It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embrace Challenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Bad days happen to us all. Tragic events strike everyone throughout life.

We'd all enjoy the vapid luxuries of a carefree existence, but few amongst us have accrued karma enough to have earned such a life.

Thus for the vast majority, challenges unforeseen strike at the least desirable of moments.

Your significant other cheats on you. Your car breaks at random. Your job gets downsized. Those are just a few examples of the various tragedies that confront us throughout this reality.

These events and more form the challenges that we all face from time to time. They comprise the undesirable situations from which most would happily slink away.

The default reaction to difficulty typically involves negative emotions like sadness, anger, self-pity, and irritation. "Why me?" becomes a oft-heard mantra, swift-followed by the common refrain: "I don't want to deal with this."

Wrong attitude. Instead of shying from challenges, you should embrace them. Instead of hoping for a burdenless life, you should invite as much calamity as you deserve.

Why?

Karma comes in flavors both good and bad. And both types are repaid in kind. Thus every challenge you face is an expunging of karmic debt.

Every burden in your life is nothing more than your bad deeds returning to haunt you once before departing forever.

You see--once karma is expunged through subsequent consequence, once a negative deed is cosmically repaid in kind, it vanishes like it's never been. And that means something vital:

For every challenge that life throws your way, you're helping efface your past crimes. For every undesirable situation through which you endure, you're ameliorating prior debts so that one day you can stand light and weightless upon those cosmic scales of justice.

So embrace challenge--face it strong, and welcome it as deserved. For whenever some difficulty arises in your life, that simply means you're one step closer towards spiritual freedom.

And while confronting and awaiting those difficulties, remember to live an moral life so you never add anything more onto your preexistent karmic burdens.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why would a good, loving, compassionate, kind, thoughtful and generous person have to pay some kind of karmic debt from a life they don't even remember?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

You sir have no clue about which you speak

None.

Fanciful dreams . Kindly reassess your life and realize karma has nothing to do with it

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
So embrace challenge--face it strong, and welcome it as deserved. For whenever some difficulty arises in your life, that simply means you're one step closer towards spiritual freedom.

That little girl is so close to spiritual freedom

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Idk, and judging ourselves is no easy task. Look, everyone has their own lessons to learn.

I confess that in my youth I was the type of individual who often found myself doing "good" for the wrong reasons. I didn't understand life like I do now. I'd be one more apt to help someone if somebody was watching or I could leverage it for selfish gain further down. I had do go through some very dark places, and did things I am ashamed to admit.I despised what I had become.
Wounds heal, but the scars remain.

Hopefully I have learned as I've grown, though one of the most challenging lessons has been learning to forgive myself. Until I learned about love on that level, I felt imprisoned by all those times I missed the mark...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

No one is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. You have grown from yours, so forgive yourself for any past mistakes and let your light shine.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

You sir have no clue about which you speak

None.

Fanciful dreams . Kindly reassess your life and realize karma has nothing to do with it

Awesome, thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

How do you know that in her last life that little girl wasn't a village elder who unjustly starved her people?

At no point did I say don't feel sorry for those who suffer. But I did say embrace your own personal suffering as part of the necessary cosmic cycles, which I've found to be an amazing psychological mechanism for overlooking personal tragedy.

YMMV.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Because those lessons you need learn to mature as a conscious entity that WILL remember those things after this life.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

How do you know that in her last life that little girl wasn't a village elder who unjustly starved her people?

At no point did I say don't feel sorry for those who suffer. But I did say embrace your own personal suffering as part of the necessary cosmic cycles, which I've found to be an amazing psychological mechanism for overlooking personal tragedy.

YMMV.

You know the same excuse (suffering is past karma being cleansed) is used by the Indian society to justify the segregation of the poors into a caste they can never leave?

This theory only works if you believe in the reincarnation of the soul in the first place.

I do believe in karma because karma is simply another name for laws of causes and consequences.

If you are evil with others don't be surprised when they make you pay for it somewhere down the road.

But saying that a child born in Darfur who will not live longer than 2 years is having that life because he deserved it from a previous life. Sorry I will never support a theory that will glorify suffering and almost imply not to try to prevent it in others.

Just a personal preference.

I don't believe in the individual reincarnation of the soul. I believe we all are the same soul and you should feel moved by the suffering of each one because that soul is also you.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Karma or past mistakes can be transfered to the present life if there is a logical conclusion for it.

In terms of the post above from JUhrman it would make sense that that spirit in that child was previously a fat, greedy, elitist white westerner who couldn't wait to wipe out 6.5 billion people as currently stamped on the Georgia Stones.

That is justice and payback as in you get what you give. That black poverty stricken child is now reaping the rewards of what he did to that black African country when his spirit occupied a white skin person working in a elitist department in Europe for example. Its called 'PayBack'.

However, bad events that can last years if not decades can make a present day spirit in a host body learn the hard way of what they must do in the next life. When the next life starts with their ultimate dream becoming reality, it will be Heaven.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Sorry, maybe I'm not writing clearly this morning.

I never said don't feel bad for those who're suffering. And I never said don't help alleviate the suffering of others.

I just gave a simple psychological tool to make one's own personal suffering more palatable. Use at your discretion.

And have a great morning!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I just gave a simple psychological tool to make one's own personal suffering more palatable.

And I understood perfectly fine.

That's why I said that starving African child should actually be happy and embracing that challenge as being one step closer to spiritual freedom.

I'm not twisting your word or anything. I'm just saying you have a romantic vision of spirituality that isn't grounded in reality.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran
In terms of the post above from JUhrman it would make sense that that spirit in that child was previously a fat, greedy, elitist white westerner who couldn't wait to wipe out 6.5 billion people as currently stamped on the Georgia Stones.

Wouldn't it be convenient... To claim an unprovable past from her because it's the only thing that would explain suffering.

We could almost say that child deserves everything happening to her.

What a beautiful philosophy.

Sorry. Not everything in this world has meaning or logical explanation. Volcanoes do not erupt because we don't feed them enough virgins.

We are supposed to be a bit further spiritually than to be still claiming that those who are lucky deserved it and those who aren't deserved it too.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

amazing psychological mechanism for overlooking personal tragedy.

This is what it is. You put cosmic meaning on suffering so you can fight it better. If it works for you, if it helps you to cope better with all the things that make you suffer, then by all means don't stop. For you it's karma, for other it's "god has his impenetrable ways", etc.. But you should also really ask yourself if you're more attracted to the truth or more attracted to a comfortable idea that makes you believe everything has a reason and everything is in the right place. I mean, there is a real need in ourselves to find meaning, and for this sole reason we should be careful when we think we found meaning.

The way I see it : there is reality and there is how we think about reality. There is the map and there is the territory. The territory is the reality and the map is the thought model that we have created that is supposed to represent reality. There are many different maps but there is only one territory. Some maps are more precise than others, some other maps don't take into account some characteristics of the territory. And there are obvious characteristics within the territory - like suffering - that are described in almost every map because those characteristics are prominent and hard to ignore. You have chosen the karma map and this map enables you to navigate through the territory with more or less success. What one shouldn't do is identifying with the map, because we have the possibility to change maps at any time, once we find a more precise map or one that better fits our goals.

Your goal is to cope with suffering, and that is why you have chosen to use the karma map, am I wrong ?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Hey, like I said. If it works for you, good.

If not, no big deal.

Either way, have a great morning!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Thank you Night Star. It's been very healing. I had showed a brave face, even when I was hurting inside. Forgiving myself allowed me to let go of the attachment to things I couldn't change.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Hey, like I said. If it works for you, good.

If not, no big deal.

Either way, have a great morning!

Thank you.

I'm not trying to find what works or what doesn't work.

Just to be a bit thought provoking because it's never a bad thing to re-evaluate your beliefs. Try it sometimes

Have a great morning too!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Just for the sake of discussion, you say this :

I'm not trying to find what works or what doesn't work

And then you say this :

it's never a bad thing to re-evaluate your beliefs

Aren't you finally giving advice on what works and what doesn't work ?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

That is justice and payback as in you get what you give. That black poverty stricken child is now reaping the rewards of what he did to that black African country when his spirit occupied a white skin person working in a elitist department in Europe for example. Its called 'PayBack'.

So that poor, innocent black child who has no memory whatsoever of a past life, no matter what he might have done, is made to suffer? He would have no idea whatsoever of why he is suffering. How do we know if that black child would have grown up to be some wise, inspiring and loving and compassionate person had he have been in a better situation in this life?

I have known many people who are the most wonderful, kind, compassionate, generous and loving people who have experienced much turbulence and horrors in their lives, who do not for one minute deserve what they are having to deal with. If there is pay back, what is it for? For something that as far as they know, they never did? For something that they would never dream of doing in this life? Makes no sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join