It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry but you WILL NEVER understand the world if you don't travel the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well to be honest they do have less people in jail.

It also seems to me like they have an element of capitalism, so maybe calling them communist is outdated.

Just because the leaders belong to a single party called "communist" does not mean they are communist as you have noted. In order to determine wht sort of system they have look at what they do. When you do that you see that it is a market economy dictatorship!!!! The complete opposite to a theoretical communist.

The leaders label themselves communist in order to deflect the anger the people would have if they saw them for what they are. A bunch of rich millionaires ruling the country for their own gain......hmm sounds familiar !!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling

I've never been to Australia though.

Thank god for that!!

Paris Hilton has travelled the world too, doesn't make her smart now, does it?

edit on 6/7/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

LOL!
To be fair, my cousins are from California, so they might be as superficial as you can get and not representative of the majority of americans.
My favorite sweater is now 21 years old, but made of scottish wool and the bestest in winter!

The world could go to hell in a handbasket right now, and I'd be fine. My sweater will easily make it another 20 years.

This weekend I had all my (grown) kids and grandchild come home, and they brought up the economic troubles in the world (Greece being a big issue) and they expressed that they are glad they have this "homebase" they know they can all take refuge in if it all falls apart.

That made me happy. That was the plan. "Each man for himself" has the strange effect of making each man terribly dependant upon what TPTB is up to....

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It's funny my euro friends always told me how different Europe is... Living in Westphalia for almost a year... And besides the language you could pick this region up and drop it in the middle states of America without missing a beat.

Though I still find it funny we moved to germany and got a Turkish landlord.. Once our German is better he has invited us to visit turkey with him and his wife... I can't wait to visit turkey again.

Though I must say, roundabouts are superior away from the big city... Food is fresher(supermarket ) and when I crave a soda sugar is so far superior to high fructose corn syrup it's not even funny.

All that said, I have seen far more similarities than differences in my travels. Biggest changes I've seen are language, and food pallet.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

You are wrong as usual.

Here is Chinese debt
www.nationaldebtclocks.org...

Here is US debt
www.nationaldebtclocks.org...

Here is western MSM link showing Chinese economy now being number 1

www.marketwatch.com...

Do the comparison if you wish.

EDIT: oh and MR Spad, China absolutely has a surplus of at least 10 trillion equivalent in usd

If you really want to hurt inside, take a look at their gold purchases

You need to understand the difference in types of dept. You show China only having a dept of 5 trillion. And yes it does have that at the national level in the traditional way. However you forget the nature of what is. that China despite its move toward capitalism is still a communist state. So the national Chinese Government is responsible for all local government debt and China’s state-owned enterprises who are in massive debt. None of that is reflected in the national debt, at least not yet. In the US local government debt is local. The Federal Government does not answer for it and all US companies are private as is any debt they carry. Surely somebody who knows China understands these basic differences in western and communist governments. Now China expects those local governments and SOE to deal with their debt problems on their own, although China has conducted some dept swapping to cut down on interest. However in the end that debt falls on the national government. And since the Chinese economy is tanking the plan is to just put off dealing with it until China has a recovery. Something most nations do.

And I think you are using the world surplus wrong. China has debt not a surplus and while you may try and argue the way that debt is calculated. It is in fact a national debt not a surplus. What I think you may be talking about is China's 3.7 trillion currency reserves made up mostly of US dollars and bonds. This is not a surplus it is money that would be used to prop up the currency in the event of a crash. For example Russia had large reserves it spent a great deal of to stabilize the Ruble while it was crashing. It has now begun buying US dollars to replenish that reserve. The US currency reserves tend in the 100 billion areas as the Dollars and Bonds that make up most other nations reserves come from the US.

edit on 6-7-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Thank god for that!!

Paris Hilton has travelled the world too, doesn't make her smart now, does it?

Cmon man that is a low blow...he does have a point even though he completely ruined the execution .... most people in this world have not traveled the globe let alone their own country....most tell their views from others and you know it....tell me what you think the % of people in this world that actually travel and see it for themselves ?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Ok, which part is the low blow? Surely not the Australian bit? You have seen this guy's threads right?

If it was the Paris Hilton bit, it may be harsh, but fair.

Take us Aussies and Bali for example.

Outside of the tourist areas, Bali is a completely different place...how many actually know what's beyond the tourist precincts?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Ok, which part is the low blow? Surely not the Australian bit? You have seen this guy's threads right?

If it was the Paris Hilton bit, it may be harsh, but fair.

Take us Aussies and Bali for example.

Outside of the tourist areas, Bali is a completely different place...how many actually know what's beyond the tourist precincts?

The low blow is most certainly the paris hilton bit.......and no i have no idea of the posting history...my bad...

To answer your other question other than those who reside there very few would venture far from 'known spots'....

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

And that's my point.

Just because someone's traveled to a country doesn't make them an expert on it, does it?

(post by redhorse removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

I'm not scared of China falling either, but they aren't THAT great. Just out of curiosity, for someone who travels the world, when was the last time you visited the states?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Bottom line is Russia, China and Europe will fail before America will.

Actually I'll take that bet
edit on 6-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I would like to travel more but I can't bring my guns with me and I can't keep up with all the games while I'm gone.
Plus, not every country has Carl's Jr. and I need them to survive since I get breakfast, lunch, dinner and dinner #2 there.

Oh well.

I tried to go to NYC once but the fact that I can't have a giant coke put me off. No thanks! Also, guns.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I live in the states dude

But i am planing to run when SHTF

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You do? The way you post seems to suggest otherwise. You seem to know very LITTLE about the American culture you denounce. For all the traveling you have done abroad, how much have you done stateside? I've seen the better part of the eastern half of the United States and can tell you that depending on where you are, it can be JUST as diverse between regions as leaving the country can (which I've also done).

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You are grasping for words and anyone who really knows 1 from 2 can only smile at your post.

China has bigger economy than US

China has way less debt than US

China has SURPLUS OF MONEY SITTING IN BIG PILES IN MANY CURRENCIES

as for debt, and types of debt, I understand perfectly and it seems you don't
edit on 6-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Shame about the eastern part of States eh

For what it's worth I hope you live in eastern parts in the next year or two

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Hmmm... doom rhetoric. Haven't seen THAT before... You didn't answer my question though.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am not blaming most of you for never getting outside of your country. I am not.

I know all about being poor working for low pay and not being able to afford it.

But that will not stop me from telling you that the side effect of not traveling....... is ignorance.

How many of you read ATS and think Chinese market fall 30% is a problem. Those of us who've been there know that Chinese government has unbelievable surplus and savings, Chinese people have savings. Their way of thinking is different, these people are completely different from any segment of American population.

Please please don't worry about Chinese, when you visit modern China you will realise these people don't need your pity, THEY ARE 1000 % TOUGHER THAN YOU IN EVERY WAY

China could have 80 % fall in stocks and still recover, what part of $ 10 trillion in surplus don't you understand, word "surplus" is very rare word in western Rothschild controlled countries.

Western MSM only brings you the most negative about China (and Russia) they don't want to show you Chinese modern achievements because IT WOULD BE EMBARRASSING

Most Chinese are proud of their communist party, you as a westerner would not be able to comprehend that but that's the thing, they are not asking you to comprehend it, that's your problem, not theirs.

Thanks to my generous uncle, I've been to
England
Germany
Greece
Russia
China
Croatia
Mexico
Canada
Argentina
France
Egypt

10 years ago I was invited to move to Australia to live there, had papers almost ready, but decided not to.

I hear they used to be all prisoners LOL

LOOK AT ME!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I do not need to visit America to know its police need to be reminded of their place. I do not need to visit China to know that its people are some of the hardiest folk on the face of Earth, and I do not need to visit Brussels in order to know that things which happen there are deeply shady.

The ability to conceptualise a thing does not require proximity to it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join