It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry but you WILL NEVER understand the world if you don't travel the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling
a reply to: MrSpad

You are grasping for words and anyone who really knows 1 from 2 can only smile at your post.

China has bigger economy than US

China has way less debt than US

China has SURPLUS OF MONEY SITTING IN BIG PILES IN MANY CURRENCIES

as for debt, and types of debt, I understand perfectly and it seems you don't

Here are the worlds largest economies Worlds Largest Economies Maybe you and I have a different idea about what bigger is. China does have less debt than the US if you choose to ignore China's local governments and State Owned Companies. Although the Chinese can not ignore that debt, thus the dept reduction programs they using. And again you seem to not know what a surplus is. If at the end of the year your nations has spent more money than it has taken in that is debt. This is the case with China, the US and most modern economies. A cash reserve that is nearly 80% dollars is not a surplus. It is a currency reserve. Maybe your thinking of China's trade surplus? In that it exports more that imports.

China has some hard times ahead but, an economy that size is nearly impossible to bring down very far. It may not be as resilient as the US economy but, unless they have other problems they have been hiding they should come through ok.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

As someone who has travelled to various countries in my youth, I can honestly say it has made me wise beyond my years regarding some things.

I rather think that is in your own mind, especially these days with the internet and some have a natural intuitiveness and traveling the world will not change that at all or very little.

From the OP:

“But that will not stop me from telling you that the side effect of not traveling….... is ignorance."

And you do not know that there should always be THREE dots in an ellipsis (…)? For some reason i think that is more important than the place where the dirt is you happen to be standing on.

As far as the other stuff, you are generalizing too much and really seeing only one side…main thing is i just dont agree with your main point, the secondary and tertiary points i would say are also generalizing, but then most people are not really concerned about those things since they dont have to be.

edit on 6-7-2015 by Harvin because: Fixing

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The west is waging economic warfare with russia and china right now. Their elite are just as insane and disconnected from reality as the western elite.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I'm confused by this thread... The topic is about people being ignorant because they don't travel. But the entirety of your thread glorified communist china.

Your motives confuse me.

I highly doubt in your trip to china you saw the labor camps or some of the humanitarian atrocities that take place there. Anyone who is allies with north korea should be looked at with disconcerting eyes.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join