It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry but you WILL NEVER understand the world if you don't travel the world

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am not blaming most of you for never getting outside of your country. I am not.

I know all about being poor working for low pay and not being able to afford it.

But that will not stop me from telling you that the side effect of not traveling....... is ignorance.

How many of you read ATS and think Chinese market fall 30% is a problem. Those of us who've been there know that Chinese government has unbelievable surplus and savings, Chinese people have savings. Their way of thinking is different, these people are completely different from any segment of American population.

Please please don't worry about Chinese, when you visit modern China you will realise these people don't need your pity, THEY ARE 1000 % TOUGHER THAN YOU IN EVERY WAY

China could have 80 % fall in stocks and still recover, what part of $ 10 trillion in surplus don't you understand, word "surplus" is very rare word in western Rothschild controlled countries.

Western MSM only brings you the most negative about China (and Russia) they don't want to show you Chinese modern achievements because IT WOULD BE EMBARRASSING

Most Chinese are proud of their communist party, you as a westerner would not be able to comprehend that but that's the thing, they are not asking you to comprehend it, that's your problem, not theirs.

Thanks to my generous uncle, I've been to
England
Germany
Greece
Russia
China
Croatia
Mexico
Canada
Argentina
France
Egypt

I've never been to Australia though.

10 years ago I was invited to move to Australia to live there, had papers almost ready, but decided not to.

I hear they used to be all prisoners LOL
edit on 5-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

This weekend I took a boat from Melbourne to Moscow next weekend I plan to go to London and Paris .
edit on 5-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
To add this because some might not get it, since this is not business and economy type of website.

Surplus means you are able to utilise savings without causing inflation by printing additional currency.

In the old days that used to be called saving for a rainy day, which is no longer practiced in western Rothschild controlled countries

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
This weekend I took a boat from Melbourne to Moscow next weekend I plan to go to London and Paris .

Dude look at the map, you have an Ocean of problem with that travel plan.

Lol : EDIT you wrote drove instead of took a boat and changed it in the last sec

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

As someone who has travelled to various countries in my youth, I can honestly say it has made me wise beyond my years regarding some things.
edit on 5-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ill be lucky if i can find the gas to look for work.
Anyway i wish i could travel

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I've travelled too, but any nation that persecutes based on religion, like Communist China, can keep their culture to themselves.

Anyways, its not the Chinese market that everyone is worried about. Its the Western market. China is simply an early warning.

No offense, but you do come off as a bit condescending.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling

originally posted by: Greathouse

Dude look at the map, you have an Ocean of problem with that travel plan.

Lol : EDIT you wrote drove instead of took a boat and changed it in the last sec

That was because we drove to our starting point Ludlow Kentucky. We took the boat up to Melbourne Kentucky to visit a friend . Then we rode over to Moscow Ohio .

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If you cant afford to travel, then read newspapers from different countries. It is amazing to see news from a source outside the US media. It may take a while to get used to. Its not like anything you see here.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Who wants to understand the world? Heck, I am working on my understanding my in-laws!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

China persecuting based on religion ?

That's a lie.

If you are referring to Falon Gong, they perceive it as a sect.

Religions of all kinds are practiced in China

TEMPLES OF ALL SORTS ARE EVERYWHERE

see what I mean, just keep lapping up that MSM

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Double post

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
If you cant afford to travel, then read newspapers from different countries. It is amazing to see news from a source outside the US media. It may take a while to get used to. Its not like anything you see here.

Yup

Good point, google is good for something with all that translate stuff

But most sites in other countries have English version.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think a better way of putting things is "you will never understand the world," and end it there. Because the world, as it happens, is a hugely complicated place, and parts of it will never be understood by anyone, even the people involved.

In general, though, I do wish more people would educate themselves about cultures outside of their own and can agree with you on that. Or at least watch the kind of travel show where the host gets embedded in a location and really digs into the local thing. Reading books by authors from other countries about the things that happen in their countries is marvelously enlightening, as well. Also, internet, what?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So, China is better than capitalist pig Americans.

Got it.

Does traveling to Mexico count? I love Mexico. Well, don't get as many chances anymore....but i still love Mexico.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well to be honest they do have less people in jail.

It also seems to me like they have an element of capitalism, so maybe calling them communist is outdated.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Still spouting propaganda, I see.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Although you mainly focus in on the economic side of things, it goes much deeper to also include complex social interactions based upon customs, traditions and geographical isolation / congestion.

In a nutshell, the global propaganda behemoth has done, and continues to do a swell job of convincing largegroups of people that other groups of people are evil enemies intent on deconstructing ones way of life.

These groups are sometimes targeted for skin colour, sometimes religious beliefs, sometimes sexual preference, sometimes political beliefs and sometimes a combination of all of them.

Once you travel the world, and meet average Joe from Indonesia, Ireland, Ghana and where ever else, you soon realize that the real enemy is the TV, radio and now internet propaganda behemoth.

Oh - and you fully missed out in not coming to Australia - LOL, yes, yes we are all bread-thievin alcoholic criminals and the poms are mighty lucky they got rid of that vermin to the southern hemisphere - and even though we beat everyone in all sports, we have ugly women, crap weather and beaches and things that can kill in less than 1 minute. DO NOT ENTER!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Star and flag.

Being "the foreigner," even for just a few months, is more educating than an average bachelors degree. Both the pros and cons teach you about your own culture, and how small your view used to be.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
So, China is better than capitalist pig Americans.

Got it.

I didn't say that

They certainly know how to work and save money I'll tell you that

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join