It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressively done list of 302 accomplishments Obama has done

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm not a Brit, I'm in Indiana after escaping from Illinois.

Unless you meant to reply to Charlie?

My reply was to Charlie.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

"Obama's debt contribution was $983 billion between 2009-2017."

useconomy.about.com...

Maybe you need a lesson in economics before you spout right wing drivel about what Obama did to the national debt.

I say maybe, I mean definitely.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

That reply was not meant at you in anyway .

My observation was for the debate this thead is sure to offer . You picked an issue that people are very likely to get passionate on . So bravo !!!!!

This really should be lively thread. So lively in fact, that I'm going to sit back and watch and stay the hell out of it . Lol

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: beezzer

How is a third of the country not working with only a 5.5% unemployment rate? If you are talking about federal or state assistance, yes approximately 35% of households are receiving some form of benefit, but of that 80% are employed. People aren't making ends meet even working full time anymore.

if you actually believe the 5.5% unemployment rate, then you're either naïve or looking for a job at MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

How is a third of the country not working with only a 5.5% unemployment rate? If you are talking about federal or state assistance, yes approximately 35% of households are receiving some form of benefit, but of that 80% are employed. People aren't making ends meet even working full time anymore.

if you actually believe the 5.5% unemployment rate, then you're either naïve or looking for a job at MSNBC.

I think you meant CNN Beezer! Remember the Horror of an ISIS flag in the gay parade?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Nothing because his foreign policy is abysmal.

Then again, quite a lot because he has brought Iran to the negotiation table and backed Russia into an economic s#storm which helps Europe and keeps the Bear quiet when it acts aggressive...

So stopping WWIII & an invasion of my country by an ever powerful Russia is a plus.

But mostly nothing.

Btw I'm not trolling. I resent the accusation.
You may not care about our political structure, I care deeply about yours.
As our closest ally, it's a must know situation. IMO.

So I do have a horse in this race, and always will.

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: sarra1833

That reply was not meant at you in anyway .

My observation was for the debate this thead is sure to offer . You picked an issue that people are very likely to get passionate on . So bravo !!!!!

This really should be lively thread. So lively in fact, that I'm going to sit back and watch and stay the hell out of it . Lol

Haha I might too O_O
im scared lol.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I think you meant CNN Beezer! Remember the Horror of an ISIS flag in the gay parade?

Good point!

ISIS is something created under his administration!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Negotiated the framework for an agreement with Iran that would end their nuclear weapons program.

www.aljazeera.com...

This list is held together by band-aids and crazy glue. Quite ahead of itself. Its too early to make lists when many of these accomplishments have yet to bear the fruit of his labor.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

This.
THIS.
Bravo. Hats off to you.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
After reading about half the list, I question whether the Executive Office (no matter who sits there) can really be responsible for all the accomplishments mentioned or at least how they are phrased.

Each branch has only so much leeway enumerated to it. Granted, nobody seems to care what the Constitution says anymore so I guess it is possible to claim just about anything.

Ended the war in Iraq? Increase government transparency? Reduced oil market speculation? Damn, that is some doing.
edit on PM1197PMRCDT2015 by ABNARTY because: sp

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Nothing because his foreign policy is abysmal.

Then again, quite a lot because he has brought Iran to the negotiation table and backed Russia into an economic s#storm which helps Europe and keeps the Bear quiet when it acts aggressive...

So stopping WWIII & an invasion of my country by an ever powerful Russia is a plus.

But mostly nothing.

Btw I'm not trolling. I resent the accusation.

Obama is the same government you have! Different country, but ruled by the same bankers?

Take a look at Greece! Your country and mine aren't too far behind?

My statement stands! As much as I care for you and my brothers and sisters in the EU? I got enough problems with my own government than stick my nose into yours?

Different countries, different laws! I respect yours, respect mine.......

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Obama's legacy seems much more the maintaining of the status quo, at least to me - The behemoth security apparatuses instituted in the Bush era has only grown, we prosecute and hunt-down whistle blowers of government wrong-doing, the wall street and economic reforms were token, as wages continue to stagnate as cost of living sky rockets. The middle class continues to shrink, as the exorbitantly wealthy gain more assets - the majority of actions taken by the US government, domestically and foreign, since the end of the second world war, has been made to benefit the new oligarchical ruling class.

Our domestic and foreign policy has been to maintain the global economic dominance of the USA emplaced since the end of ww2, no matter the party in control, and no matter the ecological, social, or economic damages to domestic and foreign populations. Yet, we still hide behind the false mask of humanitarianism, and the spreading of "freedom and democracy" when we are much more interested in the economic exploitation of a population, then any true sociological/cultural/economic benefit.

link   
Yeah, no.

Transparent? Hardly.

Fiscally responsible? Bwhaha right.

I could go through that list and shred it up in greater detail, but I don't wanna be arguing all night with people who regurgitate talking points and live with the blinders on.

link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

That's a good point.

How many times have we heard that Obama is just a puppet?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Doubled funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, which is designed to improve manufacturing efficiency.

very impressive.

"manufacturing efficiency" with less jobs in the U.S. and more overseas.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I would suggest getting your head checked if you believe that. Debt is up almost 9 trillion so far under Obama, but if that doesn't satisfy you maybe this will.

"A better measurement would be the debt burden, or how the debt compares to the gross domestic product, Buchanan said. During the Bush administration, debt as a percentage of GDP went from about 55 percent to about 68 percent. As of 2014, it’s shot up to 103.2 percent, according to the Tax Policy Center."

www.politifact.com...
edit on 5-7-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

So you didn't read the source I shared?
You jumped straight to what must be a mental ailment on my part?

Try harder next time.
And maybe read the source I shared, which explains the entirety of the debt and who is responsible for how much of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Who said I didn't respect the differences?

This is an international forum, seeker...
And your country is my countries closest ally...

I won't be ushered into keeping my opinion to myself just because I'm "not from round here, partner".

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yea but...

But...

Somebody made a list!

And it's Bush's fault, or the congress's fault, or it's because climate change.

You forgot to blame Obama.

Wait, what?!?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join