that will focus the minds on lighter duties once again ?
If only the world could consider the benefits of organizing a soccer cup instead of wreaking havoc military-style ... The ancient Greeks understood this very well with their Olympic games and the Olympic truce.

I guess everyone needs to prove it's superiority as a fulfilment of the ego from time to time. Doing this trough sport, as a participant or as a supporter, is probably more constructive than through violence. Consider combat sports if necessary. That's doesn't force you to express 'idiotic' statements when you win but nothing prevents you to either.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It's about time the US caught on to the world's favourite sport.

Talking rubbish goes hand in hand with watching footy.
I guess it just gets under your skin more than other games.
I don't get as fired up watching anything else, even rugger or, from tomorrow, the Ashes.

Hang on and enjoy the ride, America, when it takes hold, life will never be the same again.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

agreed.

that is just stupid.

Besides, we should get revenge for more recent things, like Naruto

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join